English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Collections

Old 13 September 2019, 07:52   #341
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarre View Post
This releases where added to janeway yesterday......
...yeah, they are late!
mentioned disks are from the first batch, not recently dumped!

Last edited by mai; 13 September 2019 at 15:39.
Old 13 September 2019, 19:13   #342
jarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
...yeah, they are late!
mentioned disks are from the first batch, not recently dumped!
I can say one thing here, close the thread, and open a new one when there is an actual release upcoming, till then this thread has zero percent of news, so to protect the innosence, close and delete this silly thread....
Old 14 September 2019, 01:32   #343
zodiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero View Post
nice to see people knowing exactly whats in this collection. for your info...
there are games. unreleased(amiga an atariST), from the company i have worked for, also source codes from different games/tools. so much about alternate versions. greetings
I’ll believe it when I see it. Maybe in another 3 years then. Thanks!
Old 14 September 2019, 01:43   #344
zodiac

Quote:
I can say one thing here, close the thread, and open a new one when there is an actual release upcoming, till then this thread has zero percent of news, so to protect the innosence, close and delete this silly thread....
I agree, there are a lot of passionate people here. So of course they are excited to see something that was hyped up from the start. Be done with this until there is something realistic to report on.

Just presume it is a dead project like APOV Issue 5. If there was anything worthwhile, it would have been released already.
Old 14 September 2019, 03:28   #345
redblade
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by modrobert View Post
Leechers never change, entitled to everything.
Haha, the amount of stuff I've leached of eab, amr, planetemu.net is a lot. I've uploaded very little, maybe some new zealand demoes, or compilation disks.

Quote:
there are games. unreleased(amiga an atariST), from the company i have worked for, also source codes from different games/tools. so much about alternate versions. greetings
That source code sounds interesting even for the Atari ST. Would there be source code for a game was developed for both machines? I would like to see how they split the source between the two platforms. I'm guessing it would just be disk i/o, joystick in, graphics out and sound would be the main differences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
Probably too much bad comments ?

I guess project is not more available for eab community

I really hope i am wrong
Theses things take time. Also they are working on other projects (whdload).
Old 14 September 2019, 09:44   #346
LongLifeA1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiac View Post
To be fair, Agilent’s profile does state that he is a grumpy old man.
Not much of an excuse.

Quote:
I can say one thing here, close the thread, and open a new one when there is an actual release upcoming...
Why should the GM's have to do that? What kind of message does that send, hmm?

The conditions of this release has to be respected.

Quote:
I agree, there are a lot of passionate people here. So of course they are excited to see something that was hyped up from the start. Be done with this until there is something realistic to report on.

Just presume it is a dead project like APOV Issue 5. If there was anything worthwhile, it would have been released already.
The rest of us are willing to wait and see.
Old 14 September 2019, 11:11   #347
modrobert
old bearded fool

Quote:
Looking forward to the collection release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblade View Post
Quote:
Leechers never change, entitled to everything.
Haha, the amount of stuff I've leached of eab, amr, planetemu.net is a lot. I've uploaded very little, maybe some new zealand demoes, or compilation disks.
Yes, was trying to be funny, most of us are leechers these days.

BTW: Even back in the day of dial-up /X boards with active message bases and snowflake SysOps I never witnessed this level of censorship, have to read half the discussion in quoted comments, is this really necessary?
Old 14 September 2019, 12:30   #348
LongLifeA1200

Quote:
have to read half the discussion in quoted comments, is this really necessary?
Some posts were removed by their original authors. Besides, what does reading quotes of self-removed posts say about the supposed censorship you want to complain about?
Old 14 September 2019, 13:00   #349
modrobert
old bearded fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLifeA1200 View Post
Some posts were removed by their original authors. Besides, what does reading quotes of self-removed posts say about the supposed censorship you want to complain about?

It tells me I should always quote when replying, and it also makes me question the ability to remove own posts. Stand up for your written words, regret can easily be mitigated by apologising in another post.
Old 14 September 2019, 13:18   #350
NLS
Ancient User

This thread has no point any more, except if moved to some other section and let it be...
Old 14 September 2019, 14:31   #351
LongLifeA1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS View Post
This thread has no point any more, except if moved to some other section and let it be...
Or the same members that continually spam this thread can choose not to anymore.

Quote:
I have to agree with mai. "Have patience" and months and YEARS are passing, is not exactly asking to have patience. It is asking to live long enough.

I mean come on, if the disks cannot be released, maybe someone else should get them and do it?

