English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 01 March 2011, 09:16   #1
phipscube
WipEout Fanboi

Post D.I.Y Auto Video Switcher for B/C Vision PPC and Indivision AGA

I've been busy making a schematic of my Auto Video Switcher seen in my A1200 D project thread (see sig) and along with little bits of extra info I thought i'd share this with you all so you can make one yourself (attached zip to this post). All the work i've done has been based on that of Christopher Kummerow's found here: -

http://mitglied.multimania.de/camiga/index_e.html

All I've done is tweaked it so that it works with an Indivision AGA 1200 and BVision PPC on an LCD monitor. It should also work with Indivision AGA A4000 and CVision PPC directly (also with other scan doublers and GFX cards but the input pins may need changing around a bit and its CGX only in WB 3.x).

I take no credit for the design.

Two of the components are a little hard to get ahold of also so here are the links: -

LT1675

http://www.elv.de/output/controller....ereich=&marke=

This is possibly the only place you can find this component. Its a bit small and may be tricky to solder, but I mounted mine on a standard 16 Pin Socket thus: -

The other component is the SIM1-0505 (DC/DC Converter). I got mine here: -

http://www.conrad.com/DC/DC-WANDLER-..._17460_2110730

The rest of the parts I think can be obtained quite easily, some even ripped from old PC's (connectors etc).

In all the parts will cost between 20 and 30 EURO (excluding shipping costs) so not bad if your willing to put in the work!

Here's some other photos of my home made effort! (along with a USB Ethernet adapter): -

(crappy) Video here: -

[ Show youtube player ]

The attached ZIP includes my schematic as a jpeg and also the original schematic file I used to make it. Please feel free to improve this if you want as i'm no designer. I just put it together best I could to get something out to you guys and help anyone else who happens to get in the same position I was many months ago. Hopefully it will save you alot of time I also put some data sheets and the software (not my own) used to control this in OS3.x and OS 4.x. In 4.x its not fully automatic, it is semi auto it switches with function key presses. I've not tested the OS 4.x software yet so i'm not sure how it works exactly but the OS 3.x one works brilliantly. More info on how the software works is on Christians page linked above.

Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: zip AutoMonitorSwitcher.zip (1,014.6 KB, 250 views)
Old 01 March 2011, 13:10   #2
Cosmos
Banned

Exxxxxcccceellllleennnnttttt !!!!!