English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 08 March 2016, 14:41   #161
AMIGASYSTEM

Perfect ! Now if possible also a nice AROS version

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 08 December 2016 at 00:51.
Old 08 March 2016, 20:38   #162
AMIGASYSTEM

Did a little test with AmiModRadio of OS4.1 e IcarOS Desktop, AmiModRadio It has quietly started in both OS,but it failed to pick up the Mod from Aminet

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 17 March 2016 at 09:54.
Old 08 March 2016, 20:45   #163
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

For OS4 it looks like you haven't setted a mod player for it in the user-startup. Try opening one and then open AMR to see if it works.
Old 08 March 2016, 23:48   #164
AMIGASYSTEM

You know, OS4 and AROS default Mod, Med, Xm etc. They are associated with Multiview but this can not be performed because there is no datatypes that supports these formats. But I do not think there is only this problem, the archives of the modules are not taken from Aminet.
Old 09 March 2016, 01:37   #165
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi there!

Ah, cool : I didn't know that Multiview could also play modules... I will check if I can add it to AmiModRadio (if it has an ARexx port)... Will keep you posted!

Cheers!
Old 09 March 2016, 10:19   #166
AMIGASYSTEM

But I do not understand why the forms on Multiview play perfectly on AfA also drag-and-drop, and yet they do not play on AmiKit, OS4 and AROS. Tried to copy Datatypes and Multiview AfA OS on AmiKit with negative results.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 17 March 2016 at 09:54.
Old 11 March 2016, 02:05   #167
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I really think tygre that if you can't get a complete window as background coding it -and I think you can't-, then the best is just to leave it up to the user to select his MUI prefs and just let him make it as he likes.

Anyhow it's great that you don't settle for what other people make and you try to search your own way, that's what great innovative people always try.

BTW I am in contact now with one of the best artist rendering things and it seems he likes to make/give a couple of new marvellous skins for your program.

Last edited by Retrofan; 11 March 2016 at 02:20.
Old 11 March 2016, 12:15   #168
attila06
Zone Friend

Hi,
I would like to use this wonderful Amimodradio, but i m not strong enough with Arexx !
Could you please give some examples with Hippoplayer or others.
Thanks a lot for the newbie i am.
Old 11 March 2016, 14:48   #169
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi attila06!

No ARexx coding required with AmiModRadio it does it for you! All you need is to have one of the supported player (like HippoPlyer) accessible in the Shell path. The simplest is to edit your S:User-Startup and add the line:

Code:
Path <Some volume and directory(ies)>/HippoPlayer
and AmiModRadio should be able to launch HippoPlayer when needed...

Cheers!
Old 11 March 2016, 14:50   #170
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi Retrofan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Anyhow it's great that you don't settle for what other people make and you try to search your own way
Yes, I will try If for no better reasons, just to learn more about MUI and, also, because I don't believe that I cannot do programmatically something that the user can do manually : we are dealing with software afterall!

Quote:
BTW I am in contact now with one of the best artist rendering things and it seems he likes to make/give a couple of new marvellous skins for your program.
Great keep us posted!
Cheers!
Old 14 March 2016, 02:03   #171
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
But I do not understand why the forms on Multiview play perfectly on AfA also drag-and-drop, and yet they do not play on AmiKit, OS4 and AROS. Tried to copy Datatypes and Multiview AfA OS on AmiKit with negative results.
That's not just AfA, it's my AfAWB! (I should have posted an update for it by now, but I've had some stability problems. The system I use myself is almost identical and that works fine )

The datatype you want is ProtrackerDT.

http://aminet.net/package/util/dtype/ProtrackerDT

Quote:
Don't worry, James mate. There is still something that you can do: To find a better set of the small icons it uses on the right.

I tried to find them but I couldn't, they didn't look right.
At least some of those small buttons look they should use standard MUI images...??

Click image for larger version

Name:	MUI Preferences_Images.png
Views:	173
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	47867
Old 14 March 2016, 02:22   #172
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
At least some of those small buttons look they should use standard MUI images...??
Yes, I think they should, but the ones it uses are included in the AMR program, and I couldn't change them with other images -looking right-. If you can change them that would be great.

