English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 21 January 2020, 10:44   #1
apex

Thumbs down eab responsible contact - Teamleader moderation

Hello,
you may know me, I am the responsible maintainer and founder of a1k.org.
Who is the responsible admin or team leader / speaker for eab? A guy to who I can write from admin to admin.

The reason why I am asking is the eab moderation. The complains and frustration already reached other forums, communities and also Facebook, sadly. I know how hard it is to get a good team, but we are no gods and it seems some of the moderators here are too much involved in daily discussions.
Old 21 January 2020, 10:56   #2
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by apex View Post
Hello,

you may know me, I am the responsible maintainer and founder of a1k.org.

Who is the responsible admin or team leader / speaker for eab? A guy to who I can write from admin to admin.

The reason why I am asking is the eab moderation. The complains and frustration already reached other forums, communities and also Facebook, sadly. I know how hard it is to get a good team, but we are no gods and it seems some of the moderators here are too much involved in daily discussions.
You want to contact RCK.
Old 21 January 2020, 11:02   #3
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

You can click on the "Community / Moderator Lists"

Edit: only see now BippyM post.
Old 21 January 2020, 19:25   #4
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

After all the Amiga drama and bullshit talking on A1k.org over the past decade there are people complaining about involved EAB mods in some threads? This just made my day.
Old 21 January 2020, 20:35   #5
ross
Defendit numerus

I usually don't follow other Amiga forums or Facebook groups, and it's possible that other users of this board don't also.
There is a thumbs-down icon, so it's definitely not good things, I'm just curious about what's going on.
Old 21 January 2020, 20:39   #6
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

I guess it's about the Proxima III and overpriced Amiga games dissussion threads.
Old 21 January 2020, 20:42   #7
ross
Defendit numerus

Thanks, I've missed the thread, now I take a look
Old 21 January 2020, 21:10   #8
Dunny

Quote:
it seems some of the moderators here are too much involved in daily discussions.
I'm failing to see evidence of a crime here.
Old 21 January 2020, 21:26   #9
BippyM
Global Moderator

It seems moderators shouldn't get involved.. Maybe our role is to just be law and order..

What a pile of shite!
Old 21 January 2020, 21:27   #10
trixster
Guru Meditating

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
Thanks, I've missed the thread, now I take a look
I wouldn’t bother
Old 21 January 2020, 21:29   #11
BippyM
Global Moderator

Right. This thread serves no purpose. Let's move on
Old 22 January 2020, 02:13   #12
DamienD
Banned

Sorry, but I had to reply to this thread...and I need to be quite blunt here

So apex or AMike; do you really think that I, or any other people in the moderation team here on EAB really care about your opinion?

Oh, just because you're the admin / moderator of "a1k.org", you think this holds some weight here or anywhere else for that matter?

Do I care what an Amiga group on "Fakebook" thinks? Absolutely not!!!

Do you see me or any other EAB Admin / Moderators getting involved in your forum, or negative discussions that apparently occur there quite often? Nope!!!

I'll quote a post from Retro-Nerd; a long standing German Amiga member here, and probably on your forum also; in this exact thread mind you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
After all the Amiga drama and bullshit talking on A1k.org over the past decade there are people complaining about involved EAB mods in some threads? This just made my day.
You seem to have beef as people here have been honest and open; quite frankly, that's your issue... what do you propose people do, just sweep it under the carpet and accept?

Please look after / get your own playground in order before you start throwing stones at others

Last edited by DamienD; 22 January 2020 at 02:40.
Old 22 January 2020, 02:50   #13
DamienD
Banned

It's not really fair that this thread was closed; everyone is free on EAB to express their opinion on whatever they want; even if I or others disagree with the posts / replies...

I've now reopened so that you; apex / AMike / or indeed anybody else can reply / comment if you feel necessary.
Old 22 January 2020, 07:22   #14
AMike

It's not my business to talk your behavior or rules in general, eab is your playfield and your rules count. I expressed my opinion in the other thread and what you do with that is also up to you.
Old 22 January 2020, 09:10   #15
Ian
Global Moderator

Does anyone care that Richard came to your forum to moan about him not getting a free ride here?

To be blunt, he doesn't contribute to this forum in anyway, other than to flog his wares.

If he doesn't like it he's welcome to leave, I certainly won't miss him advertising his games. If he cannot take criticism, constructive or otherwise, then maybe he should stick to a blog with comments disabled rather than a public forum where people can and will express their own opinions.

Maybe he actually contributes to your forum in other ways, but that is certainly not the case here.
Old 22 January 2020, 10:08   #16
apex

eab responsible contact - Teamleader moderation

No respect is the problem and a discussion culture thats is shameful.

Moderators are also users, they have their own opinion, but they should not kindle the fire. Next to this, if something is to expensive for YOU, you just have to less money. For me the prices are fair, I know Richard personally and I know the hard work behind.

Last edited by apex; 22 January 2020 at 10:31.
Old 22 January 2020, 10:26   #17
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
No respect is the problem.
Exactly.. Members from other forums coming here to tell us how to run this forum, which in all respect has been running almost 20 years, and to do so in public.

You guys are welcome to run your forum your way, let is run ours our way. If a member is using us for just advertising, then cries like a little bitch when challenged over things well... They can move out!
Old 22 January 2020, 10:38   #18
apex

BippyM: Seems you do not understand it. The time is over for any kind of forum wars. We have only ONE community and this community must work together.
eab is doing in software, a1k in hardware, only together we are strong.
Old 22 January 2020, 10:42   #19
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
BippyM: Seems you do not understand it. The time is over for any kind of forum wars. We have only ONE community and this community must work together.
eab is doing in software, a1k in hardware, only together we are strong.
I agree 100%, and as such we would have preferred you guys to contact one of us via pm. Getting a list of moderators is easy, and although myself and DamienD are vocal over the digital price, and the tactics employed by Richard, we are actually reasonable human beings and open to discussion about it.
Old 22 January 2020, 10:46   #20
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Does anyone care that Richard came to your forum to moan about him not getting a free ride here?

To be blunt, he doesn't contribute to this forum in anyway, other than to flog his wares.

If he doesn't like it he's welcome to leave, I certainly won't miss him advertising his games. If he cannot take criticism, constructive or otherwise, then maybe he should stick to a blog with comments disabled rather than a public forum where people can and will express their own opinions.

Maybe he actually contributes to your forum in other ways, but that is certainly not the case here.
Oh man, just one posting and so much fake news. Here again, we have a case of someone whom I never met or talked to; someone who has no idea who I am or what I do, and who still posts wild guesses and wrong claims about me to the world.

By stating that I can´t take criticism or that I use EAB only to advertise my games, or even that I would not contribute, you are just so wrong it´s unbelievable. In fact it´s the EAB which brought together a team that developed the art, music and partial code for Reshoot, RESHOOT R and now RESHOOT PROXIMA 3. It´s the EAB where I find inspiration, try to inspire, keep people updated and give them insights into the development process. By not knowing this, you show a severe lack of knowledge about EAB and all EAB-members involved in the production of mentioned games.

Wrong is also the assumption that I had asked anyone to defend me or post this; a claim you put up in another thread. Maybe you talk to me next time, before posting such bullshit. Act like a grown-up!