English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. System

Old 18 August 2018, 14:26   #2561
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
But kolla was talking about small square icons that appeared when dragging.
I think the problem mentioned by Kolla is the one shown in my video, if not, Kolla could post an exhaustive screenshot
Quote:
And in such a case my library could be responsible, but it needs some investigation first.
No AROS 68k does not use your library !
Old 18 August 2018, 14:34   #2562
AMIGASYSTEM

Peter I tried to install your library on AROS 68k and the result is not changed (see screnshot) in my opinion the fault is in the video card or something else.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 24 August 2018 at 08:45.
Old 18 August 2018, 14:48   #2563
PeterK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
I think the problem mentioned by Kolla is the one shown in my video, if not, Kolla could post an exhaustive screenshot
No AROS 68k does not use your library !
No, he was referring to small square dot icons, nothing like in your video. But ok, let's wait for his answer.

Your new screenshot shows that my library still seems to work, but the graphics corruption in the background of the dragged icon could be caused by the dragging routine of Wanderer or the AROS RTG driver as you said?

My dot icons are looking like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dots.png
Views:	94
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	59376  

Last edited by PeterK; 18 August 2018 at 15:00.
Old 18 August 2018, 15:00   #2564
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Your new screenshot shows that my library still seems to work,
If I remember well some time ago your library was not good, now if it works well it must have changed something or in your library or AROS 68k system update
Old 18 August 2018, 15:09   #2565
PeterK

Quote:
If I remember well some time ago your library was not good, now if it works well it must have changed something or in your library or AROS 68k system update
Many years ago, maybe 4 or 5 years, my library was not working at all in Aros 68k, because the Aros pen handling was incompatible with AmigaOS and still is. I made a workaround for that problem at that time and my library was working with DOpus5 at least, but Wanderer was still a problem. I guess, Wanderer has been improved in the last years, although I never tried it again. The Aros Vision website has been taken down from the net by the author, because the German laws have changed recently.
Old 18 August 2018, 15:20   #2566
AMIGASYSTEM

Peter as said Aros Vision is different AROS 68k which at the moment is only a Nightly Build (ABI-v1), if you want to try the ISO on WinUAE you can download it from here:

http://aros.sourceforge.net/nightly1.php
Old 18 August 2018, 16:01   #2567
kolla
Banned

Quote:
My dot icons are looking like this:
Yes, like that, when marked/activated/dragged (if I recall correctly, it has been a few months.)

The reason to use your library was that DOpus5 appears to have compatibility issues with AROS icon.library, and it was also a little surprising to see LoadModule work with AROS. But since it did, I had to also try loading scsi.device with LoadModule, and that suddenly made it able to boot on the MiSTer...
Old 18 August 2018, 16:27   #2568
PeterK

Which Aros distribution was that and where can I download it? Sorry, I don't know anything about MiSTer yet.
Quote:
Yes, like that, when marked/activated/dragged ...
Then it's very likely that the delayed loading of the second image doesn't work on your Aros version, because something is different in the blitter handling. In such a case it's the best to try my "NoDelayedImage2" instruction, inserted somewhere above LoadWB.

Last edited by PeterK; 18 August 2018 at 17:13.
Old 18 August 2018, 17:46   #2569
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Which AIn such a case it's the best to try my "NoDelayedImage2" instruction, inserted somewhere above LoadWB.
AROS 68k no longer uses LoadWB but uses the Wanderer command, not to be confused with Wanderer which is in Prefs, see scrennshot

Tried to put in the user-startup "NoDelayedImage2" and the problem I reported remains

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 24 August 2018 at 08:45.
Old 18 August 2018, 17:56   #2570
PeterK

Dear Carlo,
NoDelayedImage2 was meant to be a possible solution for kolla's "small square dot" icon problem, I'm sorry, not for your graphics corruption, which is a totally different bug.

I'm already trying to install your Aros 68k system, but WinUAE always crashes when a certain file from Prefs/Presets is copied from the ISO to the HDF, a wallpaper with "ArosCrap" in the name !!, when 93 % of Prefs is done.

