English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 09 January 2016, 17:11   #1
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

WinUAE 3.3.0 beta series

WinUAE 3.3.0 beta series

--

Main rule: Before reporting, make sure bug is NOT in previous offical version. It must be unique to this beta series! (If it is -> post in separate thread). No feature requests.

More information: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=861456&postcount=1.

--

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_3300b1.7z
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae64_3300b1.7z

Game Ports panel custom mapping finally makes sense.

First phase of hardware based host/emulation interface done. uae-configuration is now OS4 compatible. Add "uaeboard_mode=1" to config file to enable it.

Beta 1:

- Added extra validation checks for STORAGE_DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR, buggy drivers may return invalid (negative) offset values.
- 64-bit JIT harmless "Warning! 12 is locked" log spamming disabled.
- Updated copper/blitter cycle conflict emulation. It only triggers when CPU writes to COPJMP, Copper is waiting and Copper DMA is enabled (and blitter uses same cycle). If Copper DMA was off, bug won't trigger, even if DMA gets
enabled few cycles later. Copper bug emulation is again always enabled if 68000 and cycle-exact config.
- Cancel main thread sleep state immediately (Sleep due to CPU idle or similar) if PPC thread caused mainboard interrupt. This should reduce PPC to M68K interrupt emulation latency.
- Hardware RTG emulation rendered same frame twice in some situations. Caused very slow performance in triple buffered mode.
- Debugger keyboard presses were buffered and output to Amiga-side when debugger was exited.
- Starting disk DMA does not flush Paula internal 16 bit buffer. Poll DSKBYTR for DSKSYNC, immediately start disk DMA with WORDSYNC enabled: following sync word must not be missed. (Original Virus really slow loading in cycle-exact mode)
- Chip ram was marked as 16-bit Fast RAM for the CPU (no DMA contention emulation) if any memwatch point was active.
- Amithlon partition type (0x78/0x30) support was broken, partitions were detected but it was not possible to mount them.
- Added SX32 Pro board and ROM image. (Not all RAM sizes are correctly mapped)
- Only unmap Z3 Fast RAM at reset if Z3 mapping mode is "Real" for better compatibility with old configs that assume Z3 RAM does not temporarily disappear at boot.
- JIT on/off on the fly change without other CPU settings changed at the same time with uae-configuration didn't work.
- Hardware emulation autoconfig board UAE interface first working feature: uae-configuration now works under OS4 Requires also updated uae-configuration, interface can also work under other non-m68k AmigaOS operating systems, only requirement is simple native uae-configuration port. Interface design is not final yet.
- If CSPPC or BPPC is booted with empty or zero size flash rom image, fake resident idtag is automatically added that fools official flash rom updater to detect working board, "updating" the empty flash with full image (updater contains full flash rom image in encrypted format)
- Debugger memwatch points can now match only CPU instruction (CPUI) or only CPU data accesses (CPUD, CPUDR, CPUDW)
- "Heat map" debugger added, shows optional visual heatmap of CPU and DMA accesses. Can list highest addresses used by CPU instruction fetches or all addresses that single device accessed (Some DMA channel, CPU)
- Some AGA modes were incorrectly detected as bitplane DMA overrunning causing screen corruption.
- AROS ROM updated.

Input system and mapping updates:

- Added SPC_SWAPJOYPORTS input event, swaps gameports joystick ports.
- Added END+J default mapping = SPC_SWAPJOYPORTS.
- Device autoswitch didn't ignore button release without matching press.
- Device autoswitch switches to new Game Ports custom event if it has fire button mapped to mouse or gamepad.
- "WinUAE null keyboard" renamed to "WinUAE keyboard", this is now the default global virtual keyboard. GamePorts panel only uses this keyboard, multiple keyboards are only supported in Input panel mode and only if manually enabled. Reduces complexity and confusion when moving configurations between systems with different number of keyboards.
- Game Ports custom mapping rewritten. Now Game Ports list has 6 custom slots which can me inserted to any joystick port. New custom mapping data is also saved to separate config entries, one per slot.
- Old Game Ports custom config is automatically converted to new custom mapping system.
- Removed X-Arcade built-in layouts. Re-create them with new custom mapping system if needed.
- Cleared custom input event string equals setting event to "<none>".
- Fixed since the beginning bug that caused incorrectly matched input device(s) and input config when config was loaded with different connected input devices and order of devices was also different.
- Rewritten game ports validation (Detect and fix if same device in multiple ports etc..).
- Old config files should still work like previously except: game Ports custom mapping and first keyboard input config goes to WinUAE keyboard slot.
- Last few Game Ports panel inserted devices (layout or real input device) are remembered. For example if config is loaded with joypad A inserted in port 2 but pad is not plugged in, then user manually changes it to joypad B. Now if pad A is later reinserted and pad B is removed, A is automatically put in port 2. It also works with keyboard layouts or new custom layouts, if keyboard layout was previously selected, then it was later replaced with gamepad, if gamepad is unplugged on the fly, previous keyboard layout is automatically selected.

