English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 22 June 2018, 16:40   #1
sousourn1823
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Montceau les mines / France
Posts: 20
Coin-op on Amiga

HI,

i'm new to this forum, so i hope this thread is posted in the right place.

I'm collecting original Amiga games, mostly Coin op adaptions. I've made a list using several sites and i'd like to know if i have forgotten some.

1943 : The Battle Of Midway

Action Fighter
After Burner (Sega)
After Burner (Activision)
Alien Storm
Alien Syndrome
Altered Beast
APB (All Points Bulletin)
Arkanoid
Arkanoid : Revenge Of Doh
Atomic Robo-Kid

BadLands
Beast Busters
Big Run
Bionic Commando
Black Tiger
Blades of Steel
Blasteroids
Blockout
Bomb Jack
Bonanza Bros
Bubble Bobble
Buggy Boy

Cabal
Chase H.Q.
Chase H.Q. II: Special Criminal Investigation
Cisco Heat
Commando
Continental Circus
Crack Down
Cyberball

Double Dragon
Double Dragon II : The Revenge
Double Dragon III : The Rosetta Stone
Double Dribble
Dragon Breed
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Spirit
Dragon's Lair
Dragon's Lair : Escape From Singe's Castle
Dragon's Lair II : Time Warp
Dragon's Lair III : The Curse Of Mordread
Dynamite Düx
Dynasty Wars

Electronic Pool
Escape From The Planet Of The Robot Monsters
ESWAT : Cyber Police
European Championship 1992
European Football Champ
Exterminator

Fighting Soccer
Final Blow
Final Fight
Fire & Forget II
Flying Shark
Forgotten Worlds

G-LOC R360
Galaxy Force II
Gauntlet II
Gemini Wing
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Ghouls 'N' Ghosts
Golden Axe

Hard Drivin'
Hot Rod
Hydra

Ikari Warriors
Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom
Indy Heat
Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's Super Off Road

Joe & Mac : Caveman Ninja

Klax

Last Duel : Inter Planet War 2012
LED Storm
Line Of Fire

Marble Madness
Mega Twins
Mercs
Midnight Resistance
Mighty BombJack
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat II
Mr Do! run run
Mr Heli

NARC
New Zealand Story
Ninja Spirit
Ninja Warriors

Operation Thunderbolt
Operation Wolf
Out Run

P47 Thunderbolt
Pac-Land
Pac-Mania
Pang
Paperboy
Passing Shot
Pit Fighter
Plotting
Power Drift
Primal Rage
Puzznic

Qix : The "Computer Virus" Game

R-Type
R-Type 2
Race Drivin'
Rainbow Islands
Rambo III
Rampage
Rampart
Real Ghostbusters
Renegade
Road Blasters
Robocop
Rod-Land
Rolling Thunder

Scramble Spirits
SDI : Strategic Defense Initiative
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Warriors
Shinobi
Side Arms : Hyper Dyne
Silkworm
Skull & Crossbones
Sly Spy : Secret Agent
Smash T.V.
Soldier Of Light (Xain'd Sleena)
Sonic Boom
Space Ace
Space Gun
Space Harrier
ST Dragon
Star Wars
Star Wars : The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars : Return of the Jedi
Street Fighter
Street Fighter II : The World Warrior
Strider
S.T.U.N Runner
Super C
Super Hang-On
Super Monaco GP
Super Space Invaders
Super Street Fighter II : The New Challengers
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Super Wonder Boy

T2 : The Arcade Game
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles : The Coin Op!
Thunder Blade
Thunder Jaws
Tiger Road
Time Scanner
Time Soldier
Toki
Toobin'
Total Carnage
Tournament Golf
Turbo Out Run

U.N. Squadron

Victory Road : The Pathway To Fear
Vigilante
Vindicators
Volfied

World Championship Soccer

Xenophobe
Xybots

update : this post is only for coin op adapted on Amiga and commercialy released
No fan made, or atari st/c64 reverse engineered games or Amiga arcade machines (Arcadia) .

Last edited by sousourn1823; 15 July 2018 at 23:03. Reason: updated the list
sousourn1823 is offline  
Old 22 June 2018, 16:52   #2
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 12,113
Hey there sousourn1823,

Welcome to EAB

From a very quick scan of your list; I can't think of anything missing ATM...