Last edited by PeterK; 18 August 2018 at 18:09.
Old 18 August 2018, 18:00   #2571
AMIGASYSTEM

I had the doubt that it was so, but I think my problem will be solved, a long time ago it also happened on AROS x86
Old 18 August 2018, 23:14   #2572
kolla
Banned

Quote:
Which Aros distribution was that and where can I download it? Sorry, I don't know anything about MiSTer yet.
It was an AROS nightly build with just DOpus5.91 on it.
And sorry, MiSTer is one of the many FPGA Minimig successor.

Quote:
Then it's very likely that the delayed loading of the second image doesn't work on your Aros version, because something is different in the blitter handling. In such a case it's the best to try my "NoDelayedImage2" instruction, inserted somewhere above LoadWB.
Noted, I will give it a go later, and in my case it is actually neither LoadWB nor Wanderer, it is LoadDB, lol

I had the idea that I can make an AROS variant of your icon demo floppies, a minimalistic boot image with all the relevant AROS desktops, and all the icons from your ADFs, so that testing can be done more easily. (Hm, it should even be possible to have automatic building of such an image from nightly snapshots.)
Old 18 August 2018, 23:47   #2573
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolla View Post
It was an AROS nightly build with just DOpus5.91 on it.
They do not exist AROS Nightly Build with extra software installed nor with DOpus5, probably yours was a variant of the Distro ArosVision

AROS 68k has LoadWB in C but you can not use it anymore "individually" because Wanderer also starts some Prefs. If you use LoadWB instead of Wanderer you will not have a background, some preferences and problems in managing the icons.
Old 19 August 2018, 12:25   #2574
kolla
Banned

Quote:
They do not exist AROS Nightly Build with extra software installed nor with DOpus5
Can you please stop peddling in between all the time?!

I had exactly what I wrote, AROS nightly, with Directory Opus Magellan 5.91.
Old 19 August 2018, 12:38   #2575
PeterK

Unfortunately, I still couldn't install the nightly Aros on my PC completely. WinUAE always crashes exactly at the same file when the copying comes to Prefs/Presets/Pattern/Wallpapers, no matter if I use Jit, non-Jit, 020 or 040. I can however display all these wallpaper images without any problems when I mount the ISO image. And the HDF is also readable and working as far as the copying was done. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here ???

kolla, did you already try "NoDelayedImage2" ?
Old 19 August 2018, 13:00   #2576
kolla
Banned

Quote:
That fixed it!
Old 19 August 2018, 13:10   #2577
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Unfortunately, I still couldn't install the nightly Aros on my PC completely. WinUAE always crashes exactly at the same file when the copying comes to Prefs/Presets/Pattern/Wallpapers

This Crash, some time ago I had encountered a similar problem with a new Night but then it was my fault that I was distracted, HERE is the discussion that can help you.
Old 19 August 2018, 13:10   #2578
PeterK

Ok, nice, but still strange, because DOpus5 should always use the same blitter calls on all different systems, which I'm trying to capture with my gfx-patches for the delayed images and also for the direct drawing. So if you have a gfx-card the direct drawing may not work, too. Only the 256 color mapping mode may work now.
Old 19 August 2018, 13:53   #2579
PeterK

Quote:
This Crash, some time ago I had encountered a similar problem with a new Night but then it was my fault that I was distracted, HERE is the discussion that can help you.
No, that's not the problem, the RDB mode is enabled, and I can even explicitly format the HDF in Wanderer before I start the installation. The HDF gets visible, but the installation still crashes WinUAE when the coping comes to wallpapers. The only difference I've seen in AMIGASYSTEMS' installation is the fact that he uses SFS and not FFS for the HDF. But the installer reformats the HDF anyway with what it wants to be the filesystem.
Old 19 August 2018, 14:02   #2580
kolla
Banned

Mmm, I used AmigaOS scsi.device 43.45 and pfs3aio for my AROS installation