English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 13 May 2020, 18:51   #1
jPV

RNOPDF for ECS/AGA Amigas released

RNOPDF is a compact PDF viewer, which has been available for RTG and NG Amigas. A cut down version of the program is now released for Amigas without graphics cards.
Old 13 May 2020, 21:47   #2
npagonis73

Finally released for everyone with classic amigas and no rtg to use.

Great app with many features and very very stable!! Miles ahead of the old APDF and Ghostscript. Everyone with a 030 and up should have it in their amigas. Below that i think it will take some time to process the pdf but still will do the job. Works flawlessly for me on my A1200 with ACA 1233n.

Thanks again
Old 13 May 2020, 22:03   #3
honx

was this none-rtg version developed on suggestion by doug from dynamic computing (10+ minute amiga retro cast)?

i wish there was a bundle containing ibrowse and roadshow available for a reasonable price (also suggested by doug)!
Old 14 May 2020, 18:42   #4
jPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
was this none-rtg version developed on suggestion by doug from dynamic computing (10+ minute amiga retro cast)?
Yes, it was requested by two people, npagonis73 and Douglas, so here it is
Old 10 July 2020, 05:28   #5
Bruce Abbott

I have installed this program on my A1200 and it works, but I can't figure out how to 'zoom in' on the image. Is that what the zoom function does? I tried various combinations of clicking and dragging the mouse while holding down CTRL etc. and it says 'zooming' but with no effect. How do you use it?
Old 10 July 2020, 07:57   #6
jPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott View Post
I have installed this program on my A1200 and it works, but I can't figure out how to 'zoom in' on the image. Is that what the zoom function does? I tried various combinations of clicking and dragging the mouse while holding down CTRL etc. and it says 'zooming' but with no effect. How do you use it?
It's designed so that you can quickly zoom into wanted location of the document by keeping the zoom button/key pressed, look around by moving the mouse while keeping the button/key pressed, and then release it to return in the normal view. This way you can take a quick peek if you want to take a closer look at something in the document.

So, move the mouse pointer to the location you want to zoom in for a closer look, and then keep the zoom key or button pressed (just one of them... either lmb, mmb, or the defined key). Don't release the button/key until you actually see a zoomed image. The "zooming" text indicates that it's processing the zoom operation (scaling the image), so just wait and keep holding the button/key.

I know this can be a bit confusing on classic Amigas where the scaling takes time due the very limited CPU power and it isn't that "quick", I probably should make it somehow different way for 68k versions. But as this was originally designed/coded for much more powerful NG Amigas, this wasn't a problem and the zooming starts immediately when you press the key there.