English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL contributions

Old 18 December 2011, 14:33   #481
s2325
Zone Friend

Operation Desert Storm (Simple crosshair shooter. Title music have samples from Stardust intro): [ Show youtube player ]
Operation Desert Storm (Different than most SEUCK games because your weapon are bombs.):

Old 20 December 2011, 21:09   #482
s2325
Zone Friend

Orbit (Arcade game with strange controls - press left mouse button to turn vehicle.):

Orbit - A Space Flight Simulator (Second floppy drive recommended.):

Old 22 December 2011, 06:40   #483
s2325
Zone Friend

Outpost - Solo Assault (First person view version of Asteroids, similar to PC Outer Ridge http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/566/Outer+Ridge.html Joystick controls was not the best idea.): [ Show youtube player ]
Someone made longer video here: [ Show youtube player ] As you can see second level is lightsaber battle, fourth have spaceships instead of asteroids.
Pamehta (ADF is named Pametha. I don't know how to start the game.):

Last edited by s2325; 22 December 2011 at 06:48.
Old 23 December 2011, 23:49   #484
s2325
Zone Friend

Paccer (Nothing special - standard Pac Man clone, no title screen.):

Pacman 87 (no sound):

Old 24 December 2011, 12:33   #485
s2325
Zone Friend

Paranoid (Good Arkanoid clone with looped sample as music. Use cycle-exact to avoid glitches in cracktro.): [ Show youtube player ]
Parattack (I think very limited ammo in that kind of game was not the best idea. Use joystick to control turret.): [ Show youtube player ]
Old 25 December 2011, 01:35   #486
s2325
Zone Friend

Particle Man (Nice arcade game - throw bombs into holes and avoid enemies. Your character can not stop, press and hold fire to carry bomb. Good graphics and music for PD game.): [ Show youtube player ]
Pays Du Monde (I have no idea what I should do in this french game):

Old 25 December 2011, 11:21   #487
s2325
Zone Friend

Phantom (I think it's one of the better Defender clones but radar is missing. Title music was also used in some cracktro, thunder sound is from Shadow of the Beast II intro. Press space to use smart bomb, hold fire = spread shot.): [ Show youtube player ]
Peebee (Vertical shooter with music in Super Frog style. Probably one of the best of SEUCK games.): [ Show youtube player ]
Petris (Keyboard controlled Tetris, no sound. You need desktop in high or mid resolution to see bottom of playfield.):

Old 25 December 2011, 12:00   #488
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
Pays Du Monde (I have no idea what I should do in this french game)
Judging from the screenshots and the title, it is probably an edutainment title in which you have to specify on the map what the name of each country is and what is the name of each corresponding capital city.

Or perhaps it is just meant to give information. From the title screen it seems you can have information (or play searching) things like area size, population count, GDP per inhabitants.
Old 26 December 2011, 01:08   #489
s2325
Zone Friend

Thank you.
PillMania (Dr Mario clone, I think it's better than other PD version of this game): [ Show youtube player ]
Picture Puzzle (You can also load custom pictures or music modules):

Pic-It (Nice music very similar to that one from Beach Volley, I don't know how to start the game):

Old 27 December 2011, 11:43   #490
s2325
Zone Friend

Pipeline (Excellent music, use keyboard to play game):

Pipeline 3 (Press fire button to start the game, left mouse button to quit to CLI):

Ping Pong (No single player mode, basic sound. Wrong file name, it's not AGA game):

Old 27 December 2011, 16:45   #491
s2325
Zone Friend

Pixie Kingdom (Guide white fairies to exit, use sword against enemies, collect keys. Good eyes required.):

Pipeliner (Another pipe maker.):

Pipeline (Almost the same as Pipeline 3. I had this game on some compilation as a kid, music is still nice.):

