English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 24 November 2018, 17:34   #21
mcbpete
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to mcbpete Send a message via Yahoo to mcbpete
Aha - That explains a lot. Thank you So presumably to work in UAE they'll need to be 'converted' to .fx/d3d shaders ?
Old 24 November 2018, 17:36   #22
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Yes, if it's possible. But guest.r posted already a lot of good shaders for WinUAE in this thread.
Old 24 November 2018, 17:41   #23
Dr.Venom

Ha sorry about that, as Retro-Nerd already mentioned it’s meant for use in retroarch. We went slightly off-topic with this shader (hope that’s ok with the mods). Chances may be that somewhere down the line these shader developments may be useful for use in winuae too. It’s my favorite shader and since guest.r is about the only person creating and porting shaders for winuae, there is some relevance to keeping the discussion centralized here. (Please don’t bug Toni about it, as he’s aware of the earlier discussions in this and some other threads.)
Old 24 November 2018, 18:04   #24
Dr.Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Yes, if it's possible. But guest.r posted already a lot of good shaders for WinUAE in this thread.

To give people a head start, do you currently have a favourite CRT shader for WinUAE? I'm guessing either one of the following, but that's because they are my current favourites for WinUAE*

CRT-Guest-Lo-Res.rar (http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...5&postcount=85)

CRT-Guest-Glow-Lo-Res.rar (http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...3&postcount=93)

*For people less familiar with the whole thread discussion, both look best of course in D3D9 mode with the guest.r modified _winuae.fx (http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...4&postcount=68) and phosphor mask .
Old 24 November 2018, 18:09   #25
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Yep, CRT-Guest-Glow-Lo-Res is my favorite. If you want to eliminate the bad dithering in some games use it in combination with the GDAPT shader as guest.r described above.
Old 16 December 2018, 18:55   #26
Dr.Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest.r View Post
Np, here you have it.
Cgwg and mask 2 (aperture) should cause least artifacts, but other masks should look decent to, but are a bit wider, which could interact with bent scanlines.
Hi guest.r,

It’s been too long since a shader update request

Would it be possible to add glow as an option to the CRT-guest-dotmask-curvature? (The one attached here: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=140 ).

Would be really great, if you have some time! Been enjoying the shader, and the ability to use some slight glow could possibly make it even more authentic
Old 16 December 2018, 20:08   #27
guest.r

Hey, NP, glow can be added, it uses the standard version though.
I guess it should run fast enough.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/126044
Attached Files
File Type: zip crt-guest-dotmask-curvature-glow-preset.zip (321 Bytes, 58 views)
File Type: zip crt-guest-nomask-curvature-glow.zip (2.7 KB, 55 views)
Old 17 December 2018, 01:17   #28
Dr.Venom

Quote:
Hey, NP, glow can be added, it uses the standard version though.
I guess it should run fast enough.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/126044

Awesome man, I'm loving it Thanks!

Just wondering if a small configuration tweak could be made. Would it be possible to have the Glow parameter setting splitted in:

Glow - Strength, and
Glow - Radius

I'm asking because the glow on a real CRT looks differently when viewed in a bright lit room versus a dark room. This is especially evident when viewing white text / sprite on a black background. In a dark room the radius of the glow can be quite large. For example one of my CRTs if I look at bright white text on a black background then the strength of the glow is quite weak, but the radius of the (faint) glow quite big. This is opposite to when viewing the same in a brightly lit room, as then only a small radius glow can be seen.

It would be pretty cool if that radius could be simulated / configured to a larger degree with the glow shader setting, without also changing the strenght on the glow itself..

No worries if that's not really feasible with the current implementation, just exploring the possibility.
Old 18 December 2018, 15:20   #29
guest.r

NP, again. I needed to take a different approach here. It's even faster and has radius included. Looks a bit crappy (due the nature of implementation) with lower radius values, not recommended to use 1 or 2.

I had to rework the main shader as well to introduce glow after mask, looks nicer and more authentic.

Another hint, GLOW_FALLOFF has to be lowered with greater radius, just a reminder.

It uses a different name, so folks can have both versions.

(These shaders are Retroarch GLSL shaders, cannot be used in WinUAE, sorry for a bit OT therefore).
Attached Files
File Type: zip crt-guest-dotmask-curvature-glow1-preset.zip (393 Bytes, 43 views)
File Type: zip crt-guest-nomask-curvature-glow1.zip (5.5 KB, 41 views)
Old 19 December 2018, 19:36   #30
Dr.Venom

You've nailed it, amazing stuff, thanks again!

