English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 06 December 2016, 10:53   #81
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZon View Post
It's funny, I went to install the OpalVision_Complete package, it got to where it said insert Images disk 1, didn't like any of the 7 supplied adfs and canceled. I tried making an images1 disk with some files I thought it would want, but it got a little ways in and canceled. However, after having done all this, it's no longer looking for the keyfile! LOL
maybe the installer is looking for exact filenames, so your selfmade disk failed?!
opal was looking for keyfile?
Quote:
Also, whenever I open Opal Paint without first depressing the assigns, it's now not going through as many cancel prompts. Assigns still works though, faithfully as always. (Just can't seem to make them (assigns) engage prior to Opal Paint opening on start up)
you can add the assigns in your s:user-startup
assign OpalPaint: dh1:apps/OpalPaint
assign OpalVision: dh1:apps/OpalPaint

just change the path to the OpalPaint folder
Old 06 December 2016, 13:33   #82
JZon

same effect

Yes, this was my concern the first time it happened. But I try changing the name to Image1 and it took. (for a second or so to copy what it liked that I had put on that disk. Not sure which files are even supposed to be on there. I don't think it would've begun copying files if the disk name was wrong. Plus the others are named Image2 Image3) Yes, looking for a keyfile. But, it stopped (or found it) because it stopped giving me that prompt (after attempting the 7 disk install)

I try this. It changes the Opal Vision from starting in front of WorkBench to behind WorkBench. Still getting 2 cancels (as opposed to 6 with Opal_24 lha) (The Opal24 install would call up 6 cancels, but after the 7 disk complete install, on top of the pre existing O24 install the 7 disk complete install cut the cancels down)

So, I double click the assigns file you sent (w/ PS4.0 on the icon) and...

no cancels whatsoever. (seemless)

I try assign OpalPaint: dh1:apps/OpalPaint but it asks to insert drive dh1 on boot. So I change it to OpalPaint: dh0:apps/OpalPaint but same thing (cancels sandwiched in on boot) So then I try OpalPaint: dh0:apps/OpalVision/OpalPaint

same thing, (a few cancels) . (& now, booting below WorkBench)

I thought for sure your first shell command was going to work because it was going to do the same thing to another file in the same drawer.

How come

run > NIL: dh0:OpalVision/OpalPaint >NIL:

starts Opal Paint no problem, but...

run > NIL: dh0:OpalVision/assigns >NIL:

does not start the assigns file?Name:  AssignsImage.PNG
Views: 1300
Size:  733 Bytes

Thank you very much! Brother Jzon

PS also noticed in the above command, a space in between the > and NIL on the fist portion "> NIL:" of the line and at the end of the line, no space ">NIL:" It's working, so assume this is correct? (working on OpalPaint, not assigns file lol) Oh yeah, you had asked once does that make sense or if that makes sense. Well, I forgot to respond, but yes, it made perfect sense.

Last edited by JZon; 06 December 2016 at 13:49.
Old 06 December 2016, 18:46   #83
emufan

Quote:
.. I don't think it would've begun copying files if the disk name was wrong.
why not just copy your prefered images in a folder inside OpalPaint drawer.
create a new folder like:
mkdir OpalVision:MyImages
and copy those images into the new folder
much less trouble than fixing the installer or creating new install disks.
Quote:
So, I double click the assigns file you sent (w/ PS4.0 on the icon) and...

no cancels whatsoever. (seemless)
so i do it here on my box, one more click, but it works.

Quote:
I try assign OpalPaint: dh1:apps/OpalPaint but it asks to insert drive dh1 on boot. So I change it to OpalPaint: dh0:apps/OpalPaint but same thing (cancels sandwiched in on boot) So then I try OpalPaint: dh0:apps/OpalVision/OpalPaint
that was my path, just as an example.
you have to use your path to opalpaint folder.

from reading below, you path (maybe) is:
assign OpalPaint: dh0:OpalPaint/
assign OpalVision: dh0:OpalPaint/

Quote:
How come

starts Opal Paint no problem, but...

run > NIL: dh0:OpalVision/assigns >NIL:

does not start the assigns file?Attachment 51199
now i understand when you were referring to PS - i was just using an already existing icon, this belongs to PageStream 4.0.
i'm using the same procedure to make some assigns for pagestream this way.

run will start only (think) executable this way, for the script try:
cd dh0:OpalVision/
execute > NIL: dh0:OpalVision/assigns >NIL:

this should work.

