English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 19 January 2019, 02:38   #1
Misto

Looking for some help restoring an A2000.

Hey all! A coworker of mine recently gave me some old Amiga stuff - an A2000, 4000, and 600. These are my first Amigas and have wanted one for awhile. Unfortunately, he only really had the bare computers - no wires, monitors, mice, or keyboards.

I first tried the A2000 since there is composite out and I hoped I would at least verify it was working. Got things plugged in but no video. I connected it to a Commodore 1802 with the mono video input.

I posted this elsewhere and got some feedback - here's what I tried so far:

Removed all expansion cards,
Disconnected the hard drive,
Tested the power supply voltages (no issues here),
Tried A few different monitors just to be safe

I looked under the power supply at the motherboard and there is no battery leakage or corrosion whatsoever (and yes I removed the batteries).

It was also suggested to listen for the floppy drive clicks during startup but haven't gotten any noise from them so that could be an issue. Although I would assume there would be some indication on the screen that it needs something to boot from. I also listened to the drive on the A4000 and heard no response from it either. I figured maybe I could swap them out if needed :/

Is there anything else I can do in the meantime? I'm looking into getting something to use the actual Amiga video out to see if there is any error on startup but maybe there is something I missed. Also note these are NTSC machines.

Thanks!