English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 17 November 2015, 11:22   #661
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
Hah, I was in discussion if I should actually reveal anything at all and we was like nope, this is a big secret
Well, we didn't want to let the genie out of the bottle too soon
Old 17 November 2015, 11:26   #662
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
oooooooooh snap
Old 17 November 2015, 17:18   #663
Amiga1992

Awesome work everyone involved!
This is the kinda good shit I want for my CD32. KEep it up!

I almost spoil the surprise too. Big ups on the extra bonus download!!! Awesome!!!
Old 17 November 2015, 19:02   #664
Gzegzolka

Awesome
Old 17 November 2015, 19:12   #665
Cobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
Hah, I was in discussion if I should actually reveal anything at all and we was like nope, this is a big secret
Quote:
I'm glad you didn't

Now, I did what I had to do
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151117_182833.png
Views:	243
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	46286  
Old 18 November 2015, 07:21   #666
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
I'm glad you didn't

Now, I did what I had to do
Neat stuff do you mind sending me the CD labels? I'll add them to the download.

Btw did you notice the Aladd.. uh, bonus intro was HAM8..? I could never get HAM8 to work with MakeXL but it works with Art Department Pro's CDXL output just fine.
Old 18 November 2015, 10:32   #667
Cobe

Salah al-Din? Yea I read you wrote "first aga cdxl" And it turned up great, colorful as I thought, less bleeding as I expected and certainly more frames than I expected which I first think it will suffer cause of using 8 bits or that window will be smaller but you balanced it just right. The next thing to do is 3D cdxl
Nice that you found the solution. MakeXL has its quirks as we know. For instance I wasn't able to make video with stereo 22050Hz audio few times I tried.

Sending you labels.
Old 18 November 2015, 12:40   #668
Gzegzolka

So why bonus game wasn't published on cd32 in first time? Or do not have unofficial WHD release? This game is great and cd32 pad controls is nice tweak.
Old 18 November 2015, 21:03   #669
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzegzolka View Post
So why bonus game wasn't published on cd32 in first time? Or do not have unofficial WHD release? This game is great and cd32 pad controls is nice tweak.
It's an AGA game so the WHDLoad version won't fit in memory. It's also a John Twiddy game so I believe that (like Cool Spot and Global Gladiators, which crash at the title screen on a real CD32) it wouldn't have worked without Psygore's fixes.

So in short, the bonus game has never appeared on the CD32 before.
Old 23 November 2015, 22:20   #670
amigapd

I ve been meaning to download some of these CDs for awhile and finally tried a few last weekend - Putty Squad - Aladdin Ruff N Tumble - 160 compliation - SWOS and Kick off disks - with all CDs the games loaded first time but now the disk drive just starts to spin - stops and repeats without loading - my original CDs still work ok.

I tried reburning the CDs at a slower speed - I use Diskjuggler - but the same thing happens - has anyone else had this? I ve used two brand of CDs - TDK and Verbatim CDs but have the same issue -
Old 23 November 2015, 23:00   #671
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigapd View Post
I ve been meaning to download some of these CDs for awhile and finally tried a few last weekend - Putty Squad - Aladdin Ruff N Tumble - 160 compliation - SWOS and Kick off disks - with all CDs the games loaded first time but now the disk drive just starts to spin - stops and repeats without loading - my original CDs still work ok.

I tried reburning the CDs at a slower speed - I use Diskjuggler - but the same thing happens - has anyone else had this? I ve used two brand of CDs - TDK and Verbatim CDs but have the same issue -
Try cleaning the laser lens with IPA.
Old 24 November 2015, 20:27   #672
s2325
Zone Friend

Quote:
October 27th by Scorpion: CD32 Compilation Volume 1
Volume 2 on YouTube [ Show youtube player ]
Old 25 November 2015, 22:38   #673
amigapd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Try cleaning the laser lens with IPA.
Thanks - I tried this but the problem still continued - I then noticed one of the three screws was lose on the metal magnet inside the lid - I tightened this and I also tightened the screws to the side of the lid - this has worked and the CD drive is a lot quieter and loads both originals and CDRs - I thought I would mentioned it on here as I was seeing lots of advice about replacing lasers on other threads and sometimes it is good to try other things before having to pay out for replacement parts or risk damaging your unit by doing minor modifications if you aren't that confident -

Fully enjoying these CDs and made me revisit some of my original CDs I had for this system - I had forgotten how many good games were released on the machine with some great extras.