Quote:
PS also noticed in the above command, a space in between the > and NIL on the fist portion "> NIL:" of the line and at the end of the line, no space ">NIL:" It's working, so assume this is correct? (working on OpalPaint, not assigns file lol)
'm not sure about the exact way to write it, but both versions work,
so it doesnt matter i think.
purpose is to hide output from the commands, NIL: is what linux knows as /dev/null
Quote:
Oh yeah, you had asked once does that make sense or if that makes sense. Well, I forgot to respond, but yes, it made perfect sense.
i already forgot that, should reread, but if it was of any use, then all is ok

btw: i found the iconbar name i'm running here, ToolManager, there is a config tool with
same name in Prefs folder. maybe you use the same

Last edited by emufan; 06 December 2016 at 18:51.
Old 07 December 2016, 02:11   #84
JZon

Lol!

It's working alright now, but it's back to asking for the keyfile! LOL

I'm going to try some more ways.

So far, this is what I've done, simply unarchive Opal_24 to SYS: (won't find opal library, easily fixable), but then I go ahead and install the OpalVision_complete (which btw should be called OpalVision_almost complete. I noticed on the install adf's that install 2 is labeled (on the windows side) OpalVision (1993-03-03)(Centaur Development)(US)(Disk 2 of 7)(Installation 2 - Images 1)...

which is using OpalPaint 2.0. So, I copy OpalVision_24's contents to the half installed (almost) complete version. Add this to user startup...

execute > NIL: dh0:OpalVision/assigns >NIL:

All is well. (Just looking for keyfile now) (Going back in to tackle this last item)

Can't remember, it's a dock program though, it has some stuff it wants to give you when downloading, then there are it's own little monitoring programs associated with it that you want to cut out, but if you can figure out how to trim it up, so to speak, it's a quality solution. (I'll look it up on my external hard drive next time I go there)

Opal Paint opening on top of WorkBench again btw.

What is Opal Presents? I just went back to check it out and finding it's unresponsive. I thought I had access before. (probably my crazy install)

K. Going back in.... standby... ... ...
Old 07 December 2016, 07:26   #85
JZon

1 am in the morning next to the campfire.

Got 'er done. Went with clean install, Opal_24, followed instructions including user startup command, ended up copying (Opal) prefs to WorkBench prefs (so it finds keys), made extra commands to user startup (for assigns and OpalPaint boot on startup)...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	102
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	51218

She's booting on perfect! No false cancels, no key failure, no freezing. (It's funny, it froze the first reboot. I was about to start from scratch and thought, maybe I try once more. It was fine all along. Kind of like when installing os 3.9 the first time. It fails to see scsi the first boot) Also put a shortcut to taskbar. (note to self: make up-to-date logo of OpalPaint icon)

Speaking of which, I put the DPaint4 svg logo in the Zone in case any one would like to try it out.

Opal Presents working too.

Old 07 December 2016, 10:37   #86
emufan

good news. I tested your svg - it came with watermark - evaluation version.
i was bored, so i removed the watermark text -. resized to 32x32 for my tool bar.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	toolbar.png
Views:	73
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	51220  

Last edited by emufan; 07 December 2016 at 10:54.
Old 07 December 2016, 13:16   #87
JZon

WaterMark?

You mean a water mark like 'so and so products' was etched into the picture somewhere? I didn't see anything like this. Who's watermark was it? Inkscape?

Glad some one could make use of it!

Brother J
Old 07 December 2016, 13:30   #88
emufan

Quote:
You mean a water mark like 'so and so products' was etched into the picture somewhere? I didn't see anything like this. Who's watermark was it? Inkscape?

Glad some one could make use of it!

Brother J
*argh* was my fault - using XnView and IrfanView, i was presented with
the attached image.
my websbrowser can display it, will make a screenshot and convert to 32x32 pixel image for the toolbar
svgtopam linux tool i have here too - will convert to png this way
^^^does not accept the svg, was using svgtopng.com finaly.

#1) just found a good image viewer, Visage. does automatic scaling the image to the screensize,
will use additional datatypes. cool tool.

*removed image to free some bytes*

Last edited by emufan; 12 December 2016 at 17:42.
Old 07 December 2016, 23:30   #89
JZon

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Man. I just had time to check this post as I was headed out the door to work and it was in my mind the whole day how this 'watermark' could be in my MY svg. It went from Raising Arizona to a couple of decades prior movie called Excalibur! LOL What a relief. Yes, this watermark, the CAD one in XnView? I get this too. It's just for a plugin to make svg work with XnView. I should have zipped the ico verison. But, XnView made the perfectly symmetrical pyramid turn into a ziggurat. lol

Nice tools. Nice tool bar. I notice somehow your icon came out with a white background. How do you accomplish this? (as I saved only the image to a clear layer ((or on no layer))) Will check out your apps. (now)

I found the name of that dock app, WinStep Nexus. It makes a mac style dock, very configurable, which can display icons more better. I make them smaller than stock Windows taskbar and when scrolling over them, they turn into huge, bigger than stock Windows taskbar icons.