Edit: actually, there are these 4 games but they are not official releases:

... Bomb Jack Beer Edition [Fan made]
... Gauntlet [Atari St port]
... Joust [Atari St port]
... Super Sprint [Atari St port]

Probably worth taking a look at this thread: Ports / Conversions --> Amiga

Last edited by DamienD; 22 June 2018 at 17:02.
DamienD is offline  
Old 22 June 2018, 16:54   #3
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Shatterhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Rio de Janeiro / Brazil
Age: 35
Posts: 2,956
Xenon wasn't an arcade port. The arcade game was actually an Amiga computer inside an arcade cabinet. Pretty sure it's the same case with Sidewinder , Roadwars, Magic Johnson Basketball and New York Warriors.

I also have a hard time calling Darius + an arcade port, since there's no game called Darius + on arcades and this is a lot different from either Darius or Darius 2 (It's also a pile of crap ). But it could fit your "sequels" category, I'd guess.
Shatterhand is offline  
Old 22 June 2018, 17:09   #4
sousourn1823
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Montceau les mines / France
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Hey there sousourn1823,

Welcome to EAB

From a very quick scan of your list; I can't think of anything missing ATM...

Edit: actually, there are these 4 games but they are not official releases:

... Bomb Jack Beer Edition [Fan made]
... Gauntlet [Atari St port]
... Joust [Atari St port]
... Super Sprint [Atari St port]

Probably worth taking a look at this thread: Ports / Conversions --> Amiga
thank you,

yes these 4 games and these 4 others could be added , in "unofficial" rubric .

Metro-cross (US Gold)
Solomon's Key (US Gold)
Liquid Kids (Ocean)
Snow Bros (Ocean)

but i'm more on games which have been officialy released
sousourn1823 is offline  
Old 22 June 2018, 17:34   #5
sousourn1823
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Montceau les mines / France
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
Xenon wasn't an arcade port. The arcade game was actually an Amiga computer inside an arcade cabinet. Pretty sure it's the same case with Sidewinder , Roadwars, Magic Johnson Basketball and New York Warriors.

I also have a hard time calling Darius + an arcade port, since there's no game called Darius + on arcades and this is a lot different from either Darius or Darius 2 (It's also a pile of crap ). But it could fit your "sequels" category, I'd guess.
Xenon : Originally developed for the Amiga computer system, it was released by Arcadia Systems as an option for their Super Select System (arcade museum)

"DARIUS+ is an enhanced version of the Darius coin-op featuring extra levels, more weapons and aliens" (HOL). A kind of sequel.

New York Warriors wasn't adapted from Delta Command ?

Sidewinder
Roadwars
Magic Johnson Basketball
are you sure for these ones ? is it the same for all others games from Arcadia?
sousourn1823 is offline  
Old 22 June 2018, 17:57   #6
nobody
Registered User

nobody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: GR
Age: 41
Posts: 1,168
PD
http://hol.abime.net/1174
nobody is offline  
Old 22 June 2018, 18:27   #7
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Shatterhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Rio de Janeiro / Brazil
Age: 35
Posts: 2,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by sousourn1823 View Post
New York Warriors wasn't adapted from Delta Command ?

Sidewinder
Roadwars
Magic Johnson Basketball
are you sure for these ones ? is it the same for all others games from Arcadia?
AFAIK, yes. Arcadia games are Amiga games in an arcade cabinet.

It's kinda funny to call Darius+ "enhanced". That game is awful!
Shatterhand is offline  
Old 22 June 2018, 18:31   #8
Don_Adan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Warsaw/Poland
Age: 50
Posts: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by sousourn1823 View Post
Xenon : Originally developed for the Amiga computer system, it was released by Arcadia Systems as an option for their Super Select System (arcade museum)

"DARIUS+ is an enhanced version of the Darius coin-op featuring extra levels, more weapons and aliens" (HOL). A kind of sequel.

New York Warriors wasn't adapted from Delta Command ?