The extended configuration options are excellent, really makes it shine to have a very very subtle glow with matching radius like the real deal. Really happy with this addition.

As a sidenote, I noticed that this version has "Gamma Input" added as a parameter. I had to lower the default value (of 2.4) somewhat for the "test patterns -> pluge bars" test in the 240p test suite (the two dark blue bars) to show properly and to also have my preferred settings matched with the previous glow version.

There's one last topic on my mind that would make this version the best: phosphor afterglow (not to be confused with the previous glow feature, it's an entirely different thing).

Phosphors used in consumer CRT tubes have an afterglow decay time that can be clearly seen when bright things are moving fast on a dark background. For example if you look at Amiga demos on a CRT, like say Enigma Demo by Phenomena, then this afterglow can be seen as a smooth trail in the bottom scroll text or with the rotating stars. It makes the moving stars much more "alive" when compared to the same on a LCD. This afterglow gives a sense of smooth motion, that I really miss when watching old school stuff on LCD.

Since a picture tells a thousand words I enclosed a youtube video I found below which captures the CRT phosphor afterglow.

Phospor afterglow video: [ Show youtube player ]

If you look at the UFO flying by from second 13 to 18 you can clearly see the trail in motion.

I've made a screen capture to show the trail in more detail below:

The greenish trail can be quite clearly seen behind the UFO.

In the following wiki link there's a lot of information on phosphor decay times: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphor

Quote:
Cathode ray tubes

Cathode ray tubes produce signal-generated light patterns in a (typically) round or rectangular format. Bulky CRTs were used in the black-and-white household television ("TV") sets that became popular in the 1950s, as well as first-generation, tube-based color TVs, and most earlier computer monitors. [...]

Red: [...]
Green: Combination of zinc sulfide with copper, the P31 phosphor or ZnS:Cu, provides green light peaking at 531 nm, with long glow.
Blue: Combination of zinc sulfide with few ppm of silver, the ZnS:Ag, when excited by electrons, provides strong blue glow with maximum at 450 nm, with short afterglow with 200 nanosecond duration. It is known as the P22B phosphor. This material, zinc sulfide silver, is still one of the most efficient phosphors in cathode ray tubes. It is used as a blue phosphor in color CRTs.
As such it's important to note that the "R", "G" and "B" phosphors have different afterglow times. Especially important is that Blue phoshor has virtually no afterglow (it's in the order of nanoseconds) and Green phosphor has long afterglow. Red I'm not sure from glancing at all of the information.

So to accurately simulate afterglow it seems the folowing is important:
  1. Only Green and Red determine afterglow, Blue should not be included.
  2. From looking at the video the afterglow seems several frames long, which would make the afterglow for Green (and Red?) in the order of tens to hundreds of milliseconds.
  3. When electrons hit phosphor they light up instantly, so when simulating a phospor trail it must be evident that afterglow can only happen when the trailing happens on non-lit (black) background. Any new pixel that is changed to non black in the trail cancels the afterglow immediately. (I assume this must be the case, as otherwise a lot of ugly smearing would happen.)
Hopefully, given the above, it would be possible to add a realistic Phosphor Afterglow to the shader.

I understand this is possibly a piece de resistance, in the sense that very little has been done before with shaders to capture this effect.

I would love to hear your opinion on this

Last edited by DamienD; 19 December 2018 at 20:50. Reason: ...reduced image size
Old 19 December 2018, 21:38   #31
guest.r

Glad you like the glow setup.

About the phosphor afterglow, it would be possible with Retroarch Vulkan shaders (slang) i guess, since it supports frame history.

I think their GLSL shader framework don't support this feature and i don't have a Vulkan capable gpu at the moment, will probably change my setup next year.
Old 20 December 2018, 13:17   #32
Tommi74

Hi All,

not sure if this helps in any way:

For my taste ParaJVE, a MB Vectrex emulator, emulates the cathode ray tube built into a real Vectrex fairly accurately, in particular the glow effects that made the Vectrex's vector graphics famous. If ParaJVE also uses shaders it might be a good idea to have a look at them, or get in touch with the programmer(s). :-)
Old 20 December 2018, 18:47   #33
guest.r

I took a look at ParaJVE, glow coding is a bit different there because of higher resolutions. It looks nice, what else to say.

