English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 19 September 2014, 17:20   #701
mritter0

Config for 68K not working with beta 15/16.

Last edited by mritter0; 30 September 2014 at 00:30.
Old 19 September 2014, 18:31   #702
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mritter0 View Post
Config for 68K not working with beta 15/16.
Thanks, fixed in next beta.
Old 20 September 2014, 19:35   #703
AMIGASYSTEM

@Toni
Question: The CD ROM is not yet supported by WinUAE PPC Beta 16 (if I attach CD, OS4 does not start), now I do not know if you need to mount it with OS4.0 as it was on OS3. On OS4.1 Classic mounting the CD is automatically resides in this early boot as it happened in CD32.

Thanks
Old 20 September 2014, 19:52   #704
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
@Toni
Question: The CD ROM is not yet supported by WinUAE PPC Beta 16 (if I attach CD, OS4 does not start), now I do not know if you need to mount it with OS4.0 as it was on OS3. On OS4.1 Classic mounting the CD is automatically resides in this early boot as it happened in CD32.
Check other threads, you must use accelerator board SCSI and mount CD drive as SCSI unit or IDE. Not UAE (or CDFS automount) Only hardware emulated devices are supported with non-OS3 non-m68k compatible operating systems.
Old 20 September 2014, 23:51   #705
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Check other threads, you must use accelerator board SCSI
Well I could not figure out where to set "SCSI accelerator board" (I blame old age 60 years), now I have succeeded. Now I wanted to know how to handle the priority Boot (HDToolBox?), I noticed that if I add a Bootable ISO Amiga, this takes priority and part dell'HardFile instead, tried to change the ISO unit without any result. No problem if the ISO is Bootable as in the case of the screenshot (ISO AROS), the Hardfile has no problem to boot first.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 30 September 2014 at 21:07.
Old 21 September 2014, 09:20   #706
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Now I wanted to know how to handle the priority Boot (HDToolBox?), I noticed that if I add a Bootable ISO Amiga, this takes priority and part dell'HardFile instead, tried to change the ISO unit without any result. No problem if the ISO is Bootable as in the case of the screenshot (ISO AROS), the Hardfile has no problem to boot first.
This is CyberStorm PPC SCSI feature (bootable CD). I don't know (or care) how it is working, check manuals, check CSPPC boot menu etc
Old 21 September 2014, 12:08   #707
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2900b17.zip

Beta 17:

- Hard reset now forces reload of KS ROM if maprom is active, previously map rom mapped image was still in use after hard reset.
- Fixed some more Z3 autoconfig bugs introduced in recent betas autoconfig updates.
- Only add VirtualAlloc() MEM_TOP_DOWN flag when OS is XP. For some unknown reason with MEM_TOP_DOWN my system suddenly started giving less address space than without it..
- A1000 with full KS ROM configured (instead of A1000 boot strap ROM) didn't boot since b9.
- Reset didn't clear QEMU PPC JIT translation buffer, fixes mysterious hangs after reset.
- Added main thread sleep option slider to GUI, reduces CPU usage when M68K is stopped and only PPC is active.
- PPC CPU model can be manually configured using ppc_model=<name> config entry. Can be any QEMU supported
PPC CPU model name string. (Model strings are in qemu source file target-ppc/cpu-models.c)
- Automatically disable m68k JIT autoconfig hack if only PPC CPU is active when autoconfig starts after reset.
- Fixed WarpOS (possible PowerUP too) semi-random program hang caused by lost PPC interrupt(s).
- Allow m68k JIT direct with accelerator board if board is not Blizzard model (no Blizzard memory aliases) CyberStorm PPC + m68k JIT direct at least seems to work, no guarantees.

Important:

- QEMU PPC libraries are now loaded from <winuae path>\plugins\qemu\. Old location is not supported anymore. Move all qemu dependency libraries and qemu-uae.dll to new path.

PPC related posts should be here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=75062
Old 21 September 2014, 12:21   #708
AnnaWu

Quote:
- QEMU PPC libraries are now loaded from <winuae path>\plugins\qemu\. Old location is not supported anymore. Move all qemu dependency libraries and qemu-uae.dll to new path.
Thanks to cleanup the root.
Old 21 September 2014, 13:08   #709
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaWu View Post
Thanks to cleanup the root.
This was planned from the beginning but I need some time to test the best way to do it and to wait qemu-dll to mature first.
Old 21 September 2014, 13:56   #710
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Nice update, thanks toni.
I have set PPC model to G3, no my reset issue after kernel is fixed.
Ill keep playing, see what others work.

