English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 06 June 2005, 11:35   #1
Damage

WinUAe 1.0 Problem

I downloaded the new winuae 1.0 today i started it up created a hardfile but the problem is when i try to format it in workbench my computer starts going crazy. I have had this problem with earlier versions I do something that fixes the problem i dont know what it is because it does work sometimes can anyone help i am on a 2ghz athlon 768mb ram Cheers

Old 06 June 2005, 12:08   #2
Damage

forgot to mention i get this error fetch-state! = fetch_not_started

Old 06 June 2005, 12:24   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Does it only happen if bsdsocket is enabled? (I have seen similar reports but reason is unknown. most likely very hard to trace memory corruption..)
Old 06 June 2005, 13:01   #4
Damage

no i dont have it enabled

Old 10 June 2005, 13:50   #5
Damage

hmmm got this error today instead of the other one -: toscr_nbits > 16(20)

Old 10 June 2005, 13:54   #6
thomas

Try to delete the default.uae file, click on the "clear registry" button and use the quickstart menu to get a basic configuration. This should work anywhere.
Old 09 August 2005, 12:07   #7
Damage

After giving up with hardfiles for a while i decide to try my luck again tonight so I created a new hardfile and tried to format it still my graphics go crazy and the mouse appears in the middle of the screen (windows mouse that is). Messing around with the configuration for a while i found this result by unchecking the Cycle CPU exact option I can successfully format a hardfile with no problem with the option enabled i cant so at this point i was happy so i continued to install workbench when i ran into this problem. When the workbench installer completes it ask you to restart the amiga after doing so winuae completely shuts down. Not giving up, I kept trying to make it work so i tried something different like creating a smaller hardfile when i also discovered that the size of my hardfile may have been the problem because now it works i mean is the size of the hardfile you create important.

Anyways I am now happy everthing is working like it should

Great Emulator Cheers