English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 21 June 2019, 17:05   #1
qupe

Update configurations from game database?

Is there a way to save a game setting on FSUAE that I may change? or is creating my own config the only way?

For example Powder is set to run on an A600 but I have it smoother on an A1200.
Assassin: Special Edition is the same.
Old 21 June 2019, 23:24   #2
qupe

Another example is Advantage Tennis runs on the 1200 but has 8mb Fast Ram ticked. This makes the game way too fast to play.
Old 22 June 2019, 00:29   #3
thevoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by qupe View Post
Another example is Advantage Tennis runs on the 1200 but has 8mb Fast Ram ticked. This makes the game way too fast to play.

just because amiga's fast mem is called fast mem does not mean it makes games run fast.
but i agree the game runs fast. if you had checked the game with the launcher and set amiga model to a600 you would have realized the now 18 years old whdload slave REQUIRES a 68020 cpu to run. so the only model the launcher can preselect is a1200 as it simply wont start on a 68000 cpu model.

so a good idea would be to file a bug report about that issue on the whdload mantis bugtracker and eventually someone over there will adress this problem.
Old 22 June 2019, 00:32   #4
thevoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by qupe View Post
Is there a way to save a game setting on FSUAE that I may change? or is creating my own config the only way?

For example Powder is set to run on an A600 but I have it smoother on an A1200.
Assassin: Special Edition is the same.

you can always change the amiga model before starting a title inside the launcher if you want to test out things. but as i have written over at openretro.org. i can't see any more smooth gameplay in both titles you mentioned jonestly. given both were developed to run out of the box on an amiga 500.
Old 22 June 2019, 14:33   #5
qupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevoice View Post
you can always change the amiga model before starting a title inside the launcher if you want to test out things. but as i have written over at openretro.org. i can't see any more smooth gameplay in both titles you mentioned jonestly. given both were developed to run out of the box on an amiga 500.
International Tennis when I turn off the Fast Ram greatly reduces the speed and makes it playable. I didn't think that Fast Ram made the game, or games, run faster

As for the other games, if they are made A1200 compatible then surely the majority should be running off an A1200 machine?

I know I can change it to work before using but I'm running this via Launchbox so just wondered if there was an option to save an edited config with out creating a whole new config. I guess I'll make my own for some games

Thank you for confirming though.