English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 10 July 2013, 20:10   #241
Dic_Ray

Hello Frode, the Windows version runs great, but I can't run any games on Mac OS X. Launcher or Game Center starts, but when I select a game and click to start an error occurs every time. I already cleaned my Mac OS X with Clean My Mac. Do you have a glue, where's the problem. Former versions starts normally.

Bug report on Mac OS X version:

Process: fs-uae [381]
Path: /Applications/fs-uae-suite/FS-UAE Game Center.app/Contents/Resources/FS-UAE.app/Contents/MacOS/fs-uae
Identifier: fs-uae
Version: 2.3.3 (2.3.3)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: FS-UAE Game Center [344]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2013-07-10 20:03:13.800 +0200
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.8.4 (12E55)
Report Version: 10

Interval Since Last Report: 1215 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 4
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 4
Anonymous UUID: 9B73B4CE-9DBF-291C-DEB1-D0E266C96CBD

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/fs-uae-suite/FS-UAE Game Center.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/FS-UAE.app/Contents/MacOS/fs-uae
Reason: image not found

Binary Images:
0x1000 - 0x770fff +no.fengestad.fs-uae (2.3.3 - 2.3.3) <7C0024D6-B79E-3B94-7F60-C8907981A06A> /Applications/fs-uae-suite/FS-UAE Game Center.app/Contents/Resources/FS-UAE.app/Contents/MacOS/fs-uae
0x8feb9000 - 0x8feebe57 dyld (210.2.3) <4D38DEED-9837-3202-B8E9-41272D01EA2C> /usr/lib/dyld
Old 10 July 2013, 22:21   #242
amigafreak68k

The same problem here also with Mac OS X
Old 10 July 2013, 22:28   #243
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dic_Ray View Post
Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/fs-uae-suite/FS-UAE Game Center.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/FS-UAE.app/Contents/MacOS/fs-uae
Reason: image not found
Thanks for the good bug report

Anyway, it seems my script which patches the library dependencies for FS-UAE has failed (undetected) - it works on my system of course, since I have the library installed on the system in that location.

I'll fix the problem and make new distributions for OS X!
Old 13 July 2013, 14:37   #244
amigafreak68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
I'll fix the problem and make new distributions for OS X!
Any idea when you'll upload the new packages?
Old 13 July 2013, 18:49   #245
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigafreak68k View Post
Any idea when you'll upload the new packages?
Try these updated ones, they should fix the FS-UAE library issues

http://fs-uae.net/devel/2.3.3u1/ (only updated for OS X).
Old 14 July 2013, 03:02   #246
Dic_Ray

Thank you again for your great work. Now it runs also under Mac OS X Mountain Lion. The Game Center is really beautiful.

I recognized a Change in FS-UAE Launcher. The search field now only Shows results, when a complete word is entered, before single letters or word parts were enough. Would you revert the new search mode back to that one from before? IMHO it was more practical, to only insert parts from the game names, especially when someone doesn't know the exact Name.

Frode, you are a hero. You bring the old Amiga game feeling up to a new level. It's so great to have these gaming memories on an up to date system available in an up to date graphical user interface ready to start couch gaming. If Commodore were able to produce such a suite and would have recognized, that simplicity is what customers were looking for, they could still exist.
Old 14 July 2013, 13:42   #247
amigafreak68k

Hi Frode,

in WinUAE.net there is a preview of WinUAE 2.7.0. This version will support hardware emulation for Cirrus Logic gfx cards. Does FS-UAE also support this cards after WinUAE does it?

http://www.winuae.net
Old 14 July 2013, 14:34   #248
amigafreak68k

There are some bugs in this version:

1. If I want start a CD32 database game, FS-UAE boots in the CD32 intro screen. Eject and reinsert the CD image doesn't help. The game doesn't start

2. If I try to start CD32 database games from within Game Center, I see the ROM boot screen. It seems, there is the same bug as above in addition not detecting the extended ROM
Old 14 July 2013, 15:10   #249
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Are your CD32 games zipped?
Old 14 July 2013, 18:16   #250
amigafreak68k

Yes and I should also say that I use the portable suite.
Old 14 July 2013, 18:23   #251
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Zipped CD32 games are currently recognised, but won't work. Frode knows about the problem already. For now unpack your games and it should work.
Old 14 July 2013, 19:23   #252
amigafreak68k

But only if I use the database. If I configure a configuration locally, zipped cd images work.
Old 14 July 2013, 20:52   #253
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

I have created an OAGD.net images snapshot zip which is useful for FS-UAE Launcher and FS-UAE Game Center (2.3.3 or newer). You can download the zip file with prescaled covers and screenshots here: http://oagd.net/download (when you extract it, the images then do not have to be downloaded on-demand).

Quote:
You are such a genius. Thank you so much for this extra ordinary experience these days.
You're welcome

Quote:
Perhaps could you invest some time to solve my crashs with lha archives? For the moment I seperated out all the lha files, but that's not the ideal solution. Additionaly it would be great to get game list export button to compare the offline internal database entries with the online game database entries. I miss some games, but atm can't say, which one exactly.
EAB user profo managed to find a specific .lha archive which causes a crash on Windows , so I have what I need to fix this crash!

