English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 07 July 2023, 00:06   #1
Inner200k

State Restore Black Screen

This is a bit complicated to understand so I'll try to recreate the steps I made to create this situation;

Normal Boot
  1. -- Boot
  2. -- S:Startup-Sequence
  3. -- S:User-Startup
  4. -- WBStartup folder and it's content is started
  5. -- inside WBStartup I have a program I wrote called "User-WBStartup" a small program that executes a script, much like S:Startup-Sequence or S:User-Startup, that I can control the sequence of commands that are executed and in which order, shown below;

Fig.1
S:User-WBStartup
Code:
Run >NIL: SYS:Bin/fsuae-hostrun "wmctrl -a 'FS-UAE · Amiga 4000' -b add,below"
Run >NIL: SYS:Bin/fsuae-setscreensaver 1
I wrote a program to save state in slot 1; "fsuae-savestate 1" and inserted it into S:User-WBStartup;

Fig.2
S:User-WBStartup (STATE SAVE)
Code:
fsuae-savestate 1
Run >NIL: SYS:Bin/fsuae-hostrun "wmctrl -a 'FS-UAE · Amiga 4000' -b add,below"
Run >NIL: SYS:Bin/fsuae-setscreensaver 1
once the state was saved I remove the line "fsuae-savestate 1" resulting in Fig.1

The Result

1. using ./fs-uae --load_state=1 /home/inner/Documents/FS-UAE/Configurations/AmigaDev.fs-uae -- results in a black screen which appears to have hung the emulation, so it's broken?

2. if I boot normally "./fs-uae /home/inner/Documents/FS-UAE/Configurations/AmigaDev.fs-uae" and then use the menu system or a program I've written to fsuae-loadstate 1 from a shell; the restore state from slot 1 works perfectly fine.

-- The question is why do I get a blank screen?