For like 240p games the best option is definitely gaussian glow at output resolution (like the first approach), but gaussian-linear glow with radius is way faster and more flexible.

Most solutions are favoring gaussian-linear glow because of larger radius and speed. We shall not forget to stay Intel igpu friendly.
Old 21 December 2018, 18:49   #34
Dr.Venom

Quote:
Glad you like the glow setup.

About the phosphor afterglow, it would be possible with Retroarch Vulkan shaders (slang) i guess, since it supports frame history.
Ah, too bad it can't be done with the current shader format, but good to know that the slang format at least provides a possibility!

With the new setup, will you be going for a higher than 1080p resolution monitor? I'm still at 1080p myself, but I'm wondering how noticable the impact of higher resolution will be on CRT shader authenticity?

With regards to authenticity I have been thinking about the topic of "bloom" (not to be confused with "glow") . It's something I've noticed over the years with pretty much all CRT's.

This FAQ has a good definition: https://www.repairfaq.org/sam/tvfaq.htm

Quote:
Blooming is defined as an expansion of the raster or horizontal sections of the raster with bright material. For example, switching between dark and light picture causes the size of the picture to expand by 10%. A slight change in size is unavoidable but if it is greater than 1 or 2 percent from a totally black image to a full white one, this is either an indication of a defective TV or one that is badly designed. The cause is poor low or high voltage regulation.
I found the following examples on youtube:

The first movie shows metal slug on a CRT tv. If you go to second 75 and look at the bottom right where it says "Credit 04", you'll see how this text gets pushed slightly to the outside of the bezel when the screen gets bright and it coming back in on darker screens. I guess this may be the default case where bloom sizes up the image by 1 to 2%.

[ Show youtube player ]

The next one shows an older TV where the voltage regulation has clearly been diminished. From 1:15 in this youtube:

[ Show youtube player ]

The guy is turning the brightness of the monitor up and down. You can clearly see how the white raster expands quite a bit when the brightness on the monitor is turned up and then shrinks back when it's lowered. I guess we can call this the 10% blooming case. I.e. it has a defect and needs servicing, opposed to the 1 - 2% normal bloom on properly calibrated sets.

I'm not sure how many people consciously experienced "bloom" on CRT but personally I think it just gives more of a "pop" to bright images fading in (because at the same time that it's getting brighter, the image also enlarges a bit, giving that "pop").

To add to that I would assume that "bloom" may also have impacted how pixel artists drew their graphics back then, as the CRTs they worked with most probably were also exposed to "bloom". To recreate these images truthfully I think adding bloom to a shader may add to authenticity.

Note: I understand the scanlines in the dotmask shader already "blow up" depending on their brightness, but this happens only within the confines of the existing fixed image height (i.e. bright lines extend into the dark scanlines), but it does not really enlarge the entire picture by 1, 2, or even 10%, like "bloom" on a real CRT would do. A proper test would be to see things like the "Credits 04" in metal slug for example to move slightly in and out to the bezel of your screen.

I have no idea of the work involved, but do you think "bloom" as mentioned above could work in a shader (or would look any good at all for that matter)? And if so, possibly be feasible to implement in the dotmask shader?

Last edited by Dr.Venom; 21 December 2018 at 18:56.
Old 21 December 2018, 22:50   #35
guest.r

Quote:
I have no idea of the work involved, but do you think "bloom" as mentioned above could work in a shader (or would look any good at all for that matter)? And if so, possibly be feasible to implement in the dotmask shader?
I think i found a good solution, main problem was hiding the overgrown image from showing, one wouldn't belive this crap.

I upgraded the previous preset, fixing the cgwg mask in the process too to defaults (had to be set manually before). The jittering isn't disturbing, it's quite bearable.

Thanks for a good explanation of the issue, therefore i could produce something.

Quote:
With the new setup, will you be going for a higher than 1080p resolution monitor? I'm still at 1080p myself, but I'm wondering how noticable the impact of higher resolution will be on CRT shader authenticity?
I don't like widescreen too much, although these 1440p solutions are popular, i'll be staying with 1080p 99%. PC games look good with decent AA with this resolution and i'm used to crt shaders too with this.