Note that nobody is BLAMING anybody for having "Real Life" (TM). It is perfectly understandable. We all do. I have two kids (and one being 11 and the other being 3, two completely different phases, believe me I have TWO different kinds of problems all the time - plus everything else, work issues etc.).
But if someone sees that he cannot help the community, may very well accept it and just "pass the torch".
Ain't that fair?
Quote:
Like give the disks to someone that can take the time to do it?
(no disrespect to G of course - but well... Homo Sapiens has a limited lifespan)
Quote:
Sorry I think we missed the point here.
So the important thing is if this thread goes "fine"?
This is a thread about some disks that started 3.5 YEARS ago.

Things started escalating after some point of really no action.
I fully disapprove personal attacks and hate speech.

The thread "going fine" is for those disks to finally be saved and released hopefully.
And then the thread will have no point to go on.

Before that point in time, if it ever comes, the thread exists (else please give me another reason), for the people involved to actually tell us of any progress made or if for some reason there is no progress, or ask for help or say that they give up (which is perfectly OK, we all have RL going on, and hopefully make sure the disks reach hands that can make progress).

So people asking for any info (when almost none is given) in THREE AND A HALF YEARS, is not "insulting", it is justified ...because IIRC the escalation started exactly from this.
It didn't reach personal attacks immediately. It escalated from attacking people that asked if there is any progress.
Because we seem to forget how and why this started (as us "plain members" see, except of course if there are other reasons not seen in public forum).
It was made clear from the onset that "Phill" was to have the first look at the collection (out of respect to "Phil") and be entrusted to keep confidential anything that needed to stay confidential. It was also made clear that this was to be not-negotiable.
Old 14 September 2019, 14:57   #352
NLS
Ancient User

Wow, so you have now proven that I spam the thread?
Was this the best you could do with 18 pages? Do try harder.

BTW, you are spamming the thread too.

Get off my back, nobody appointed you lawyer of anybody, nor your posts have more (or less) value than anybody else's.

Actual on-topic content in these 18 pages is minimal btw (including my posts of course), proving my point above.

This is my last post in the thread, so feel free to play it mr. Wise Guy.
Old 14 September 2019, 15:43   #353
mai

Quote:

It was made clear from the onset that "Phill" was to have the first look at the collection (out of respect to "Phil") and be entrusted to keep confidential anything that needed to stay confidential. It was also made clear that this was to be not-negotiable.

For this statement to remain valid, he should never publish quarterback discs again, as done in the past.
At some point, any set is complete.
Then everyone can see some supposed secrets.
Old 14 September 2019, 16:00   #354
LongLifeA1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
For this statement to remain valid, he should never publish quarterback discs again, as done in the past.
At some point, any set is complete.
Then everyone can see some supposed secrets.
It's their call, not ours. Wouldn't have bothered sending all those through the post if it wasn't intended to be shared. Doubtful there's anything not-for-public in the QB backups. The sets are jumbled and contain errors so others were given the blessing to restore them if they could. I don't see a problem here.
Old 14 September 2019, 19:47   #355
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Quote:

No need to close the thread; again...

...instead; all you impatient people need to chill out and actually be patient

Galahad has already told everyone that he's been going through a tough time; that's probably one of the reasons for delay. End of discussion as far as I'm concerned; or for any other decent person.

Now we just wait.

Sure, you can ask for status updates every now and then but; anything else like slagging off the people bringing this to the Amiga community in their free time is totally unacceptable.

Quote:
Not much of an excuse.

Why should the GM's have to do that? What kind of message does that send, hmm?

The conditions of this release has to be respected.

The rest of us are willing to wait and see.
Well said my man
Old 14 September 2019, 23:04   #356
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

so.....

You could check out the zone if you like, or, keep on bitching.

P.s. thanks to the kind words of some, and I fart in the general direction of the naysayers
Old 15 September 2019, 00:10   #357
jarre

41 disks in 3 years out of thousends disks....better got my mouth closed right now.....
Old 15 September 2019, 00:15   #358
DamienD
Banned

Jesus jarre... that's what you think's cool to say?

What about: "Thank you and really sorry to hear that you're going through hard times"!!!

Talk about ungrateful

...but keep up with your smartarse comments guys; because that exactly what would inspire me to bring this collection to the community...

For f£$k sake; some of the members here that have been posting negative rubbish in this thread. You really need to take a long hard look at yourselves.

Last edited by DamienD; 15 September 2019 at 00:23.
Old 15 September 2019, 00:23   #359
jarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Jesus jarre... that's what you think is cool to say?

Talk about ungrateful
Be real, 41 disks in 3 years is about 1 disks each months, i imaged over 100 disks this evening, and TMB will image about 1000 in a weekend, so keep protecting whoever you want, but in real life imaging 1 disks a month!!! But from now on i keep my mouth shut, to not make this thread even more useless then it is now......
Old 15 September 2019, 00:26   #360
lesta_smsc

Maybe the shared disks are just a taster of what is available. Who knows whether Everything has already been imaged and they're just going over content as highlighted before.

Let's be optimist and not pessimist. 41 NEW disks to the Amiga!