EDIT: Last minute bug found, Game Ports panel keyboard layouts A/B/C do not load correctly from config file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip uae-configuration.zip (662 Bytes, 871 views)

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 09 January 2016 at 22:28.
Old 09 January 2016, 19:02   #2
sigma63

Hello Toni,

very nice, i'll give it try very soon. Thank you very much.

Will you publish the SX-32-ROM?
If not, i own a SX-32Pro and could dump the ROM. Can you please tell me the address?

Cheers

OK, found it in the Zone now - i was too fast

Last edited by TCD; 09 January 2016 at 20:32. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 09 January 2016, 19:46   #3
AnnaWu

Thanks for the nice update and DCE ROM.
Old 09 January 2016, 20:01   #4
BarryB
Amigaholic

Virus now loading in around 48 seconds (32bit WinUAE), you said you'd fix it in the next release so thanks
Old 09 January 2016, 23:48   #5
sigma63

OK, i played a little bit with the new SX32-Pro Accelerator.

I have some Questions. Bcause there is no Quickstart for CD32 with this SX32-Pro-Baby, you have to configure all by hand. After you selected the Accelerator in Expansions as DCE/SX32Pro und selecting the apropriate ROM-File, you must manualy change the CPU to 68030 and MMU enabled. Additionally there is neither the Clock-Chip nor the IDE-Interface activated. So i guess, i have to manually select them also.
But wich ones shall i select?
Old 10 January 2016, 07:18   #6
AMIGASYSTEM

Toni Hello and thank you for this new update, now I have two stupid questions to clarify things.

The file uae-configuration (I think that should just be copied to the directory of WinUAE), what it contains exactly? parameter "uaeboard_mode=1" Only add configurations OS4 or to all?

About SX32 (i have a Real CD32 with SX32 expansion), WinUAE previously without SX32 already he had the support of the floppy drive, Now with the expansion of what has changed?
Old 10 January 2016, 09:19   #7
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma63 View Post
OK, i played a little bit with the new SX32-Pro Accelerator.

I have some Questions. Bcause there is no Quickstart for CD32 with this SX32-Pro-Baby, you have to configure all by hand. After you selected the Accelerator in Expansions as DCE/SX32Pro und selecting the apropriate ROM-File, you must manualy change the CPU to 68030 and MMU enabled. Additionally there is neither the Clock-Chip nor the IDE-Interface activated. So i guess, i have to manually select them also.
But wich ones shall i select?
SX32Pro from emulation point of view has only different memory expansion and boot rom is only used to add the RAM (There are no drivers). This is the only unique part that gets emulated when SX32Pro is selected.

Everything else is standard, Gayle IDE (A1200) and so on. Enable them manually.

You don't even need SX32Pro to fully enable IDE or clock or whatever in CD32 emulation. Standard KS ROM supports them.
Old 10 January 2016, 09:22   #8
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
The file uae-configuration (I think that should just be copied to the directory of WinUAE), what it contains exactly? parameter "uaeboard_mode=1" Only add configurations OS4 or to all?
Copy uae-configuration your OS4 HDF.

There is no point to enable uaeboard mode in non-OS4 configurations at this time and there is no guarantee config entry won't change.

Quote:
About SX32 (i have a Real CD32 with SX32 expansion), WinUAE previously without SX32 already he had the support of the floppy drive, Now with the expansion of what has changed?
Nothing has changed.

See above. SX32/SX32Pro only adds missing hardware (floppy port), drivers are in normal KS ROM.
Old 10 January 2016, 10:01   #9
AnnaWu

Is the config (IDE not enabled) for the CD32 and DCE SX32-Pro expansion ok?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Amiga CD32 Cannon Fodder +.zip (3.0 KB, 318 views)
Old 10 January 2016, 11:02   #10
vagrant

The latest beta did not recognize the custom gamepad mapping I have set on all my configs. Manually setting the custom events again and saving works fine, but I have about 12 configs I need the changes appended to
What lines do I need to copy over to reflect the change on all my configs?