PS: Hope you like the shader.

Edit: More accurate and faster now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip crt-guest-dotmask-curvature-bloom-preset.zip (480 Bytes, 47 views)
File Type: zip crt-guest-nomask-curvature-bloom.zip (7.2 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by guest.r; 22 December 2018 at 13:55.
Old 23 December 2018, 13:41   #36
Dr.Venom

One word: Wonderful

The CRT I'm using to compare with is still in very good condition, and I found that Bloom value between 2 and 3% with "Avg. Luminance Step" between 1 - 5 gives a very accurate replication of the bloom on the real CRT. (For some reason 1,3 and 5 seem to work better than 2 and 4.)

While finetuning I noticed some interesting differences with different games, in the sense that mslugx is somewhat more lenient in the values you can choose to have it replicate the most prominent bloom fairly accurately, but with that more lenient setting (i.e. a higher luminance setting) it will "fail" with for example R-Type (Arcade).

In more detail: If you let R-Type run in demo mode and look at the score bar at the bottom, than on a real CRT this is very solid (no jittering) during the demo levels, apart from the occasional explosions or white flashing happening when some opponents get hit. Thus the score bar at the bottom is say for 90% of the time during demo mode not jittering at all. This can actually only be replicated - when bloom is at 2% or 3% - by having the Luminance factor at 1.

The good thing is that with that setting mslugx is also as good as spot on.

Possibly (but this is only guessing) the Avg. Luminance Step setting larger than 5 don't seem needed? As I could not get to accurate behaviour with them. If anything I feel that the range between 0 to 5 is enough and could possibly benefit from having more granularity between 0 to 5. That said I have no real understanding between the step factor and the bloom so maybe you can elaborate a bit on that.

And to be clear the effect is already 99% spot, so it would only help to bring it from excellent to something that is slightly above that.

I'm really digging the effect, especially to have the screen resonating very subtly in line with flashing screens / large explosions etc. really adds to the authenticity.

TV-Mode versus Monitor mode

One thing could be an additional "nice to have": currently it uses the default scale as the "dim" case and it "grows" the screen when it is bright. I.e. it pushes content slightly into the bezel / out of the visible screen. Normally when that would happen on my real CRT monitor I would adjust the H.Size and V.Size pots to get the bright image just within the bezel. It would be nice if that could be replicated with a setting, i.e would it be possible to have a switch by which you can choose to have the default scale as dim or bright case?

E.g. the current setting would be something akin "TV-mode": default scale is dim mode and bloom causes image to grow and get pushed into the bezel, with no pots on the TV to adjust these H and V size.

The other would be "Monitor mode", where the default scale is the bright case, as if the pots were adjusted to have the bright case staying neatly within the bezel. (But as said, the current effect is great already, so this would only be a bonus!)

And then all the testing and comparing brought me to another point...

White Point of CRT

From the side by side testing I noticed that the White Point value on the CRT is quite different from my (Laptop) PC. The CRT screen has a much more soft white and the LCD a more "harsh" blue-ish white.

As I understand it the CRTs from the 90's were mostly calibrated to have a 5000 Kelvin white point (D50) and the current day LCDs are calibrated to 6500 Kelvin (D65). So on the CRT the white (and other colors) looks a bit more soft to the eyes / more "yellowish". This becomes especially apparent when running them side.

I've looked whether I could adjust the white point value on my Monitor to something of 5000K, but there's no White point value to be found anywhere (the screen has only scenery setting, but I don't know what white point they are and I don't want to screw with the sRGB setting).

Do you have any suggestion on this matter? I suppose, since this seems a monitor hardware thing (but I have zero understanding of this matter) you can't transform the white point value from 6500K to 5000K with a shader?
Old 23 December 2018, 15:44   #37
guest.r

Quote:
The CRT I'm using to compare with is still in very good condition, and I found that Bloom value between 2 and 3% with "Avg. Luminance Step" between 1 - 5 gives a very accurate replication of the bloom on the real CRT. (For some reason 1,3 and 5 seem to work better than 2 and 4.)
"Avg. Luminance Step" is a quality/performance value, usually it means that using lower step will sample more often, resulting lower performance. Higher step is not as accurate, but might help when using the shader preset with higher resolution gfx. Things might get slow here or with poor adapters.