Regarding missing games, you can now search for "have:false" in FS-UAE Launcher, but this isn't really perfect, more of a hack right now ;-) Other people have also voiced an interested in seeing what one has / doesn't have of OAGD.net variants, and I'll probably make some function for this later

Quote:
Thank you again for your great work. Now it runs also under Mac OS X Mountain Lion. The Game Center is really beautiful.
Thanks Just keep in mind that the Game Center is basically "alpha quality" right now, and also missing some features which were disabled for this initial launch, and needs some more work before those can be enabled. This includes:
  • A function to select the game variant before starting the game.
  • Browse/filter and search functions.
And regarding "beautiful", the device selection screen needs some prettifying

Quote:
I recognized a Change in FS-UAE Launcher. The search field now only Shows results, when a complete word is entered, before single letters or word parts were enough. Would you revert the new search mode back to that one from before? IMHO it was more practical, to only insert parts from the game names, especially when someone doesn't know the exact Name.
The new search function was "ported" from OAGD.net, which brings some benefits such as being able to search for additional search terms (common spelling errors), and can automatically "normalize" some common name variations (IV vs 4, '94 vs 1994, and vs 'n', and so on). But yes, the old search-as-you-type search was very convenient and nice too, so I'll probably try to change this so we can have the best of both approaches

Quote:
Hi Frode, in WinUAE.net there is a preview of WinUAE 2.7.0. This version will support hardware emulation for Cirrus Logic gfx cards. Does FS-UAE also support this cards after WinUAE does it?
The emulation code will be included in the FS-UAE source code archive when I later sync with WinUAE 2.7.0 code. Whether this will be readily available for FS-UAE use depends on how it is implemented (I haven't looked at it), but most likely, FS-UAE needs additional code to support this.

Quote:
But only if I use the database. If I configure a configuration locally, zipped cd images work.
What TCD says is correct, it won't yet work with zipped CD images due to how FS-UAE Launcher uses the online database, even if zipped CD images works with FS-UAE itself (basically, FS-UAE Launcher does not correctly configure FS-UAE for this case).

The plan is to have FS-UAE Launcher copy / extract the CD files to a temporary directory before starting FS-UAE (using information from OAGD.net). This will solve some other "problems" as well, including wrong file name case in .cue files (Linux/Unix), and even if the individual CD tracks are found in different folders / archives OAGD.net will also probably include the .cue sheets themselves so the user only needs to have the .iso / audio tracks - which removes another possible problem - users having correct data / audio tracks, but an invalid cue file.
Old 16 July 2013, 01:27   #254
lesta_smsc

It's been a long time as work has kept me busy but I miss our brief encounters on the chat hub in FS UAE! Fro-dooo where are you? Lol
Old 16 July 2013, 11:59   #255
Pyromania

Does this finally work on the i7 Macbook Air now?
Old 16 July 2013, 12:30   #256
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
It's been a long time as work has kept me busy but I miss our brief encounters on the chat hub in FS UAE! Fro-dooo where are you? Lol
You'll have better luck on #FS-UAE on irc.abime.net I think, though I haven't seen any Tolkien characters lurking there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Does this finally work on the i7 Macbook Air now?
I searched for site:eab.abime.net pyromania fs-uae, and see you posted a problem a bit over a year ago, but did not respond to request for log files.

Anyway, there's no known problems starting FS-UAE on OS X, so I suggest you try
Old 19 July 2013, 05:00   #257
bcripon

Quick question on 2.3.3u1

Frode,

Is there a way to hide the games in the online database that are not on my system? I like the "click to download" functionality in the new launcher but, for me, most of the time I simply want the list to show the games that I have on my system.

Since I am not someone who has hundreds of Amiga games loaded, I would rather not have to search for the game or browse through the other games to remember if I have "game x" or not.

Also, I am unable to run FS-UAE Game Center. It says I need to load X11. Unfortunately, it will not recognize XQuartz (the open source version of X11) that is the only X11 option allowed in 10.8. Since you compile on 10.6, as I recall, you still can have X11 on your system.

Bob C

Last edited by bcripon; 19 July 2013 at 05:02. Reason: Added information on FS-UAE Game Center
Old 19 July 2013, 09:25   #258
Dic_Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcripon View Post
Also, I am unable to run FS-UAE Game Center. It says I need to load X11. Unfortunately, it will not recognize XQuartz (the open source version of X11) that is the only X11 option allowed in 10.8. Since you compile on 10.6, as I recall, you still can have X11 on your system.
I have a fresh installed Mac OS X Mountain Lion and can run FS-UAE Game Center. Which version do you try. With 2.3.3 I couldn't start, but 2.3.3u1 works for me.

Best
Old 19 July 2013, 15:15   #259
bcripon

Quote:
I have a fresh installed Mac OS X Mountain Lion and can run FS-UAE Game Center. Which version do you try. With 2.3.3 I couldn't start, but 2.3.3u1 works for me.

Best
I downloaded the FS-UAE suite 2.3.3u1 package. I get the same X11 message when I attempt to use the "Gamepad/Joystick Setup" option in the launcher.

Bob C
Old 19 July 2013, 15:35   #260
Dic_Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcripon View Post
I downloaded the FS-UAE suite 2.3.3u1 package. I get the same X11 message when I attempt to use the "Gamepad/Joystick Setup" option in the launcher.
Ah, okay, I'll try this with my USB Competion Pro and give you feedback.

Update: It works also under Mac OS X Mountain Lion. There is only a Problem, that the FS-UAE Game Center doesn't get the Focus. So I had to use cmd+tab to switch to the right window.

Last edited by Dic_Ray; 19 July 2013 at 20:23.