English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 22 January 2020, 10:58   #21
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
Oh man, just one posting and so much fake news. Here again, we have a case of someone whom I never met or talked to; someone who has no idea who I am or what I do, and who still posts wild guesses and wrong claims about me to the world.

By stating that I can´t take criticism or that I use EAB only to advertise my games, or even that I would not contribute, you are just so wrong it´s unbelievable. In fact it´s the EAB which brought together a team that developed the art, music and partial code for Reshoot, RESHOOT R and now RESHOOT PROXIMA 3. It´s the EAB where I find inspiration, try to inspire, keep people updated and give them insights into the development process. By not knowing this, you show a severe lack of knowledge about EAB and all EAB-members involved in the production of mentioned games.

Wrong is also the assumption that I had asked anyone to defend me or post this; a claim you put up in another thread. Maybe you talk to me next time, before posting such bullshit. Act like a grown-up!
While it is appreciated you came here abd assembled a team from here, it's all about you and your products? Or am i missing something. You came HERE looking for help and you got it.. Then you use eab to only promote your game. Yes that is great, but you then link to your patreon for something so trivial.. You can't have everything. If you post here, run a development thread for your games, then i am sorry, accept and appropriately deal with criticism without feeling threatened..
Old 22 January 2020, 11:00   #22
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Can we just calm down, everybody... ?
Old 22 January 2020, 11:08   #23
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707 View Post
Can we just calm down, everybody... ?
Love to. EAB used to be a great forum for exchange of thoughts on several topics including - sorry - my own games. Now EAB seems just broken to me, so much so that several EAB members call me up and ask what the hell is going on here.

I am so tired of it.
Old 22 January 2020, 11:10   #24
manossg

Please, let's calm down, we are all grown people here, this is just lame.
Old 22 January 2020, 11:22   #25
apex

My post came up after an internal discussion with our own mods and after reading the thread. I was not send by Richard! Maybe it was not a good idea, maybe some people will reflect about their behavior, who knows...
Old 22 January 2020, 13:08   #26
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by apex View Post
My post came up after an internal discussion with our own mods and after reading the thread. I was not send by Richard! Maybe it was not a good idea, maybe some people will reflect about their behavior, who knows...
"hey, there's trouble brewing at t'EAB boards, lad"

"Yup. We needs to sort them there EAB mods out, tha needs to go and have a word. Can't be avin' mods on another forum behavin' 'owever they want."

"on it."
Old 22 January 2020, 13:17   #27
AMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Sorry, but I had to reply to this thread...and I need to be quite blunt here

So apex or AMike; do you really think that I, or any other people in the moderation team here on EAB really care about your opinion?

Oh, just because you're the admin / moderator of "a1k.org", you think this holds some weight here or anywhere else for that matter?

Do I care what an Amiga group on "Fakebook" thinks? Absolutely not!!!

Do you see me or any other EAB Admin / Moderators getting involved in your forum, or negative discussions that apparently occur there quite often? Nope!!!

I'll quote a post from Retro-Nerd; a long standing German Amiga member here, and probably on your forum also; in this exact thread mind you:

You seem to have beef as people here have been honest and open; quite frankly, that's your issue... what do you propose people do, just sweep it under the carpet and accept?

Please look after / get your own playground in order before you start throwing stones at others
I have the impression that you have significantly changed this posting today - is that so? There was a different text yesterday.
Old 22 January 2020, 13:49   #28
trixster
Guru Meditating

Is it possible to block threads so they don’t appear in “Today’s Posts”.....?
Old 22 January 2020, 13:49   #29
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMike View Post
I have the impression that you have significantly changed this posting today - is that so? There was a different text yesterday.
Not that I need to explain myself or my edits but...

No, not all. You can clearly see the times... I originally made the post at 1:13am... and made a few slight changes by 1:40am after thinking some more / re-reading i.e. quoted Retro-Nerd's post and added the 2 sentences after that.

I don't see what this has to do with anything, or the point you're trying to make?
Old 22 January 2020, 13:51   #30
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Don't think so. According to the timestamps, "Created 03:13am, Edited 03:40am" (jetlag here in CH)

Edit: see Damien post right now
Old 22 January 2020, 14:09   #31
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

A couple of salient points here:

1). This thread is off to a bad start the instant it aired out in public a grievance that could have been kept private until resolved.

2). This thread then opted to highlight that grievance with the thumbs down icon just to highlight the issue further

3). It is quite easy if you can't figure out how to contact a mod, to have put a much less divisive thread baiting topic/content by simply making a thread saying "Can a moderator please contact me by PM to discuss something."
That, would have been the logical and RESPECTFUL thing to do, (whilst we're talking about respect).

4). The presumption that discussions/problems on another Amiga board need this kind of "intervention" is odd. People on this board don't go wading into problems on other boards and get involved.

5). Richard HAS to accept criticism, the good and the bad. I get bad criticism often, its water off a ducks back to me. So long as its constructed with the fair intention to tell me something, i'm all good with that. If its rude criticism, they get a cheery "fuck off" from me, and anyone reading it would usually agree with that sentiment.

6). Richard isn't the only one that has to accept criticism, anyone on this board should be expected to receive it, same rule applies, if its done in the spirit of bringing attention to something with a view to a resolution, then everyone wins.

7). This thread with its skewed setup, was NEVER going to achieve a harmonious resolution, in fact, its kinda just extended a thread that was closed.