Quote:
E.g. the current setting would be something akin "TV-mode": default scale is dim mode and bloom causes image to grow and get pushed into the bezel, with no pots on the TV to adjust these H and V size.

The other would be "Monitor mode", where the default scale is the bright case, as if the pots were adjusted to have the bright case staying neatly within the bezel. (But as said, the current effect is great already, so this would only be a bonus!)
NP, i added an option called "Do Overscan", it introduces three settings, like "TV-mode", "Monitor mode" and something in between (1.0), which i found to work very nice, since it fills the displayed area most of the time.

Quote:
Do you have any suggestion on this matter? I suppose, since this seems a monitor hardware thing (but I have zero understanding of this matter) you can't transform the white point value from 6500K to 5000K with a shader?
Yeah, i think i got this one too. I implemented it the way that allows gradual transformation by percentage values (100% means D50, 0% D65) since the difference is quite notable. I think it fits the request...

Edit1: Gamma fix.

Edit2: Since we aren't after every bit of fast code it seems i improved the quality of scanlines (see beam_min, beam_max options). Better now. I'll keep the old version here too, just for the case.
Attached Files
File Type: zip crt-guest-dotmask-curvature-bloom-preset.zip (485 Bytes, 47 views)
File Type: zip crt-guest-nomask-curvature-bloom.zip (8.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: zip crt-guest-nomask-curvature-bloom1.zip (8.2 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by guest.r; 23 December 2018 at 21:54. Reason: Updated shader version.
Old 29 December 2018, 12:11   #38
Dr.Venom

Sorry for the late reply..

Quote:
"Avg. Luminance Step" is a quality/performance value, usually it means that using lower step will sample more often, resulting lower performance. Higher step is not as accurate, but might help when using the shader preset with higher resolution gfx. Things might get slow here or with poor adapters.
Ah, I see. After some testing with various games (and with most/all shader features active) I tend to notice the difference in input response between using a setting of 1 and 3 or higher. It will probably have to do with the combination of settings also, but especially a setting of 1 feels more "heavy" in some games when it comes to how responsive or for a better word swift the response feels. I have now settled on 3.

Quote:
NP, i added an option called "Do Overscan", it introduces three settings, like "TV-mode", "Monitor mode" and something in between (1.0), which i found to work very nice, since it fills the displayed area most of the time.
Thanks for this, the options and especially the in between mode works really well

Quote:
Yeah, i think i got this one too. I implemented it the way that allows gradual transformation by percentage values (100% means D50, 0% D65) since the difference is quite notable. I think it fits the request...
Thanks, awesome to have this in here also! I did notice that a value close to zero sort of matched my previous setting. So I changed the range from the current 0-100% to -100% to 100% and am now settling on -10% to match my CRT (I do also have gamma adjustments in there, maybe that plays a role too?). Is there any way to know what the default white point value of a computer is?

Maybe it could make sense to call this parameter White Point Adjustment and have it default at "0" (if possible the real/unadjusted white point value) and a plus (more blue-ish white) and minus (more yellow-ish) range around it?

I may go as far to order a screen calibration hardware tool in the future, to see how the white point and other color values of the CRT and LCD (with shader) compare. (Yes, maybe I'm a bit obsessed with replicating the CRT experience as exactly as possible )

Quote:
Edit2: Since we aren't after every bit of fast code it seems i improved the quality of scanlines (see beam_min, beam_max options). Better now. I'll keep the old version here too, just for the case.
I have been doing quite some comparing and I think I like this version better indeed. The differences are sometimes subtle, but it seem this adjusted one is brighter in some areas with same settings, without overblowing it. Anyway I like it

There one's minor thing that hopefully you could adjust. I noticed that there are rounded corners now in some situations, could you make that configurable? I think I'd like the image best without any rounding of the corners.

Other than that I just want to say this shader really nails it and I'm loving it. It's the only shader that holds up for me in longer game play sessions, without becoming distracted by one of the "too artificial" aspects that most other shader suffer from. It's capable of offering crisp graphics, while keeping the pixels soft. The glow and bloom can be made to match the real thing very precisely, in side by side testing I sometimes had to look twice to realize I was watching the LCD and not the CRT .

I really do hope someday you'll find the time when you have your new setup to explore adding a realistic afterglow, it's the only thing missing to make it technically replicate all the important features of a CRT!