Old 28 December 2011, 16:17   #492
s2325
Zone Friend

Planet Fall (Preview version. Each level is different arcade mission with spaceship. Basic AMOS sound.): [ Show youtube player ]
PlayBall (I don't know rules of this game but you can select 12 nice music modules or load your own. After loading wait some time.):

Old 29 December 2011, 15:56   #493
s2325
Zone Friend

Plubz (Puzzle game for AGA with nice graphics but music is very glitchy.):

PopUp! (This AGA game is on floppy disk but you need to unpack LHA archive to hard drive. Something is wrong with speed in menu and in game.):

Old 07 January 2012, 03:49   #494
s2325
Zone Friend

Pyramid (Using armed spaceship collect diamonds to open doors, avoid or destroy enemies. I think it's one of the better from PD games.): [ Show youtube player ] http://hol.abime.net/3870
Poing (Small but very good Crack Out remake.): [ Show youtube player ]
Poing 3 (New and old levels.): [ Show youtube player ]
Poing 5 (Additional music on title screen, new levels.): [ Show youtube player ]
Polataa 4 (Another horizontal Arkanoid but for AGA and with 2 bats controlled by single player. Music is glitchy and something is wrong with game speed.):

Old 07 January 2012, 17:19   #495
s2325
Zone Friend

Poing 6 (New levels and I think there are more colors. This is the only version that can not work with A500.): [ Show youtube player ]
Pollymorf (Something similar to Puzznic with not bad graphics.): [ Show youtube player ]
Old 08 January 2012, 11:43   #496
s2325
Zone Friend

No Mercy: [ Show youtube player ]
Nostalgium: [ Show youtube player ]
No Man's Land: [ Show youtube player ]
audio is not from Amiga, these are not my videos
Old 12 January 2012, 01:26   #497
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Quote:
Some more games in which I don't know what I should do. Am I getting old?

Oblidox (Excellent title and hiscore music. It's not only puzzle game because you can shoot at enemies. But what should I do with these blocks?):

Obliteratives (With speedboat you need to avoid chasing crosshair but what should I do to advance to next level?):

Oblidox: You need to put all the blocks of the same colour (9 blocks of each colour) inside the square area surrounded by the same colour (3x3). So for example, you have to put all the red blocks in the top left area.

When you have put the 9 blocks of one colour in the corresponding area, there will be a sound played.

You can see the goal situation in the instructions (F4 on the title screen).

Very difficult game. I cannot manage to do more than 2 areas.
The fact that enemies cannot be killed permanently makes things quite difficult.
Rather than pushing blocks individually to their destination, I advise making convoys (several blocks put in line) as you can push them together and then adjust them when you reach a crossing.
Well, I say that but I have not managed to win so I guess there are better solutions.

IMO there is only one level.

Obliteratives:

You probably noticed but when you press the fire button and move the joystick it will bring a crosshair and will shoot a torpedo when you release the button.
Also, if you press the button a second time before moving the joystick, instead of a torpedo it will launch a round missile.

You have to shoot the circle with 1 inside. You need to aim precisely at 1, ie your crosshair must be on 1 when your release the button. In other words, aiming farther will not destroy 1 even if the torpedo hit it.
Or perhaps you have to it 1 several times. I don't really know, because sometimes it worked at first shot and sometimes I had to shoot several times.

Then a 2 will appear (bottom left). Do the same thing, then 3 will appear. Then same thing with 4 .
Then, a G will appear (top right). Shoot it.

Then you will see that one of the yellow circle on the island (a base) is partially blackened. You will need to shoot it with a round missile (torpedoes hit the island and therefore cannot harm the base).
There is a time limit to shoot the base, so don't lose too much time. If you don't do it fast enough, you will start to 1 again.
After you destroy the base, you will get a nice message.

Then you start again with 1... The base you have destroyed remains destroyed so I guess you have to do all that 3 times.
Too boring for me to continue.
And I have the feeling that each time you will have more numbers to destroy before getting G (ie first time 1234G, second time 12345G or worse ...).