Sidewinder
Roadwars
Magic Johnson Basketball
are you sure for these ones ? is it the same for all others games from Arcadia?
Xenon was an arcade port, like all others Arcadia System games.

http://hol.abime.net/hol_search.php?...ef_hardware=18
Don_Adan is offline  
Old 22 June 2018, 18:35   #9
Don_Adan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Warsaw/Poland
Age: 50
Posts: 971
You missed Up Scope too.
http://hol.abime.net/3565
Don_Adan is offline  
Old 22 June 2018, 18:46   #10
Don_Adan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Warsaw/Poland
Age: 50
Posts: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
AFAIK, yes. Arcadia games are Amiga games in an arcade cabinet.

It's kinda funny to call Darius+ "enhanced". That game is awful!
What do you mean Amiga games? Amiga games converted to Arcadia System? Or Arcadia System games converted to Amiga floppy games? This is hard say for some titles which version was first. And Arcadia System versions has different control, 2 button f.e. sometimes more music, more levels etc.
Don_Adan is offline  
Old 23 June 2018, 10:54   #11
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 12,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by sousourn1823 View Post
thank you,

yes these 4 games and these 4 others could be added , in "unofficial" rubric .

Metro-cross (US Gold)
Solomon's Key (US Gold)
Liquid Kids (Ocean)
Snow Bros (Ocean)

but i'm more on games which have been officialy released
I would say you should add "Liquid Kids" and "Snow Bros." to the main list

These were created for the Amiga back in the day / finished but never got released... it was many years later that they were found / made available to the public.
DamienD is offline  
Old 23 June 2018, 14:06   #12
sousourn1823
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Montceau les mines / France
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I would say you should add "Liquid Kids" and "Snow Bros." to the main list

These were created for the Amiga back in the day / finished but never got released... it was many years later that they were found / made available to the public.
i agree but as i'm trying to collect all in these games in original, i can't add these 2 games cause they have no boxes/manuels....
sousourn1823 is offline  
Old 23 June 2018, 14:08   #13
sousourn1823
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Montceau les mines / France
Posts: 20
so what to do about Arcadia games ?

shoudl i remove them all from the main list ?
sousourn1823 is offline  
Old 23 June 2018, 17:49   #14
vulture
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Athens , Greece
Posts: 806
I think Arcadia games are fine to be included, Xenon too.
vulture is offline  
Old 23 June 2018, 20:15   #15
NorthWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Grimstad / Norway
Posts: 454
Donkey Kong -> C= 64 -> Amiga (thanks to Bignonia)
NorthWay is offline  
Old 23 June 2018, 21:05   #16
Seiya
Registered User

Seiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 648
Coin-Op After Burner conversion for Amiga is by Sega. Activion game, imho, i don't know where is the Coin-Op...
Seiya is offline  
Old 23 June 2018, 23:04   #17
sousourn1823
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Montceau les mines / France
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWay View Post
Donkey Kong -> C= 64 -> Amiga (thanks to Bignonia)
added to Sequel / unofficial / not commercialy released
sousourn1823 is offline  
Old 27 June 2018, 03:14   #18
NorthWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Grimstad / Norway
Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by sousourn1823 View Post
added to Sequel / unofficial / not commercialy released
They also did Popeye and Zaxxon. (I think the others were non-licenced clones and original C= 64 releases.)
NorthWay is offline  
Old 30 June 2018, 15:40   #19
sousourn1823
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Montceau les mines / France
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWay View Post
They also did Popeye and Zaxxon. (I think the others were non-licenced clones and original C= 64 releases.)

yes, i add them too, thanks
sousourn1823 is offline  
Old 09 July 2018, 19:14   #20
Fiery Phoenix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bury, Lancs
Posts: 113
I think there may be a few more missing. May be wrong as some may be classed as console games - or first appeared on there, but sure they were arcade releases too (correct me if I am wrong)

B.C. Kid
Battletoads
Dynablaster (or Bomberman)
Last Battle
Wonder Boy in Monsterland
Fiery Phoenix is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If possible: which Coin-op wanted on Amiga? Tim Janssen Nostalgia & memories 88 07 October 2016 15:56
Tmnt the coin op mikey2002kent support.Games 3 20 November 2014 08:29
Which amiga games would have been good coin-op arcades? JudasEZT Nostalgia & memories 80 19 January 2013 23:33
Amiga 3000 coin battery + indivision installation bjavor support.Hardware 7 29 December 2012 20:00
Coin-op conversions that could be better JudasEZT Retrogaming General Discussion 17 20 October 2003 18:44

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09625 seconds with 15 queries