With regards to afterglow, if you want to experience it to the fullest I would suggest watching a real CRT in a totally dark room and look at bright objects moving quickly against a black background. It's crazy how long some of the afterglow trails actually are!

Quote:
I don't like widescreen too much, although these 1440p solutions are popular, i'll be staying with 1080p 99%. PC games look good with decent AA with this resolution and i'm used to crt shaders too with this.
I'm reading some stuff about HDR, is that something you'll be looking specifically for? Since CRT level brightness seems to be thing that is most difficult to keep when adding scanlines with a shader (without overblowing the whites) I was wondering whether this HDR thing could be a saviour in that regard?
Old 29 December 2018, 20:08   #39
guest.r

Np.

Quote:
Ah, I see. After some testing with various games (and with most/all shader features active) I tend to notice the difference in input response between using a setting of 1 and 3 or higher. It will probably have to do with the combination of settings also, but especially a setting of 1 feels more "heavy" in some games when it comes to how responsive or for a better word swift the response feels. I have now settled on 3.
I reworked this a bit, using some "free" HW abilities to speed things up. Now default STEP is 2.0 but an average of 2x2 colors is instantly calculated by using a bilinear sampler, so every pixel counts. Previously some were left out by using non-1 steps. Default value is working very well now, but i left room for even more speed.

Quote:
Thanks, awesome to have this in here also! I did notice that a value close to zero sort of matched my previous setting. So I changed the range from the current 0-100% to -100% to 100% and am now settling on -10% to match my CRT (I do also have gamma adjustments in there, maybe that plays a role too?). Is there any way to know what the default white point value of a computer is?
Maybe it could make sense to call this parameter White Point Adjustment and have it default at "0" (if possible the real/unadjusted white point value) and a plus (more blue-ish white) and minus (more yellow-ish) range around it?
Now the range is from -100.0% to 100.0%, with 0 as default. I think shaders do okay here, since they really produce a change in the desired direction. Most displays are calibrated to 6500K. I my settings i can choose between cool, neutral, warm options, but if i select "neutral", shader can close up to other ones in emulation. I think it's best to use the one you like best, but might depend on content too.

Quote:
There one's minor thing that hopefully you could adjust. I noticed that there are rounded corners now in some situations, could you make that configurable? I think I'd like the image best without any rounding of the corners.
Corner function serves as a "picture frame" here, preventing some unwanted things, has no bussiness with cornering tbh. Fixed now.

Quote:
I'm reading some stuff about HDR, is that something you'll be looking specifically for? Since CRT level brightness seems to be thing that is most difficult to keep when adding scanlines with a shader (without overblowing the whites) I was wondering whether this HDR thing could be a saviour in that regard?
This shader has this settled by saturating to 0-1 range. Dunno about HDR and shaders, since i don't own one to do some tests. I think it might be very nice to implement glow through this, or shadow mask effects for example.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to say i changed the horizontal filter too with gaussian one, is a bit slower, but works better with lottes masks at low sharpness. They were not very usable before tbh. Horizontal sharpness range changed also, now it's from 2 to 20 (1 to 5 before) due different processing. And i renamed the "package".

Edit: saturation was a bit borked/dotted at higher levels, fixed now.
Edit2: better halation, better blooming, possibly a nvidia fix.
Edit3: Another try...
Edit4: Seems Amd and nvidia adapters/drivers normalize black colors differently. Should be fixed now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip crt-guest-dr-venom-preset.zip (481 Bytes, 27 views)
File Type: zip crt-guest-dr-venom.zip (9.2 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by guest.r; 30 December 2018 at 17:10.
Old 30 December 2018, 15:58   #40
Dr.Venom

I was ready to try out the new update, but there's something wrong with the shader I'm afraid as everything pure black shows as fully white?

I.e. black backgrounds are fully white and black details on objects are fully white, also without effects applied to them. If you start something like Mega Turrican for example you'll notice immediately (I'm using a NVidia 1070 if that matters..)

Edit: Tried the version with your edit of 15:31, but still the same issue.
Edit2: here is what it looks like when loaded with default settings:
Edit 3: issue still persists with edit from 15:46
Edit 4: Fixed indeed! I'm short of time currently (unfortunately!), but will be having a more thorough look later on. Cheers!

Last edited by Dr.Venom; 30 December 2018 at 17:36.