OK. Great work!

Old 08 December 2016, 12:10   #90
emufan

Quote:
Man. I just had time to check this post as I was headed out the door to work and it was in my mind the whole day how this 'watermark' could be in my MY svg. It went from Raising Arizona to a couple of decades prior movie called Excalibur! LOL What a relief.
good to know, someone cares
Quote:
Yes, this watermark, the CAD one in XnView? I get this too. It's just for a plugin to make svg work with XnView. I should have zipped the ico verison. But, XnView made the perfectly symmetrical pyramid turn into a ziggurat. lol
i rarely have svg fles, so xnview was my first first choice opening it.
never noticed the demo version watermark of that plugin.
Quote:
Nice tools. Nice tool bar. I notice somehow your icon came out with a white background. How do you accomplish this? (as I saved only the image to a clear layer ((or on no layer))) Will check out your apps. (now)
finaly i was using the SVG to PNG online converter, which made a png with transparent background.
loading the png into xnview -> remove alpha channel, that made background black, next converted to 256 colors and edited the palette, changing first black color into white. later I made a second attempt, and changed to light grey. all done with xnview.
thats it
Quote:
I found the name of that dock app, WinStep Nexus. It makes a mac style dock, very configurable, which can display icons more better. I make them smaller than stock Windows taskbar and when scrolling over them, they turn into huge, bigger than stock Windows taskbar icons.
the nexus bar looks nice. will give it a test run.
there is something like that for the amiga too. a toolbar that has some
zooming icons when you move the mouse over them.but i forgot it's name, i'll look for that one.

#1) cannot find it one aminet, but i'm pretty sure i've seen that - may work only with rtg/picasso96 screenmode, hmm :/

does any of the silent people in the background know the name of that animated toolbar?

Last edited by emufan; 08 December 2016 at 12:34.
Old 08 December 2016, 15:31   #91
JZon

Sidebar

We were discussing MUI? lol Check out this page!

https://muidev.de/downloads/
Old 08 December 2016, 17:29   #92
emufan

Quote:
We were discussing MUI? lol Check out this page!

https://muidev.de/downloads/
oh, version 5, already. i knew there is new development for mui, but i still keep using 3.8.
since those old programs i'm using, were made when latest mui version was 3.8
so i'm not sure if we get any benefit from using the new version

#1) i'll give it a try (MUI-5.0-2016R2-os3.lha) - and i'll regret it, i'm sure that

#2) not so bad as i thought. install went ok, ask to delete some old files/folder.
later it ask to update the existing 3.8 installation/folder.
tested some apps - WolrdConstrcutionSet, AmIRC and Remus, all still working.

but now my mui default screen isn't working anymore, all apps open on workbench,
while the screen is still in my mui config.
the MUI setting tool ( sys:mui/mui) sometimes just vanishs, when you push a button from the left menu.
I have to reboot to make it start again.
so mui 5 is not so bad at all - with some instability.

Last edited by emufan; 08 December 2016 at 18:04.
Old 08 December 2016, 18:41   #93
JZon

Mui 5!

I did a clean install, copied and ran from ram (like you suggested), no probs. Stable here.

Did we deduce that MUI will not let one customize WorkBench 3.9 (the way it customizes it's own gui?)

Old 09 December 2016, 05:51   #94
JZon

MagicWB!

Trying out MagicWB21p. I go to prefs, to change the desktop background pic and it's not seeing my iff pic. Does MagicWB want to be registered? I tried keyring, but didn't see an actual key in the download. It also had a 2.0 install, which I tried, but it asked to be inserted in df1: so I quickly downloaded the adf from this old comfuser, still same thing (asking for registration and won't allow me to change the background picture)

Also, not finding the main MagicWB program. I installed it on the MUI config/build. Maybe I adjust it from here? MUI?

Also looking for a copy of Modeler 3d to compliment VideoScape 3d.
Old 09 December 2016, 14:20   #95
emufan

Quote:
I did a clean install, copied and ran from ram (like you suggested), no probs. Stable here.