I tried pasting everything from this point, but it didn't work:
Code:
input.1.joystick.0.friendlyname=USB Input Device
input.1.joystick.0.name=\\?\HID#VID_6666&PID_0667#7&ce73903&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
input.1.joystick.0.empty=false
input.1.joystick.0.disabled=false
input.1.joystick.0.button.0=NULL,JOY2_CD32_YELLOW.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.1=NULL,JOY2_CD32_BLUE.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.2=JOY2_FIRE_BUTTON.0,JOY2_CD32_RED.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.3=JOY2_CD32_GREEN.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.5=KEY_SPACE.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.6=JOY2_CD32_RWD.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.7=JOY2_CD32_FFW.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.8=SPC_PAUSE.0
input.1.joystick.0.button.11=JOY2_CD32_PLAY.0
Old 10 January 2016, 11:33   #11
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED-209 View Post
The latest beta did not recognize the custom gamepad mapping I have set on all my configs. Manually setting the custom events again and saving works fine, but I have about 12 configs I need the changes appended to
What lines do I need to copy over to reflect the change on all my configs?
Attach whole non-working config file. It is a bug if they don't work.
Old 10 January 2016, 12:07   #12
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
EDIT: Last minute bug found, Game Ports panel keyboard layouts A/B/C do not load correctly from config file.
Hello Toni,

Wow, you've made a lot of changes

I can confirm that the autoswap port issue that I reported here http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=80804 is now fixed

One thing I noticed with remembering the last game ports used. 95% of my configs have "Port 1 = Windows mouse and Port 2 = Keyboard Layout B". The other remaining ones mainly have "Port 1 = Keyboard Layout A and Port 2 = Keyboard Layout B and sometime something else".

If I load any of these "Port 1 = Windows mouse and Port 2 = Keyboard Layout B" configs the Windows mouse will still be in Port 1 (I guess because it's remembering the last ports used)

Is this the bug you've mentioned above?
Old 10 January 2016, 12:26   #13
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaWu View Post
Yes and no. SX32Pro + FMV is not really possible with real hardware
Switch also off CDFS automount and uaescsi.device. They should not be enabled in CD32 emulation. (At least if you want hardware CD32 emulation without any side-effects)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Is this the bug you've mentioned above?
Yes.
Old 10 January 2016, 12:46   #14
vagrant

Ok Toni, my standard A500 config attached
Attached Files
File Type: uae A500 OCS 512 Chip, 512 Fast.uae (19.4 KB, 403 views)
Old 10 January 2016, 12:57   #15
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Yes.
Ok cool

So I should just wait for the next beta then where it will be fixed? Cheers Toni.
Old 10 January 2016, 13:03   #16
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Ciao Anna, i saw your config, and I noticed that you have not configured the RAM i on my CD-SX32 Real I have 16MB (I can not remember exactly what disables the increase RAM)
Regarding the CD-Rom on my CD-SX32 Real I live with both hardware (CD0), that the software (CD1)
Old 10 January 2016, 14:08   #17
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED-209 View Post
Ok Toni, my standard A500 config attached
I can't find anything wrong.

Test: download http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z load your config. Quit, attach winuaebootlog.txt.

Quote:
So I should just wait for the next beta then where it will be fixed? Cheers Toni.
Above link should fix keyboard layout bug, please confirm.
Old 10 January 2016, 15:09   #18
AnnaWu

Thank you for your suggestion, Toni.
I was thinking FMV is ok because amiga.resource.cx was talking about the expansion port for the FMV module.
Maybe I misunderstood something.

@AMIGASYSTEM

My config use 64MB (max.) of the Accelerator board memory.
Not sure it is the same like using the original SX32-Pro hardware.
Old 10 January 2016, 15:23   #19
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Thank you for your suggestion, Toni.
I was thinking FMV is ok because amiga.resource.cx was talking about the expansion port for the FMV module.
Maybe I misunderstood something.
Both expansions use same connector, physically impossible to connect both at the same time.

Quote:
My config use 64MB (max.) of the Accelerator board memory.
Not sure it is the same like using the original SX32-Pro hardware.
64M probably is currently the only memory size that works in emulation.

btw, "Uses Akiko for DMA transfers" (for HD) mentioned in amiga.resource.cx and others is not true. It is normal Gayle IDE with normal KS ROM driver.
Old 10 January 2016, 15:26   #20
AnnaWu

That makes sense, thanks again Toni.