Is there anyway to tell if its picked up the CPU model? As there is no way to tell.

Scratch that, uaelog, shows it starts correct CPU.

Last edited by FOL; 21 September 2014 at 14:14.
Old 21 September 2014, 14:11   #711
Ami_GFX

FxPaint still doesn't work with WarpUp. It got to the point of starting to load and then froze. Used much more memory. Out of 148mb, 66 was available after FxPaint was launched.
Attached Files
File Type: uae A4KDOS31_PPC.uae (17.7 KB, 137 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (24.0 KB, 143 views)
Old 21 September 2014, 14:27   #712
thomas

Quote:
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2900b17.zip

Beta 17:

- Hard reset now forces reload of KS ROM if maprom is active, previously map rom mapped image was still in use after hard reset.
- Fixed some more Z3 autoconfig bugs introduced in recent betas autoconfig updates.
- Only add VirtualAlloc() MEM_TOP_DOWN flag when OS is XP. For some unknown reason with MEM_TOP_DOWN my system suddenly started giving less address space than without it..
- A1000 with full KS ROM configured (instead of A1000 boot strap ROM) didn't boot since b9.
- Reset didn't clear QEMU PPC JIT translation buffer, fixes mysterious hangs after reset.
- Added main thread sleep option slider to GUI, reduces CPU usage when M68K is stopped and only PPC is active.
- PPC CPU model can be manually configured using ppc_model=<name> config entry. Can be any QEMU supported
PPC CPU model name string. (Model strings are in qemu source file target-ppc/cpu-models.c)
- Automatically disable m68k JIT autoconfig hack if only PPC CPU is active when autoconfig starts after reset.
- Fixed WarpOS (possible PowerUP too) semi-random program hang caused by lost PPC interrupt(s).
- Allow m68k JIT direct with accelerator board if board is not Blizzard model (no Blizzard memory aliases) CyberStorm PPC + m68k JIT direct at least seems to work, no guarantees.

Important:

PPC related posts should be here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=75062

If qemu dll is missing, it issues a message, but when I click ok, it hangs and can only be quit with task manager.

Edit: RTG filter settings are applied to native screen mode. This seems to be an OS4 thing. ScreenMode says it's PAL Hires, but actually it is displayed through the RTG card.

Last edited by thomas; 21 September 2014 at 14:33.
Old 21 September 2014, 14:48   #713
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami_GFX View Post
FxPaint still doesn't work with WarpUp. It got to the point of starting to load and then froze. Used much more memory. Out of 148mb, 66 was available after FxPaint was launched.
Sorry but I can't help without having the program installation.
Old 21 September 2014, 15:03   #714
thomas

In OS4 WinUAE does not react any more if it lost focus (Alt-Tab or middle mouse button or the like). Only Ctrl-Alt-Del -> Task Manager -> Kill process helps out of this situation.
Old 21 September 2014, 16:44   #715
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami_GFX View Post
FxPaint (v2.02) was fixed with Beta16 for me and still seems to work ok with b17.
Old 21 September 2014, 17:31   #716
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
In OS4 WinUAE does not react any more if it lost focus (Alt-Tab or middle mouse button or the like). Only Ctrl-Alt-Del -> Task Manager -> Kill process helps out of this situation.
winuae.zip should fix it.
Old 21 September 2014, 17:57   #717
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Works well for me. From pink screen to OS4 backdrop= 40secs, previously took nearly a minute.

Reset works O.K. too.

Last edited by Arnie; 03 November 2014 at 13:30.
Old 21 September 2014, 18:02   #718
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
Works well for me. From pink screen to OS4 backdrop= 40secs, previously took nearly a minute.
Do you see any difference between different new CPU idle settings? Only need to check leftmost, second step from left and rightmost step.
Old 21 September 2014, 18:27   #719
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Quote:
Do you see any difference between different new CPU idle settings? Only need to check leftmost, second step from left and rightmost step.
It's 2sec quicker using 2nd step from left and 4sec quicker using rightmost step.

No noticeable difference in the speed of Workbench opening drawers.

I'm still new to OS4 so I don't know what programs to test with yet.
Old 21 September 2014, 18:29   #720
Schlachtwerk
68k RULEZ

Sometimes will FX Paint run realy fast and sometimes it is slow like hell oder will not start.