English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 10 April 2018, 07:06   #61
Omolungo

Sadly my card is not working properly

Once connected to pc with usb cable it is not recognised by scsi2sd-util tool, the program search for it but does not find it, so I cannot do anything, not upgrade firmware/bootloader nor read the SD content.

I opened a ticket on Amigakit, hope they can help me.
Old 10 April 2018, 18:27   #62
Etze
A3000-Fan

Did you try different cables?
Old 10 April 2018, 21:46   #63
Omolungo

No, I have only this one.

I also thought to a bad cable, but I had no reason to think that it's no good.
It's new, and it's a normal micro-usb to usb cable.

Do I need a particular cable?

Once connected to pc the card's led has a light and quick flash, then another one "full" and after that nothing.

And the scsi2sd-util tool still continue to search for the card, while I saw from youtube videos that it should be immediately detected and recognized.
Old 12 April 2018, 23:00   #64
Omolungo

OK, I got the card recognised using another cable

I installed the new bootloader with nowait and now my CDTV has no more problems in booting and reading the SD

The only (big) problem persisting is that files contained in my second parttion (3GB of size) cannot be read correctly other if partition has PFS/03 file system.

I prepared partion under winuae and with HDToolbox they are seen as UAE-IDE Drive Type USB SD Reader .07.

If I define a new HD I can select the codersc SCSC2SD 1.0 drive: do I have to choose this one and formatting again my SD, starting to re-install system and all the godies?
This will take some time and I have to do it under Winuae...

Can CDTV scsi.device read correctly partitions bigger than 1GB using the PSF/03 file system?
Old 13 April 2018, 07:22   #65
rave
Amiga's made me who I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omolungo View Post
OK, I got the card recognised using another cable

I installed the new bootloader with nowait and now my CDTV has no more problems in booting and reading the SD

The only (big) problem persisting is that files contained in my second parttion (3GB of size) cannot be read correctly other if partition has PFS/03 file system.

I prepared partion under winuae and with HDToolbox they are seen as UAE-IDE Drive Type USB SD Reader .07.

If I define a new HD I can select the codersc SCSC2SD 1.0 drive: do I have to choose this one and formatting again my SD, starting to re-install system and all the godies?
This will take some time and I have to do it under Winuae...

Can CDTV scsi.device read correctly partitions bigger than 1GB using the PSF/03 file system?
I think the cdtv has a 1gb hard limit, and Im not sure pfs can resolve it, I checked my cdtv and I have a 1gb partition.
Someone else may know more than me about it though.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
Old 13 April 2018, 08:32   #66
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Yes, if direct SCSI variant of PFS3 or pfs3aio. (and it is drive size limit, nothing to do with partitions)
Old 13 April 2018, 20:30   #67
Omolungo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Yes, if direct SCSI variant of PFS3 or pfs3aio. (and it is drive size limit, nothing to do with partitions)
Hi Toni, I used pfs3aio when prepared my SD, but under WinUae I set as configuration an A600 with ide interface (that was probably my mistake).

Can you please suggest me the right configuration to replace my real CDTV with WinUae?

I have this SCSI card in my CDTV:
https://www.ebay.it/itm/Commodore-Am...sAAOSwbsBXp0WI

and naturally this SCSI2SD card reader:
https://amigakit.amiga.store/catalog...oducts_id=1264

Naturally I have Kickstart 3.1 in CDTV and extended roms 2.7
Old 13 April 2018, 21:51   #68
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

What do you mean "can't be read correctly"?
What is the size of card?
Use of other device driver should not cause any problems, unless driver has other limits..

Does the card work when mounted in UAE controller? (If not, it is almost guaranteed there is something wrong partitioning, in this case enable logging and attach winuaelog.txt, it includes full partition table information)
Old 13 April 2018, 23:50   #69
Omolungo

Size of the card i 4GB, I made first 1GB partition and second of 3GB.

SD used under Winuae was working fine, then I put in CDTV and as already written in a previous post the partitions on MicroSD (prepared with WinUAE) are correctly detected by CDTV and I have no read errors, but when I try to load some games or demos on whdload the .info file is not detected so they cannot start.

If I go into the folder of the game I cannot see the file (also if I select "view all files") while if I use Dopus4 I can see correctly the .info file inside the folder.

Also in folders of games preinstalled with Winuae in the 3GB the executive file of the games is not correctly detected, and if I try to run ambermoon i.e. I have
the following message: file is not executable.
Ambermoon failed returncode 10.