I am counting on you to make a video of the full playthrough now that you know what to do

Numerix: Detailed instructions are on the second page of the readme on the Options/title screen.

I advise you disable the timer (hourglass on the Options screen).
Select a board (1 2 3 4) and start.

On the board you will see some numbers. When you place a piece above some numbers you will score the sum of all the numbers the piece covers.

The first piece must be placed so that a part of it covers the number in the center. Then the next pieces must touch at least one part of a previously place piece (a bit like some games of domino).

The pieces you have available are on the corresponding column (PL1 for you). Left click on a piece to select it. Left click again to rotate. Right click to put it in place.

There is a part of the board that is of a different colour than the area around the center. You need to accumulate a score of 75 before being able to place pieces on that part of the board.
This is a bit unfair IMO because that part has the higher numbers. So usually the player which reaches 75 faster will get access to areas which help him increase his advance.

After a while, no new pieces will be provided. Then the game will end and the winner is the one with the highest score.

Could be fun played with a human, but the CPU is a bit too rigorous to have fun playing (and I have the feeling he gets better pieces ).

Last edited by lilalurl; 12 January 2012 at 01:59.
Old 12 January 2012, 01:50   #498
s2325
Zone Friend

Thank you for information.Could you record a movie while playing?
Old 12 January 2012, 09:39   #499
lilalurl
Global Moderator

At s2325's a gameplay video of Obliteratives.
[ Show youtube player ]

Btw, I had not noticed the first time, but you can select a level to play on at the main screen.
Above the main options (one player etc...) it says something like "play on screen:1 Press +/-."

Therefore by pressing the numpad + or - you can change the number of the level you will play on when you select "one player".

Obvious when you know where to pay attention, but I would have expected either a level select sub-menu or an option among the others with level selection by pressing left/right on the joystick.
Old 12 January 2012, 18:58   #500
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Nuke'r'us:
It is a Risk clone (with more options). I suppose that besides the "normal" troops, tanks here, you can after a while use nuclear missiles.
The game is quite well done so perhaps one day I will invest more time to find how a full game session works.

I'll be supposing you have already played Risk. If not, you can read about it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risk_%28game%29
and I suggest playing it a bit (you can probably find Flash versions or errrmmmm extended shareware versions on the Net). It is quite fun so that won't be wasted time.

There are a lot of options that I don't know the purpose of right now. I suppose I could investigate but somebody with high interest for this kind of game would probably be better suited.

A quick guide on how to play similarly to a game of Risk (I tried to put the cursor near the corresponding options on each screenshot).

First on the main screen click on standard game (std game). It will populate the 5 squares in the center.
These squares represent the players. So Human means it will be a human player. The squares without human will be played by CPU. I think there are 3 CPU level the easy (green question mark), the medium (orange/yellow) and difficult (red).
Just click on an icon of the corresponding category and then on the corresponding player square to replace a player.

For instance, I replaced the 2nd human player by an easy CPU.

To start a game, click on the return arrow.

Troops will be placed at random and then you have 5 troops to place at will (like in Risk).

After that, you enter the attack/move phase.
If you want to attack a country, first left click on it. A red triangle will appear on the target.
Then right click on the country/countries you control. Each right click will take one troop of the selected country to the attack stack (left click will remove one unit from the stack). Then left click again on the target country to launch the attack.

Another attack example. And the result.

When you can no longer do anything or don't want to do anything, click on the return arrow to end your turn.

After the enemies' turn, you begin a free placement phase again. After that a new turn begins.

As I has no more troops to use in the last turn I did not show the move phase. So here it is.
Beware first, because if you quit the attack phase for the move phase, you cannot come back to the attack phase. You can only end the turn then.

So once you have done your attacks or don't want to do any, click on the "movement icon" (middle icon on the bottom right row, just above the return arrow).
Left click on an ally territory to set it as the target. Right click on the allied countries you want to send a unit from. Left click on the target to confirm the moves.

