English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 08 May 2009, 17:06   #1
Arroneous

Smile Newbie Introduction

Hi all,

I feel like a damn virgin coming on to this forum and being sooooo behind the times with the Amiga.

My name is Arron Hawke and I came here basically by accident... well, by actually massaging my huge.... errr.... ego. I was indeed googling a great game called 'The Eire-Raising Adventures of Seamus O'Mally' when I discovered a bloke from these fair shores called TheCyberDruid (who seems far more active on this forum than can be good for him) actually had it in his Start-up Sequence. I then looked for him and found that he resided on these pages and thus looked through the pages and found my love for the Amiga come surging back and hence here I am, totally lost and no idea what to do. OK, I know I need to get an emulator, but there endeth my knowledge.

I first got an Amiga500 back in 1988 I believe, after being conned in to buying an Atari ST at first. <shakes his head in shame> Before that I had a Commodore 64, a spectrum 128+, a rubber keyed spectrum, and a ZX81 that crashed more often than Mr. Bean in a McLaren F1. Sadly I finally converted to the dark side and bought a PC in '97 and there I stayed. That said, the height of my computing life was the fabulous A500 and to this day I still class it as the best computer ever. For it's time, there is no better.

That's it really. Feel free to e-mail me, oh and yes Seamus was my work. 3 years in the making for that. Hahaha. This still represents the most creative thing I have ever done and it's all thanks to the Amiga!

Arron

Old 08 May 2009, 17:28   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Hi Arron and welcome to EAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arroneous View Post
I was indeed googling a great game called 'The Eire-Raising Adventures of Seamus O'Mally' when I discovered a bloke from these fair shores called TheCyberDruid (who seems far more active on this forum than can be good for him) actually had it in his Start-up Sequence. I then looked for him and found that he resided on these pages and thus looked through the pages and found my love for the Amiga come surging back and hence here I am, totally lost and no idea what to do.
Erm, well...
Nice to see you around and glad that is was my work to remind you of the good ol' times (or something like that ). I quite like your game and it's nice to meet you I hope you enjoy your stay
Old 08 May 2009, 17:35   #3
DH
Global Moderator

Yes, welcome to EAB

TheCyberDruid aka TCD He's everywhere and he lives on EAB

Edit: btw. EAB without TCD is like a broken pencil, pointless

Edit2: What operating system are you running on your peecee?

Edit3: If it's XP then use WinUAE http://www.winuae.net/ (Sites down at the moment). You can get it from the Zone here on EAB. To access the zone follow these simple instructions http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=vb_...ezone_faq_item then look for 'WinUAE1530.zip' from TCD

Last edited by DH; 08 May 2009 at 18:20.
Old 08 May 2009, 18:30   #4
gklinger
Vegetable Lasagna

Nice to have you with us.
Old 09 May 2009, 19:51   #5
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
welcome & ribbits 2 you from me
Old 09 May 2009, 20:08   #6
Sensi
Unregistered User

Welcome Arron, good to meet another Speccy user (and virgin).