Did we deduce that MUI will not let one customize WorkBench 3.9 (the way it customizes it's own gui?)
yep, mui will only change the look of mui based applications. workbench is using another gui system.
using VisualPrefs you can change the look of the workbench Gui.
once installed you find GUI tool in prefs folder. but before you change anything, make a backup of the current look.
within GUI tool choose menu -> Save As and Save As Template to make a backup of current state.
i never found some good templates so i cannot say how usefull it is at all.

Quote:
Trying out MagicWB21p. I go to prefs, to change the desktop background pic and it's not seeing my iff pic. Does MagicWB want to be registered? I tried keyring, but didn't see an actual key in the download. It also had a 2.0 install, which I tried, but it asked to be inserted in df1: so I quickly downloaded the adf from this old comfuser, still same thing (asking for registration and won't allow me to change the background picture)

Also, not finding the main MagicWB program. I installed it on the MUI config/build. Maybe I adjust it from here? MUI?
oh, yes, MagicWB - another enhancer, maybe better than VisualPrefs.
something i didnt used for years, cannot they what the problem is, atm.
-> no key file but try this version
=====>>>> the MagicWB installer will overwrite all your exisiting icons , test it on a backup system only.
Quote:
Also looking for a copy of Modeler 3d to compliment VideoScape 3d.
hmm, have to look for that. not in my aegis folder

--> in the Zone: Modeler 3D (1988) (Stuart H. Ferguson) (req VideoScape).dms

there is ProMotion another tool for VideoScape.

Last edited by emufan; 09 December 2016 at 15:36.
Old 09 December 2016, 19:04   #96
JZon

Thank you. Thank you.

Got it.

Checking out now.

Just made DPaint5, OpalVision, & PhotonPaint taskbar shortcuts. Haven't made svg's yet. Will upload to the Zone! when complete.

J

out
Old 10 December 2016, 01:55   #97
JZon

Visual Prefs!

Nice.

I actually am liking this better than Magic WB. It gives me immediate results, a touch simpler or intuitive, and the install was smooth (when working out of cd ram: ) (It didn't like the Italian catalog) (Oh, and there's no annoying 'please register' splash screen)

I bought VideoScape 3D, back in '87 or so, I don't recall ProMotion. (weird) (About to check out now. Maybe some exposure will jar some memory)

Modeler 3D... It's funny, I had the same (mini) problem earlier, I thought I had it archived somewhere, when I go to check... It's empty! lol Not sure how that happened.

Did you check out the size, in the Zone! ? It's smaller than the DPaint4 svg. When I put it in the (emulated) disk drive, I thought I had put my (empty) copy inside. lol

Old 10 December 2016, 02:11   #98
emufan

Quote:
Nice.

I actually am liking this better than Magic WB. It gives me immediate results, a touch simpler or intuitive, and the install was smooth (when working out of cd ram: ) (It didn't like the Italian catalog) (Oh, and there's no annoying 'please register' splash screen)
visualprefs? once i have to play with it aswell. maybe i can pimp my workbench a bit too
Quote:
I bought VideoScape 3D, back in '87 or so, I don't recall ProMotion. (weird) (About to check out now. Maybe some exposure will jar some memory)
ProMotion is a animation tool for VideoScape, you prepare the animated scene with it, later you render it within VideoScape.
was a bit weird at the beginning, but i managed to looad the example set.

you have to use menu -> read and load the *.pset from example folder.
when finsihed you menu -> save it as a Videoscape file.

Quote:
Modeler 3D... It's funny, I had the same (mini) problem earlier, I thought I had it archived somewhere, when I go to check... It's empty! lol Not sure how that happened.
windows bugs
Quote:
Did you check out the size, in the Zone! ? It's smaller than the DPaint4 svg. When I put it in the (emulated) disk drive, I thought I had put my (empty) copy inside. lol
oh yep, with standard 512kb system ram, they had to code more efficient back in the days
Old 10 December 2016, 05:31   #99
JZon

Details make the difference

Modeler 3D has an assign for the user startup sequence. VideoScape 3D has multiple lines for the user startup sequence, one of which includes the Modeler 3D line. So I didn't add that one like it said. Then I added the usual startup line at the end. It's not starting on start up. (Just added Photon Paint to auto start no probs)

I wonder where the splash screen went wrong over time?

This picture should explain a thousand words...

Name:	VScape3DGoingsOn.PNG
Views:	151
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	51255

Old 10 December 2016, 14:40   #100
emufan

Quote:
I wonder where the splash screen went wrong over time?

This picture should explain a thousand words...
happens quite offten with those very old tools, incompatible with newer kickstart/workbench.
test the config i sent you and report how it's going.