English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 15 September 2014, 01:30   #221
jcarvalho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eny- View Post
So, how much is the card (SD & FF)?
Forget that my friend... I have lost my money on this one year and 3 months ago. Payed for it and it was supposed to be sent one month after. Read my posts above. I dont have the money, my Indivision that I have sold nor this scanjuggler thing. I was robbed.
A good scart cable will do the trick.

Regards,
Jorge
Old 18 September 2014, 01:23   #222
Marmes

Next week maybe
Old 29 September 2014, 23:16   #223
kickstart

@jcarvalho

Its a shame hear that... theres many vapour makers on the present amiga world.
Old 07 October 2014, 00:49   #224
Marmes

It seems that now there is no answer by email
I already paid this, but I don't want it anymore. I want to be refunded, since I am waiting for this for more than a year.
Old 07 October 2014, 00:53   #225
dJOS

I'm going to back the scam call, I contacted them a year ago and was given the impression that if I paid I'd get one in a few weeks, seems like folks are being actively misled!

EDIT: Glad I didnt hand over any money.

Last edited by dJOS; 07 October 2014 at 02:01.
Old 07 October 2014, 01:50   #226
NovaCoder

It's generally a bad idea to pay for retro hardware before it has been released, a quick look into the history of unreleased Amiga hardware will give you nightmares

Last edited by NovaCoder; 07 October 2014 at 05:50.
Old 07 October 2014, 07:44   #227
nikos.rizos

@dJOS

Look, it's not a scam, OK? Some people have photos of it and some people claim to have seen it!

It's the same like bigfoot or Nessie, the Loch Ness Monster!

Joking aside, it looks like it's away from a public release, and it's really ashame as it seems like a quality product.

The only public photos of a working ScanJuggler are in a CRT monitor?

Really needs a lot of time until a public release I believe

Last edited by nikos.rizos; 07 October 2014 at 10:32.
Old 07 October 2014, 07:47   #228
dJOS

Lol
Old 07 October 2014, 15:09   #229
Marmes

Niko,
Don't get me wrong, but many people that work with fpgas don't take that kind of time to make a small project like this. There are many opensource scandoublers made with fpgas that are working nice! The problem is that there is no product , Mr. Dezz wants to implement all world inside a small product. He wants all perfect. This is Amiga ffs!! It's obsolete, not perfect!
Also the next week promisse he's been making for over a year. That's not acceptable. I just want a scandoubler that minimally works on a LCD/TFT, nothing more, if he can´t sinthetize clocks with a pll outside and work with ram control, then he shouldn't have promiss and accept money from people.
People besides money, deposit trust. Trust is broken. I just think I will take things legally if i don't get my money back or a working product. I have all emails, product invoice and foruns as proof. There are more than 2 people that I know that gave money for this product and I bet they can go along with me in legal ways. I just hope Mr. Dezz reads this and my emails. I may loose money, but I will not let it go easy.
Old 08 October 2014, 08:47   #230
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Marmes,

you're making it sound like it's an easy job. It isn't. A flickerfixer with async picture output has multiple clock domains that need to be syncronized properly. Metastability is a big issue with this kind of task. Hardware is high-speed digital design, and you need to do some research about the Amiga chipset to properly catch picture-start and line-start, let alone screenmode recognition. That's not a weekend job, and it's definitely not "just a porting job" for an open-source design. Dezz has taken himself to a class of design that's way more difficult than an accelerator. Maybe he is just realizing that now.

I know this looks like competition to Indivision AGA MK2, but I hate to see Amigans lose their money. Maybe I can help: The new production run of A1200 flickerfixers is already running, and if Dezz wants to serve his waiting customers, he could buy a few of these flickerfixers from me at dealer price. This way, waiting customers have a known-good product, and he has enough time to finish his development without the pressure of users going after him legally.

Jens
Old 08 October 2014, 12:50   #231
Marmes

Dear Jens,

I do agree it's not easy, but I think it's not hard to the point to take more than 2 years to understand how things work, and trying to put so many features inside a small hardware can be a daunting experience, when we users all that wanted was a scandoubler. I now regret to sell my indi in favour of this one, but you must see Mr. Jens, that in terms of versatility , if this board was released and worked as it should, it would fit both A1200 and A4000. For an upgrade or downgrade point of view it's a good product.
You have such nice working products, but I never understood why those board shapes. In this moment that's not even an issue. I would like to have my Indi back, because now it works as it should, but from principle I want scanjuggler or my money back. I am entitled to change my mind after one hole year and 3 months and several next week promisses, and constant design changes. Mr. Dezz is having the kind behaviour that makes people, give up from this retro thing. I thank you for having that position and try to help things out.
Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Marmes,

you're making it sound like it's an easy job. It isn't. A flickerfixer with async picture output has multiple clock domains that need to be syncronized properly. Metastability is a big issue with this kind of task. Hardware is high-speed digital design, and you need to do some research about the Amiga chipset to properly catch picture-start and line-start, let alone screenmode recognition. That's not a weekend job, and it's definitely not "just a porting job" for an open-source design. Dezz has taken himself to a class of design that's way more difficult than an accelerator. Maybe he is just realizing that now.

I know this looks like competition to Indivision AGA MK2, but I hate to see Amigans lose their money. Maybe I can help: The new production run of A1200 flickerfixers is already running, and if Dezz wants to serve his waiting customers, he could buy a few of these flickerfixers from me at dealer price. This way, waiting customers have a known-good product, and he has enough time to finish his development without the pressure of users going after him legally.

Jens
Old 12 October 2014, 01:27   #232
kickstart

Maybe is not easy make this kind of hardware but thats is no excuse for the money.
Old 29 October 2014, 22:24   #233
werdy

I was on Arok Parti this year (too), met with Dezz (actually it is my back on the right side of the picture) and see actual prototype of Scandoubler. It is working and has very good picture quality in its current state. I know Dezz from very long time (we worked for the same company for a couple of years) and I can assure you: he is doing everything what he can and he is not a cheater. He is a genius but also a very perfectionist person and the only reason why he hasn't released his board yet that he wants to satisfy his buyers whom put trusts in him.
Old 29 October 2014, 22:48   #234
dJOS

To quote from the incomparable Steve jobs:

Real artists ship.
Old 11 November 2014, 07:35   #235
seb132
French in Australia

Send a message via MSN to seb132 Send a message via Yahoo to seb132
I can wAit until 2025... Further than that I'm not sure. :-D
Old 11 November 2014, 21:40   #236
amigoun

I will for sure wait for my scanjuggler bought year ago till next week. Then next week, then next week, then next week, next week, next week... ... ...
Old 12 November 2014, 12:03   #237
Nostromo

Same here... same here.
Old 12 November 2014, 12:19   #238
werdy

Everything what lies within the boundaries of time and space is JUST AN ILLUSION which will fade away with time. But ScanJuggler is REAL and exists forever in the infinite potential

(just a joke, hope not forever)
Old 24 December 2014, 00:05   #239
jcarvalho

One more Xmas and Santa doesn't carry on his bag a Scanjuggler for me... Maybe next week or so.

Last edited by jcarvalho; 24 December 2014 at 00:17.
Old 24 December 2014, 00:36   #240
amigoun

I do not understand one thing: if anyone claims Scanjuggler is real and working (and I would be happy to be so, because I paid for it), why not send it to people who bought it with beta firmware. I send my money for it, because I was told I will receive it soon (I believed two or three weeks), but it is a year since than and I got no mail what is the status of it.