English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 19 November 2006, 15:48   #1
mailman
Zone Friend

Bograts

Do any of you had some problems with Bograts? My version:

- does not run on my present configuration (A1200, BPPC 040/25 MHz) neither from floppy nor HD
- does not run on A1200 without extensions neither from floppy nor HD
- works under WinUAE but after sixth level it crashes.

The game crashes after the introduction or when I want to skip introduction and play the game immediately. I discovered that it happens during loading of the GAME file. I was thinking that the problem might be caused by packing routines (all game files are packed). I unpacked all the files and ran the game from HD. There was some success in it because the game asked me for disk two. So I did what it asked and after a while (and changing the picture for "Loading, Please Wait") there was crash. I tried using assigns. This time there were no request for disk, just a picture for "Loading, Please Wait" and crash again.

I used the same version under WinUAE. The game works flawlessly until I reached the sixth level. It crashes then.

Does any of you have similiar experiences with this game?
Old 26 November 2006, 00:10   #2
NPI

do you have the original game?

when I downloaded it from TOSEC I couldnt see the sprites or something like that. now I got another cracked version and I dont have any problems...
Old 26 November 2006, 09:26   #3
mailman
Zone Friend

Yes I do. And that seems strange to me.
Old 10 February 2017, 20:31   #4
AC/DC HACKER!

I know the thread is "old" but this might help you.. There's a program called "NoCyberGraphX" that I use with Picasso96 (Picasso 4) using OS 3.5 and 3.9 BoingBag4. However, with OS 3.9, and a real Amiga 4000 Desktop using CyberStormPPC I have to assign OS 3.5 Libs to play without a Startup-Sequence or use a Bootmenu with a script which I do. With OS 3.5 the game plays fine without modification other than adding Devs - Monitors - PicassoIV to have smooth video (otherwise not needed), but I haven't made it to level 6, I'm close.

I'm using a cracked version. I have the original but since I don't like copy protection..I always use a crack when possible or do it myself. The NoCyberGraphX 1.0 is found on Aminet. Please reply if this was helpful to you. Or if you have found a solve, as I might notice that crash on or after 6th.