English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 02 April 2018, 19:15   #21
Kola

Great. Thanks for everything. Ill update you when it arrives. Thanks too all who contributed
Old 04 April 2018, 07:07   #22
powrslave
A1200

I am using a microsoft usb mouse with

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-New-MKI...-/121413700949
Old 04 April 2018, 18:06   #23
Kola

Hi guys, GOt the trackball and it works much better. Mind it still suffers from me peointing to something and it not quite hitting the mark. And not quite hitting ther mark means it misses when clicked whats annoying. Definatly an improovment though.
Old 05 April 2018, 03:18   #24
powrslave
A1200

Try out a new pointer
http://aminet.net/search?query=point...=date&ord=DESC

http://aminet.net/package/pix/icon/CufPointers
Old 06 April 2018, 08:52   #25
Kola

Hi Mate,

Are they just a new grapihc to go over the old one? Or do they change the motion of it? I ask as I am starting to think more and more its a software problem. This new mouse is behaving flawlessly, yet if I go near any button it grinds to a halt like the Amiga is trying to slow me down so I can hit the button better. Its awful though.

If it stopped you on the middle of the button then great but it stops you a few pixels under it so theres acctually nothing to cliock without compensating for this.
Old 06 April 2018, 11:07   #26
ajk

Are you experiencing this with all programs? The mouse should move the same way all the time regardless of if you are near a button or not.

Is this a Workbench 3.1 system you are using? What are your input preferences like? There are three mouse speed settings plus an option for acceleration, you could try different combinations of those.

Old 06 April 2018, 11:43   #27
Kola

Thanks, ill look into that. I must say, the speed and everything is fine. It just seems to try and help me out by stopping just under any buttons. This would be great if it stopped dead centre but its always a pixel under so you then have to force the mouse upwards and fight against this to click it. Annoying.

Ill look into these things. Thanks fellas
Old 06 April 2018, 12:03   #28
ajk

In what program(s) though? Nothing like that is part of the standard user interface behavior.
Old 06 April 2018, 17:29   #29
Nightshft

I bought the Tom Rev2 Adapter on ebay from electronica4u. With about 30 euros its not cheap but works with PS2 and even USB mice. It even works fine with my wireless mouse. I'd buy it again or build an arduino adapter if I could find the time... Note that if you want to use the Tom2 with the A600 you have to use some little extension cord or remove the housing of the Adapter in order to fit it there.
Old 06 April 2018, 17:42   #30
Kola

Octamed mate. Thats the only program I use. But I think its like that on WOrkbench too dispelling the thought it may be octamed. Ill have to check and get back to you.

Its very odd, its like computer is trying to pick buttons pout for me. So, if i smoothly move the mouse from top to bottom or attempt too the on screen pointed will smoothly role down the screen but then stop under a button (or over whereever it hits first) then as I keep moving it jumps and inch or two back to where if should have been.

Nightshift. I may look into that. Gonna try a few things here first buit thank you.
Old 06 April 2018, 18:43   #31
ajk

That does sound pretty bizarre. If it's not too much trouble, maybe you could record a short video of this happening. I haven't used Octamed in years but I don't remember any such behavior...
Old 06 April 2018, 21:17   #32
Kola

hmmmm, not sure how Id do that but I could try.

I have a Nokia phone of 20 years ago. My daughter has an ipad but is 10 so not got acces to internet and such openly. Its how I get video of her ipad and onto my laptop to upload to the forum

Ill try and work something out.
Old 07 April 2018, 17:21   #33
Kola

Im starting to think this may be the PEST controller thingy im using designed for the ST.

Im not so sure it is stopping at buttons now. More sporatically does that. I may have to buy another Amiga to PS/2 thingy
Old 07 April 2018, 17:34   #34
demolition
Unregistered User

I found that some of those converters are not stable if the supply voltage drops too much. Sporatic voltage drops will cause the microcontroller inside to reset which makes it unresponsive for a second or so until it is running again. Perhaps this is what you are seeing.

If you are able to measure the voltage on the mouse port, it should be >4.75V and preferable a bit higher (>4.9V is very good). While the voltage may be 5V at the PSU, it can easily drop by 0.2-0.3V by the time it reaches the mouse due to resistances in the cable, connectors, PCB traces etc.