English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Green Amiga Alien GUIDES

Old 14 June 2018, 09:44   #1241
towo2099

He can't do that, because it would violating rights of a 3rd party.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 14 June 2018, 13:54   #1242
SnkBitten
Amithlon Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog320 View Post
Will bernie ever release the sourcecode to amithlon?
Very doubtful as it's a mix of his and other's property. I'm not sure how useful it would be without the rest of the source.

I'd love to see him release his Umilator source though (Amithlon v.2), that was all his.
Old 14 June 2018, 13:55   #1243
SnkBitten
Amithlon Fanatic

In other news.....

For those using the Matrox G550 PCIe card we may have some good news. We've patched Amithlon to remove the 4MB video ram limit on Matrox cards. We've had 1600x1200 @ 32bit color working on a test machine with the Matrox G550 PCIe and availp96 reporting the card as 16MB.
More testing needs to be done, and be aware that the 4 MB limit was put in place because back then Matrox cards had issues with the framebuffer in linux crossing over the 4 MB boundary. This was Amithlon following with what linux was doing and forcing a limit of available ram. There may be some graphical issues/errors that happen with the limit removed.
Once more testing is completed we will hopefully be able to release a patch utility to use. More details as they develop.
Old 14 June 2018, 17:58   #1244
jdog320
I dunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnkBitten View Post
Very doubtful as it's a mix of his and other's property. I'm not sure how useful it would be without the rest of the source.

I'd love to see him release his Umilator source though (Amithlon v.2), that was all his.
Did you try to ask him in one of your threads?
Old 14 June 2018, 19:00   #1245
SnkBitten
Amithlon Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog320 View Post
Did you try to ask him in one of your threads?
No, I'd asked him stuff directly through PMs with no response, and most of his thread posting are more directly related to things people either state incorrectly about Amithlon or technical reasons why things were done the way they were.

I'd rather see him occasionally add to the thread than to annoy him away. My friend assisting me with deconstructing Amithlon has reached out as well with direct technical info/questions, also with no response.
Old 19 June 2018, 14:47   #1246
SnkBitten
Amithlon Fanatic

Definitely doing more testing. This is not compatible with kernel 4 so we are looking to see if there are more incompatibilities created from kernel 4, as this works with Bernie's "new_emubox.gz" and Gary's "kern310" kernels.

Would be so awesome if we could find Gary's 3.10 kernel source code as all we have is the 3.00_test source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnkBitten View Post
In other news.....

For those using the Matrox G550 PCIe card we may have some good news. We've patched Amithlon to remove the 4MB video ram limit on Matrox cards. We've had 1600x1200 @ 32bit color working on a test machine with the Matrox G550 PCIe and availp96 reporting the card as 16MB.
More testing needs to be done, and be aware that the 4 MB limit was put in place because back then Matrox cards had issues with the framebuffer in linux crossing over the 4 MB boundary. This was Amithlon following with what linux was doing and forcing a limit of available ram. There may be some graphical issues/errors that happen with the limit removed.
Once more testing is completed we will hopefully be able to release a patch utility to use. More details as they develop.
AdSense AdSense