Maybe something got wrong in the system partition... I'll try to test back the SD with WinUae, maybe I have some instruction corrupted in ClassiWB
Old 14 April 2018, 00:02   #70
Omolungo

Some pictures taken from HDToolBox running on my CDTV
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2709.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	510.8 KB
ID:	57830   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2708.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	498.6 KB
ID:	57831   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2707.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	507.5 KB
ID:	57832   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2706.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	340.6 KB
ID:	57833  
Old 14 April 2018, 19:18   #71
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

It sounds like you have wrong/bad protection flags (and nothing to do with partitioning), at least missing E flag. How did you copy them?
Old 15 April 2018, 15:34   #72
Omolungo

As I always did when prepared my CF: simply coping (under WinUAE) the content of one folder from pc partition to Amiga partition to be prepared.

Not using Dopus (slower) but drag'n drop the folder in the icon of partition of destination (Fun in this case).
Under WinUAE all was working fine, not in the CDTV.

I have to test the microSD back in my pc under WinUAE, but after I moved house I cannot find anymore the adapter for microSD

What do you mean with "missing E flag"? How can implement it?
Old 15 April 2018, 22:52   #73
kolla
Banned

Quote:
What do you mean with "missing E flag"? How can implement it?
http://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/AmigaOS...erence#PROTECT
Old 17 April 2018, 07:15   #74
Omolungo

Thank you Kolla for the link.

So can I try to restore the flag E in the executable files in my partition Fun using the following command?

PROTECT Fun:#? e SUB

But using this command I'd change the status of all files contained in my folders. It would be a problem?

I imagine I have to restore only the info and slave file of my WHDLoad collection or the executable file of my installed games

Anyway finally I found my microSD adapter so I can check I have same issue under WinUAE
Old 19 April 2018, 21:35   #75
Omolungo

Finally I had the chance to put back my microSD into usb adapter and tried it again under WinUAE: here all is working perfectly.

Tried an emulated A600 system and A3000 system with no issue.
Cannot emulate a CDTV system since I do not have extended rom 2.30 or 2.70 with which I can use kickstart 3.1 and ClassicWB 68k.

Anyway th SD is working fine under WinUAE, so it's not a problem of system, partition nor wrong/bad protection flags.

What could be the issue due to in my real machine?

Extended roms? Kickstart? SCSI adapter? 8MB expansion memory?
Old 19 April 2018, 21:45   #76
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Use C:List to confirm that non-working files' protection flags are identical when using emulation and real CDTV.
Old 19 April 2018, 22:45   #77
Omolungo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Use C:List to confirm that non-working files' protection flags are identical when using emulation and real CDTV.
I have the same result on CDTV and WinUAE using the command c:list from shell:

23 files - 23 directories - 91 blocks used

Again on CDTV I cannot see the Ambermoon icon (game installed) and it is not addressed as executable file, while under WinUAE I can correcly see icons and start the game double-clicking on it
Old 19 April 2018, 22:52   #78
Omolungo

Just read this from here about extended roms of CDTV supplied by Cloanto:

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php...ight=cdtv+roms

This ROM image is compatible with Kickstart 2.04 (and later). It was released as a mask ROM with part number 391298-01 and date code 9238 for use in the A570 CD peripheral, which allowed the Amiga 500 to act like a CDTV.

Common features of CDTV and A570 extended ROMs:

All CDTV "extended" roms are more or less identical, the only difference is the included module versions.
CDTV "extended" ROMs are a bit special (compared to CD32), they take over the boot phase (has $1111 identifier + jump address at the beginning which KS ROM checks very early and if $1111 is detected, it jumps to this ROM).
CDTV ROMs also have updated exec.library (34.1001) which replaces the one in the main ROM. This is the reason for CDTV 1.0 ROM KS 2.0+ incompatibility: exec is replaced with older version, also it seems to include utility.library which is normally KS 2.0+ only.
Differences between this 2.30 version and the previous 2.7 version:

cdtv.device updated from 35.12 to 35.14
bookmark.device updated from 6.6 to 6.7
cdstrap updated from 9.7 to 9.17
kludges 37.11 added (compatibility patches to address issued affecting known titles)
A690 ID added (no code, just an "identity" resident)

Maybo I need updated extended rom from Cloanto?

In my CDTV I have the older 2.7 extended roms

Last edited by Omolungo; 19 April 2018 at 22:58.
Old 22 April 2018, 12:54   #79
hawkeye
Amiga!!!!!

With some help we managed to get SCSI2SD v6 working with a 1 GB SDCARD on an A2000 with KS2.04. I tried to get the SCSI2SD working via USB on my WinUAE with a 32 GB SD Card but I couldn't get the drive being recognized. How to add the USB SCSI2SD in WinUAE? Would like this to easily copy items from PC HDD to SCSI2SD Amiga hdd.