English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Modules

Old 03 October 2008, 08:44   #1
blade002
Zone Friend

Amiga Mobile Tones :)

I remember that about 6 months ago or longer that some of you guys put a few Amiga Game related ring tones up. I just got a another new Mobile phone and although it has some nice standard sounds, nothing would beat the sound of some Amiga related tunes bleating out of its speaker Can you guys help a poor little blade002 redeem his phone once more !?!?..

Also are there any Amiga related picture themes that you guys may also have ???

BTW - I am kind of trying to avoid remixes though, but if they sound as close to the originals without a DOOF DOOF Chorus them i am happy with that also

Last edited by blade002; 03 October 2008 at 09:12.
Old 03 October 2008, 09:27   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Hi blade,

I think you mean this site : http://www.guildserver.co.uk/project...?g2_itemId=117
Have fun with your new mobile mate
Old 03 October 2008, 09:35   #3
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Hi blade,

I think you mean this site : http://www.guildserver.co.uk/project...?g2_itemId=117
Have fun with your new mobile mate
Cheers buddy !!!!!!..... that site looks AMAZING !!!!!!!, although it seems there is no way to register on the site unless you already know the login and a specified password !?

And YES, FINALLY X-OUT WON !!!!!!!!..... I have been a real stranger to PP Hammer, but too many personal interruptions plus work and study are cutting into my fine line of time but X-Out will be a MUST

UPDATE -: Just realised after clicking the "Gallery" box that it took me back to the home page to create an account. .my mistake

Last edited by blade002; 03 October 2008 at 09:46.
Old 03 October 2008, 09:50   #4
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Erm, you don't have to register to download the ringtones, but hey if it now works for you nevermind

Yuo, playing X-Out will be really fun It was a long run, but now we can show the world what we're made of
Old 03 October 2008, 10:07   #5
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Erm, you don't have to register to download the ringtones, but hey if it now works for you nevermind

Yuo, playing X-Out will be really fun It was a long run, but now we can show the world what we're made of
Yes you are right, i have just realised that i don't need to register to download the tunes, but when i click on download audio it just goes to a online music player and streams the tune until it plays, but if i right click on the "download" audio link it doesn't give me the option of "save to" for a file download!?...

Maybe i am just being stupid !?.. lol.

and yes mate, you and I are going to show those amateurs what we are made of in X-OUT !!!
Old 03 October 2008, 10:21   #6
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

No 'Save as' when you right click on 'Download audio'? That's strange. Maybe you wanna try another browser? In FireFox there is a 'Save Target As' option which works.
Old 03 October 2008, 10:38   #7
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
No 'Save as' when you right click on 'Download audio'? That's strange. Maybe you wanna try another browser? In FireFox there is a 'Save Target As' option which works.
Well thats even stranger, because i "am" using Firefox and that option is not there!??. Maybe its because i am using Linux, but then the Firefox is based on Linux and the OS should have nothing to do with the browser application under this circumstance!?!?!?!.. very very weird.
Old 03 October 2008, 10:53   #8
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

The 'Crystalintro' cracktro tune is actually a Paradox tune.
Old 03 October 2008, 10:59   #9
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

The Wiz n Liz tune sounds totally off as well, doesn't sound right at all.
Old 03 October 2008, 11:00   #10
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002 View Post
Well thats even stranger, because i "am" using Firefox and that option is not there!??. Maybe its because i am using Linux, but then the Firefox is based on Linux and the OS should have nothing to do with the browser application under this circumstance!?!?!?!.. very very weird.
That's indeed weird. Are right the operating system FireFox runs on should have no effect. Are you using FF3 already blade? If all else fails, name the ones you want to have and I eMail them to you mate
Old 03 October 2008, 11:10   #11
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
The Wiz n Liz tune sounds totally off as well, doesn't sound right at all.
It's a cut from pattern 3 to pattern 8 of the mod. The sound seems to be a little touched, but other than that can't see anything wrong with it
Old 03 October 2008, 11:35   #12
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

The instruments don't play properly, I don't remember the sample volumes and clipping to be so bad.
Old 03 October 2008, 11:46   #13
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

The tune is badly amplified, so the instruments cut-off sounds worse than normal. However I really think the length of the samples and the timing is okay.
Old 03 October 2008, 11:48   #14
DH
Global Moderator

I converted all the awesome tunes I wanted to mp3 for my mobile phone, they sound great, although it is a bit time consuming as you have to record them in real time The recording level should be set quite low 'n' then normalise the tune before saving, this will give the tune it's best reproduction

I also use graphics created for the Parties as my main screen image (changing them once in a while), it gives my phone that authentic look 'n' cause nobody else uses Amiga tunes for their ring-tones I can proudly not answer the phone 'n' listen to the tune instead
Old 03 October 2008, 11:54   #15
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser View Post
I converted all the awesome tunes I wanted to mp3 for my mobile phone, they sound great, although it is a bit time consuming as you have to record them in real time
You can use either a modern tracker with WAV rendering or Deliplayer's Stream Recorder (if you haven't these nasty Vista issues ). That saves a bit of time and you don't have edit the recording afterwards. Then you can convert them to whatever format you want. Just in case you have to do it again and are short of time

Last edited by TCD; 03 October 2008 at 12:06.
Old 03 October 2008, 12:00   #16
DH
Global Moderator

Tried them all, I find speed over real time has it's faults too, you can get some strange blips 'n' some sound samples are played wrong. I just run the original through protracker in WinUAE 'n' record them using Nero WaveEditor. I'd rather they sound right 'n' sound at their best but thanks for mentioning
Old 03 October 2008, 12:09   #17
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Ah a sound purist Okay that is the 100% method I guess.
Old 03 October 2008, 13:03   #18
DH
Global Moderator

Quote:
Ah a sound purist Okay that is the 100% method I guess.
If it sounds good on an Amiga then why shouldn't it sound exactly the same on any other media, only the best will do for me
Old 03 October 2008, 15:06   #19
mihcael
Zone Friend

Hey blade,

all you need is Mp3's...

so dont forget http://modp3.mikendezign.com plenty of original amiga music on there!!