So, the takeaway from all of this is thus:

People on here accept that Richard and anyone else can charge whatever the hell they like for a boxed version of their games, the relative expense of putting the package together kinda demands it.

People on here have also expressed their opinions and pointed out that the digital download price varies quite considerably in comparison to the boxed version, and they would be happy to contribute/buy a digital version that they felt was competitively priced against other digital downloads.

Richard doesn't need to accept that, and again, can charge what he likes for the digital download of his games, but the fact is, the market will ultimately decide, not Richard.

Discussions can sometimes get robust and forthright, we're adults, we take on board the criticism or we take our ball in and don't play anymore.

I think this thread needs to be locked, its continuing a subject EVERYONE has spoken up on, Richard now knows peoples opinions on digital download pricing, its up to him if he wants to do anything about it

Peace, and love and all that fluffy stuff, but can this subject just retire now?
Old 22 January 2020, 14:15   #32
AMike

Quote:

I don't see what this has to do with anything, or the point you're trying to make?
I couldn't remember this part exactly and had a different context in mind.

Quote:
So apex or AMike; do you really think that I, or any other people in the moderation team here on EAB really care about your opinion?

Oh, just because you're the admin / moderator of "a1k.org", you think this holds some weight here or anywhere else for that matter?

Do I care what an Amiga group on "Fakebook" thinks? Absolutely not!!!

Do you see me or any other EAB Admin / Moderators getting involved in your forum, or negative discussions that apparently occur there quite often? Nope!!!

and would have found it strange after my posting.

Quote:
It's not my business to talk your behavior or rules in general, eab is your playfield and your rules count. I expressed my opinion in the other thread and what you do with that is also up to you.
Which is still valid! I have been registered here for 13 years - how often have I given advice how to run EAB?

Quote:
I expressed my opinion in the other thread and what you do with that is also up to you.
Old 22 January 2020, 14:31   #33
ross
Defendit numerus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
-- cut --

If I was able to write decently in English I would have written the same things
Old 22 January 2020, 15:07   #34
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

@Galahad :
Old 22 January 2020, 15:35   #35
Dunny

Quote:
Which is still valid! I have been registered here for 13 years - how often have I given advice how to run EAB?
And yes, that's precisely what the a1k mods are proposing to do.

"The mods at EAB are participating in threads and voicing their opinions. We don't like that here at a1k, so we need to go and tell them to stop it"

Can you really not see the problem here?
Old 22 January 2020, 15:37   #36
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post

1). This thread is off to a bad start the instant it aired out in public a grievance that could have been kept private until resolved.

2). This thread then opted to highlight that grievance with the thumbs down icon just to highlight the issue further

3). It is quite easy if you can't figure out how to contact a mod, to have put a much less divisive thread baiting topic/content by simply making a thread saying "Can a moderator please contact me by PM to discuss something."
That, would have been the logical and RESPECTFUL thing to do, (whilst we're talking about respect).

4). The presumption that discussions/problems on another Amiga board need this kind of "intervention" is odd. People on this board don't go wading into problems on other boards and get involved.

5). Richard HAS to accept criticism, the good and the bad. I get bad criticism often, its water off a ducks back to me. So long as its constructed with the fair intention to tell me something, i'm all good with that. If its rude criticism, they get a cheery "fuck off" from me, and anyone reading it would usually agree with that sentiment.

6). Richard isn't the only one that has to accept criticism, anyone on this board should be expected to receive it, same rule applies, if its done in the spirit of bringing attention to something with a view to a resolution, then everyone wins.

7). This thread with its skewed setup, was NEVER going to achieve a harmonious resolution, in fact, its kinda just extended a thread that was closed.

So, the takeaway from all of this is thus:

People on here accept that Richard and anyone else can charge whatever the hell they like for a boxed version of their games, the relative expense of putting the package together kinda demands it.

People on here have also expressed their opinions and pointed out that the digital download price varies quite considerably in comparison to the boxed version, and they would be happy to contribute/buy a digital version that they felt was competitively priced against other digital downloads.

Richard doesn't need to accept that, and again, can charge what he likes for the digital download of his games, but the fact is, the market will ultimately decide, not Richard.

Discussions can sometimes get robust and forthright, we're adults, we take on board the criticism or we take our ball in and don't play anymore.

I think this thread needs to be locked, its continuing a subject EVERYONE has spoken up on, Richard now knows peoples opinions on digital download pricing, its up to him if he wants to do anything about it

Peace, and love and all that fluffy stuff, but can this subject just retire now?
Thank you for your wise words. May I add these comments:
  • A wise developer will never decide about pricing on his own. He will discuss such topics with all involved parties and especially the community. This is true for my games too. This may be of interest for future discussions.

• All EAB members should stick to EAB rules, and never should they troll games or individuals.

• Mods should stick to the original meaning of the verb "moderate", which is the rejection of radical or extreme views.
Old 22 January 2020, 15:45   #37
BippyM
Global Moderator

Some valid points made here.

@buzzybee. The mods do moderate, but at the same time we are just as entitled as then next person to have an opinion and feelings on different things. After all we are just as passionate about Amiga as the next person. Where we do get involved so deeply, we don't moderate, we let the non-participating mods moderate to keep the balance fair. We will not use our mod position to influence, edit, moderate etc as that would be wrong and immoral.

I am closing this thread now. There is to be no further heated discussions about this now in public. If anyone feels the need please send any GM or RCK a private message, we will be more than happy to discuss in private. Let's just put a line under all of this now.

Thanks everyone