It is also nice to see my PD compilation CD listed under the general compilation list of the main website for these conversions

http://unofficial-cd32-ports.blogspot.co.nz/

Such a long time ago I put that together - not sure I remember how all those tools worked but great to see new CDs still being made.
Old 25 November 2015, 22:47   #674
earok

Quote:
Fully enjoying these CDs and made me revisit some of my original CDs I had for this system - I had forgotten how many good games were released on the machine with some great extras.

It is also nice to see my PD compilation CD listed under the general compilation list of the main website for these conversions

http://unofficial-cd32-ports.blogspot.co.nz/

Such a long time ago I put that together - not sure I remember how all those tools worked but great to see new CDs still being made.
Great to hear

I'm on the verge of launching this mostly PD (except unreleased games + Atari ST conversions) collection soon, if it's any interest.

https://trello.com/b/QtPR4AuL/amiga-...ollection-2015
Old 25 November 2015, 23:03   #675
amigapd

Yes - it's nice to see "kingdoms of Steam" and "Dylan the Spaceman" on there - and I think putting a CD focussing on recent releases will raise the awareness of games which are being made and released on the Amiga - sometimes it is easy to miss some.

I know you are focussing on games from 2015 and 2014 but would you consider

Solid Gold which I think was released in 2013.

[ Show youtube player ]

I ve still to play it but it looks lots of fun.
Old 25 November 2015, 23:10   #676
earok

Quote:
Yes - it's nice to see "kingdoms of Steam" and "Dylan the Spaceman" on there - and I think putting a CD focussing on recent releases will raise the awareness of games which are being made and released on the Amiga - sometimes it is easy to miss some.

I know you are focussing on games from 2015 and 2014 but would you consider

Solid Gold which I think was released in 2013.

[ Show youtube player ]

I ve still to play it but it looks lots of fun.
Solid Gold is something I'd love to include, it was actually something I had in last year's collection but I removed it from this year's simply because the OS Flashes on WHDLoad make it unplayable on a stock CD32. It takes literal minutes to progress every time it needs to load. The source code is out there so it'd be amazing if someone updated it to be DOS loading.

My general focus is back to 2010~ ish, but with a lot of stuff that was lost and recently resurfaced (most recently "Blaze")

EDIT: Sorry, to clarify - On the trello board the 2015 and 2014 columns are the games that are included in the upcoming 2015 and previous 2014 collections respectively, it doesn't necessarily imply all of those games/demos were released that year.
Old 26 November 2015, 18:42   #677
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Can the games adapted by Psygore for CD32 be run from HD like on a basic A1200?

Last edited by Retro1234; 26 November 2015 at 19:57.
Old 27 November 2015, 05:13   #678
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
Do you mean on a CD32 with HD or on an A1200 with HD?
On an A1200 it would probably not run. But this is a guess.
I think these games are using a special loader, not just a standard filesystem, but I could be wrong.
Old 27 November 2015, 12:42   #679
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I think these games are using a special loader, not just a standard filesystem, but I could be wrong.
Yes, you can just use the Devkit simcd32. Ofcourse it does not do CDDA.
Some stuff can also be run from HDD, if setup right. Like the CD32 Games Compilation One, I have that running from a HDF, so I can play them on Android, using JOTD's CD32 button emulator.

At present, I have taken the Devkit simcd32 (which is just an iso mounter, that makes cd.device resident) and then installed Squirrel CD32 emulator which mounts cd0: via cd.device. This works great as it uses HDD for NVRAM.

Im currently playing with different mounters that mount .cue files. Would love to get CDDA running from HDD.
Old 27 November 2015, 12:57   #680
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Any HD - I've never had rnc loader games work from HD - even with SimCD32 games like Myth won't work. I'll have to check but if it doesn't I hope authors will consider it.