Last edited by Retrofan; 14 March 2016 at 02:35.
Old 14 March 2016, 14:08   #173
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
That's not just AfA, it's my AfAWB! (I should have posted an update for it by now, but I've had some stability problems. The system I use myself is almost identical and that works fine )

The datatype you want is ProtrackerDT.

http://aminet.net/package/util/dtype/ProtrackerDT
Thank you James for the info, i hope he continues to develop AfA OS, in my opinion the best ever seen in OS3 Amiga scene, [ Show youtube player ] is my configuration, it is not very different from the original, i just replaced the 040_060 Libs with THESE to make compatible AfA OS with 68060 and updated or added some new application.
Old 15 March 2016, 01:42   #174
James

Quote:
Yes, I think they should, but the ones it uses are included in the AMR program, and I couldn't change them with other images -looking right-. If you can change them that would be great.
I'll take a look, but not sure I can do any better...

Quote:
Thank you James for the info, i hope he continues to develop AfA OS, in my opinion the best ever seen in OS3 Amiga scene
Yes, it runs very well on WinUAE, but it lacks support for a few things, such as datatype saving. It would be great to see these features added and any bugs fixed. Sadly it looks unlikely at the moment.

Quote:
[ Show youtube player ] is my configuration, it is not very different from the original, i just replaced the 040_060 Libs with THESE to make compatible AfA OS with 68060 and updated or added some new application.
I also installed the 040 versions of FFplay/FFMpeg, so you might want to replace them with the 060 versions too, if you haven't already.

http://aminet.net/package/gfx/conv/f...it7df9937-m68k

There was almost certainly a few other things, but I can't remember offhand.
This is getting off topic here so I'll post in the "Workbench for WinUAE" thread if I remember anything else...
Old 15 March 2016, 02:20   #175
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
I'll take a look, but not sure I can do any better...

Yes, it runs very well on WinUAE, but it lacks support for a few things, such as datatype saving. It would be great to see these features added and any bugs fixed. Sadly it looks unlikely at the moment.
Important to arrive on time and that the project is not abandoned. Currently, the only annoying problem that I see on my configuration are small white dots that are created when you move the icons with the mouse, This happens less on screen but more in the icons placed in the windows (see screenshot).

Quote:
I also installed the 040 versions of FFplay/FFMpeg, so you might want to replace them with the 060 versions too, if you haven't already.
Already done

Quote:
There was almost certainly a few other things, but I can't remember offhand.
This is getting off topic here so I'll post in the "Workbench for WinUAE" thread if I remember anything else...
Ok

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 05 October 2016 at 20:08.
Old 16 March 2016, 17:48   #176
James

AISS small button replacements with white background, look best with "Retrofan Red" theme, I think. (Or the the nice MUI4 gradient backgound I had in the older version.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	AmiModRadio_000.png
Views:	172
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	47894

AmiModRadioImagesAndIcon.lha

Also included my DualPNG version of the AmiModRadio drawer.
Old 16 March 2016, 20:07   #177
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks a lot James (you're the best) for those nice Aiss images and also for the improved drawer icon -please @tygre replace the Ken's drawer icon with his-.

It's hard to configure your best MUI configuration with the latest AMR version as it uses its own background that doesn't use all of the window.

Edit: There is a question that interests me: Will the background load faster from code or from the MUI prefs, or will it be the same?

I want AMR to start ASAP. If it takes the same time -surely- and it takes too long to start then I would prefer no predefined background at all. It isn't the same to try AMR on WinUAE with a fast PC and fast config than to run it for real in a not so fast Amiga without RTG.

Surely a "loading" bar -e.g. AmigaAMP uses it- could do the job and then you can wait a bit more for it to start -in fact we are loading some prefs and "skin" just the same way-. Yes, if you try it on WinUAE it loads instantly, but it takes some seconds to start in the real thing, so I think it should be included in any case.

Take it as a new suggestion @tygre

Last edited by Retrofan; 17 March 2016 at 03:43.
Old 17 March 2016, 09:51   #178
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi James and Retrofan!

Thanks a lot for the artwork and the suggestion... I am traveling in Japan right now (anyone with an Amiga living there?) but will sure do when I come back!

Cheers!
Old 17 March 2016, 09:54   #179
AMIGASYSTEM

Thanks James, GUI AmiModRadio Images started to be more and more beautiful, yesterday I had fun creating two skins White

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 05 October 2016 at 20:07.
Old 05 April 2016, 16:28   #180
TenLeftFingers

I still can't get this working after adding HiP to the PATH. My machine just gurus. What are the system requirements?