English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 13 September 2020, 22:18   #21
rygar
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 309
maybe you can also print list to the file?
rygar is offline  
Old 14 September 2020, 15:25   #22
ElectroBlaster
Junior Member
ElectroBlaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Age: 46
Posts: 1,570
Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by rygar View Post
maybe you can also print list to the file?
Do you mean printing from the program?

If so, I tried that from within Winuae and managed to do it! but it will only print each disk your a looking at. I worked up to 100 and had a break, looked at what I was producing. So you end up with loads of seperate files, the next issue is they are not pure text so maybe I am doing this wrong? it is just an image best I can describe it. I cannot edit, cut or paste anything.

It seems this PD company went to a bit of trouble making this catalogue disk, almost like protecting it? Other pd outfits appear to not have done this.

At the end of the day NBS pretty much just sent out the same stuff every other pd place did with the exception of a bunch of disks available nowhere else.
ElectroBlaster is offline  
Old 15 September 2020, 00:55   #23
scuzz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New Forest
Posts: 163
The Magazine disk that you are trying to crack is a PDSOFT disk.


NBS were merged into UPD along with Blittersoft, START and Vally. Vally did all the work in merging the catalogues.


The four CDs of the merged catalogue including NBS are available on line. I have explained all this and advised accordingly. I did quite a lot of work to establish all of this but obviously not worthy of a thank you.


Have fun. I have the four CDs all set up and was running on the Amiga 4000/040 tonight. The files are in dms format and can be created from an AmigaGuide link in each drawer. I have all the adverts for NBS for the 1.5 years they existed and so can create a pretty accurate listing across Shopper/AUI/Format/Computing amd CU. The disks appear in the UPD anyway so not a problem.



Anyway... this was my reply for what it was worth.


https://www.scuzzscink.com/amiga/scu...ber20_1401.htm


scuzz
scuzz is offline  
Old 15 September 2020, 10:37   #24
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer
Minuous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canberra/Australia
Posts: 2,158
What's this on your blog about "the legality of issuing disks"? They are PD!
Minuous is offline  
Old 15 September 2020, 12:45   #25
ElectroBlaster
Junior Member
ElectroBlaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Age: 46
Posts: 1,570
Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
The four CDs of the merged catalogue including NBS are available on line. I have explained all this and advised accordingly. I did quite a lot of work to establish all of this but obviously not worthy of a thank you.
Well if I have done something wrong then... I hope I have not? I only emailed you once and was signposted back here.

I was made aware about your blog and that you had imaged a small bunch of disks. Somebody suggested I contact you via email, asked if you had them available to download! That shows you are visible and out there being noticed.

The blog update on NBS is brilliant and I thank you for going to the trouble

EDIT: Also I know a great deal of these disks are on the cd's etc! it is the obscure stuff that appears to not be present! I have a bunch all starting with an X code. I snagged them off ebay quite a few years ago. They were in poor condition and I have made attempts to save them without errors. I will list them on here in a bit.

Last edited by ElectroBlaster; 15 September 2020 at 14:43.
ElectroBlaster is offline  
Old 15 September 2020, 17:57   #26
rygar
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
The Magazine disk that you are trying to crack is a PDSOFT disk.


NBS were merged into UPD along with Blittersoft, START and Vally. Vally did all the work in merging the catalogues.


The four CDs of the merged catalogue including NBS are available on line. I have explained all this and advised accordingly. I did quite a lot of work to establish all of this but obviously not worthy of a thank you.


Have fun. I have the four CDs all set up and was running on the Amiga 4000/040 tonight. The files are in dms format and can be created from an AmigaGuide link in each drawer. I have all the adverts for NBS for the 1.5 years they existed and so can create a pretty accurate listing across Shopper/AUI/Format/Computing amd CU. The disks appear in the UPD anyway so not a problem.



Anyway... this was my reply for what it was worth.


https://www.scuzzscink.com/amiga/scu...ber20_1401.htm


scuzz

It seems my idea for asking you was very good. Thank you a lot for full explanation
ElectroBalster Quest is over

If somone need it i downloaded UPD (United Public Domain) disc 1-4 and reuploaded here:
https://mega.nz/file/mk1hkRSa#5hoDqi...M6n48KrMLP8oAQ

Last edited by rygar; 15 September 2020 at 20:08.
rygar is offline  
Old 17 September 2020, 19:55   #27
ghosty777
Registered User

ghosty777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 74
re: NBS

United Public Domain Library has only part of the collection; There's plenty of NBS exclusives not in that collection. I've long lost the ones I had however. In fact, the only exclusives I remember now are Megaton Man (I think it was x rated? But it was pretty mild) & some Young Ones / Comic Strip Presents music disks (Though I guess they could have been acquired by other PD libraries afterwards)

I used to receive regular hard-copy catalogues from NBS back in the day. Don't remember the cat-disk recently posted here though..

For what it's worth..

Edit: I've just noticed IOWtheme posted a pic that showed the discs he had were the UPD discs, lol. So he never had the entire collection after all.
Edit: Sorry for a thousand edits; I was struggling to remember things correctly. I'm finally happy with this post now

Last edited by ghosty777; 17 September 2020 at 21:11.
ghosty777 is offline  
Old 18 September 2020, 02:41   #28
ElectroBlaster
Junior Member
ElectroBlaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Age: 46
Posts: 1,570
Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosty777 View Post
United Public Domain Library has only part of the collection; There's plenty of NBS exclusives not in that collection. I've long lost the ones I had however. In fact, the only exclusives I remember now are Megaton Man (I think it was x rated? But it was pretty mild) & some Young Ones / Comic Strip Presents music disks (Though I guess they could have been acquired by other PD libraries afterwards)

I used to receive regular hard-copy catalogues from NBS back in the day. Don't remember the cat-disk recently posted here though..

For what it's worth..

Edit: I've just noticed IOWtheme posted a pic that showed the discs he had were the UPD discs, lol. So he never had the entire collection after all.
Edit: Sorry for a thousand edits; I was struggling to remember things correctly. I'm finally happy with this post now
Thanks for posting! I have so little time these days it is why I have had faffing around with all this NBS pd stuff.

Yes those United Public Domain CD's are nothing more than a 4 x CD shovelware set, where NBS stuff was included. It is far from complete but better than nothing! IOWtheme claimed to have a pair of Hard Drives that contained a true backup of NBS stuff, not some cd that was cobbled together and bits missed out.

I not only have the UPD Gold original, but the iso's from a couple sources including the Internet Archive and on there it clearly states there are many disks missing from this set!

Ontop of that! I have a bunch of original NBS disks and they all appear to be rare, I am struggling to find any of them anywhere else. Only thing is they are all of adult nature so I think thats why they are not included! I have been repairing errors, or at least trying to and lack of time is a problem at the moment.

There is an Adult section on this forum I will post the list of what I have got.
Then sort out uploading the adfs.
ElectroBlaster is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time-Rift NBS Licenceware silkworm request.Old Rare Games 12 22 December 2017 15:18
NBS Public Domain Catalogue ghosty777 request.Other 0 04 November 2016 19:37
I have 200+ NBS (Newport Business Supplies) PD Disks. ElectroBlaster Amiga scene 6 03 December 2014 02:09
Lookin for NBS pd stuff...... ElectroBlaster request.Old Rare Games 12 03 July 2014 17:29
NBS Disk Images / Catalogues Scans saruwatarikaito request.Other 0 23 September 2007 17:39

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.08683 seconds with 16 queries