English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 22 February 2002, 22:09   #1
shutter
Zone Friend

New MovieShop Versions needs to be done

can somebody make a loader or crack for MovieShop(Video Editing/cutting program).The last amiga Version is 4.9beta (real good working is 4.8) For the draco exists V5.0 and 5.2.I think its not running because of the DRACO Eprom/resources which are if of course not in my Amiga 4000-060.
I have all necesarry files + Draco Rom + Draco Serial Number.
The New MS Version is running with the same VLabMotion/Toccata Cards in the DRACO.By the way perhabs the MS can be total cracked no it works without the VLabMotion...
(V4.8/9 is NOT running without the Card !)

thanks
Old 22 February 2002, 22:10   #2
shutter
Zone Friend

I m thinking of a little draco emulation ..
Old 27 September 2014, 20:33   #3
ancalimon
Supernormal

Any news on this after more than 10 years? (by the way.. wrong place for topic)
Old 28 September 2014, 10:14   #4
gulliver
BoingBagged

I would risk to say, that the only big problem emulating a DraCo is the VlabMotion/DraCoMotion Philips SAAxxxx chipset.

For what I have seen, it seems quite possible, on the other hand to emulate a Casablanca on a DraCo by preprocessing its rom update file (Devs:CasablancaBootFile) and getting it to the same format as Devs: DraCoBootFile.

The Casablanca editor is just another MovieShop variant NLE that basicaly works on the same hardware.
Old 28 September 2014, 23:32   #5
emufan

SAA7194 was used on a vlabmotion. some datasheets do exists.
Philips Semiconductors Desktop Video Data Handbook 1993 - deals also with that chip.
Old 02 December 2014, 20:00   #6
ancalimon
Supernormal

I'm trying to try Movieshop 4.9 beta7 but when I try to create a new project or load a project, I get a random software failure window. I was successful once but I don't know what I did (I created a new project first using 4.3, then I tried the same using 4.9 beta7 and it worked but this no longer works) Maybe there are some libraries that need updating? I am using the libs from 4.8 (4.9 beta7 is a single file and not a full archive like the previous versions)
Old 29 August 2015, 00:08   #7
jaesonk

Isn't the 4.9 release for PAL systems only? Maybe that's what crashes if you are trying it on NTSC. Also, it's a BETA release, expect fun to be had.

On a semi-related note, it would be interesting if some hardware guru could build an accelerator that fits into a 68060 socket. It may be the only way to supercharge a DraCo system. Unless you can unravel the DEC-ALPHA expansion port and expand MovieShop code to support it.

I'm thinking of something along the lines of the Sonnet Quad-Doubler & X-Calibur add-ons of the A3640. Or the Phase5 PPC prototype that fit into an 060 socket.

Have an 060 compatible processor that's faster, give it faster memory and a fast hard-drive controller card for SATA SSDs.
Old 29 August 2015, 02:03   #8
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaesonk View Post
On a semi-related note, it would be interesting if some hardware guru could build an accelerator that fits into a 68060 socket. It may be the only way to supercharge a DraCo system. Unless you can unravel the DEC-ALPHA expansion port and expand MovieShop code to support it.

I'm thinking of something along the lines of the Sonnet Quad-Doubler & X-Calibur add-ons of the A3640. Or the Phase5 PPC prototype that fit into an 060 socket.

Have an 060 compatible processor that's faster, give it faster memory and a fast hard-drive controller card for SATA SSDs.
Wouldnt it be faster and easier to just use a low footprint PC with WinUAE booting right into it, and accesing the DraCo thru VNC with it?

You will end up with a super-Amiga with AGA compatibility and DraCo video editing capabilities.

Something along the lines of this device (http://www.compactpc.com.tw/ebox-3300.htm) housed in a bay inside the DraCo case.