I think there are rules explained in German in KurzAnleitung.DOC. At least that is what I suppose since there is a part called Der Spiel (the game).

Jeopard: is also a Risk clone.
If you need to enter a number or letter and the screen flashes, be sure to click in the box it should be typed in. Sometimes focus get out of it (don't know why). Also when clicking on a territory, I had the feeling that clicking on the rectangle of the territory worked whereas clicking anywhere else on the territory did not work.

Tumbling Tots:
The original Game & Watch game is called Fire:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_%2..._Watch%29#Fire
You control the firemen with Numpad 4 and 6 (therefore if you use Winuae don't use these keys for joystick emulation)

Lords of Hosts is a weird take on Chess.

You can find instructions on the disk. It is a .doc file and you need to enable View/All Files to see it IIRC.
You have a king and 7 "knights" (nothing to do with chess knights). You win either by checkmating the enemy king or by taking 6 enemy knights.
The original part is that if you want to place a piece, you need to move it the exact number of board squares that is indicated on the piece. So for instance if it has 3 on it, you need to move it 3 squares. On the path of these moves, you can make one (and only one) 90° turn. Ofc, you can't go back and forth.
The number on the piece changes after it has been moved. So next turn, you will have a different degree of movement.

A bit too random to my liking but played against a human it could be funny if you have to play a game with a bit of randomness and with less thinking than chess.

Nuclear Reaction:

I experimented a bit to find that, but I think I have come to understand the rules.
The goal is to have only "crosses" (atoms I suppose) of your colour, after the first turn ofc.
You can place an atom everywhere on the board, except ofc if there is already one or more enemy atoms in the square.
If you add an atom into a square were you already have an atom it will be added to that square

Under certain conditions I will list after, the atoms contained in a square will explode and scatter in the surroundings squares.
When doing this, they will leave the square they were originally in empty.

The conditions are the following. A square will explode when there is inside the same number of atoms as there are squares surrounding the said square.
In other words:
- A square in a corner will explode when there are 2 atoms.
- A square near a border (and excepted the corner square) will explode when it contains 3 atoms.
- Other squares will explode when they have 4 atoms inside.

When an atom from an exploded square reaches another square:
- if there are enemy atoms, it will transform those in atoms of your colour
- if there are other atoms of your colour or the square is empty, it will add one atom to each square the explosion reaches
- if because of the added atom the square reaches a critical condition (listed above) it will trigger the square explosion.

Therefore, with the last point you can trigger chain reactions.

I think that is a game that could very well please people who enjoy games like Reversi/Othello because of this chain reaction system, especially when played human vs human. Because of this, you have to pay close attention to the state of every squares and you can sometimes turn a situation where you seem to lose into a winning situation.

A game can be over very quickly.

For instance, you can produce this situation very quickly (by playing human vs human).
If green places an atom into the square the cursor points at, the square will reach its critical mass (3 since it is a border square. The explosion reaches the 3 squares with red atoms and therefore changes these into green atoms. Victory for green.

Pays du monde:
I confirm that it is an edutainment title.

You can either double click on a part of the world map. Then you will play on that part try to place countries in the given list into their correct geographic location.

Or you can double click on one of the bottom item of the title screen. You will then try to match each country of the given list with its corresponding statistics.
For example, the country with more than 1'000'000'000 inhabitants should be matched with China.

You will hear a different voice sample depending on whether your answer is correct or not. It sounds very much like a parent would speak to a child learning something, so I have the feeling the game was probably written by a father for his child and later he decided to make it public.

Quote:
Jeopard (strategy):
Quote:
Tumble Tots (arcade game known from early LCD handhelds - catch bouncing babies, I don't know how to control firemen):
Quote:
Lords of Hosts/Lord of Hosts (board game, no sound)
Quote:
Nuclear Reaction:

[...]
Nukes 'R' Us
Quote:
Pays Du Monde