English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 25 June 2006, 01:17   #1
adgloride
Amiga Mod Chipper

A1200 tower problems

I have aquired 2 A1200 towers and have started having problems. The mouse was working perfectly on either tower and now I can only get the left and right mouse buttons to work. The mouse worked perfectly before. I have tried the mouse in a normal A1200 and it works correctly, so the mouse is not faulty. One of the towers uses a mediator board which has a voodoo graphics card.

I've tried the towers with accelerator added and removed. All I've done with the tower is added a bigger 3.5" harddrive (20gb) and a CD rom drive. On the tower with the mediator board I've also had problems with fitting an accelerator. When its fit all I get is a purple screen, the accelerator works perfectly on the other A1200 tower. Just wondered if anyone had any idea whats wrong?
Old 25 June 2006, 14:04   #2
adgloride
Amiga Mod Chipper

Managed to get the mouse port working again. The IDE interface I had came out of the tower and I refitted it. Must have put it on the wrong pins thats why the mouse wasn't working. Its working fine now. Problems I still have though

My original 1gb 3.5" harddrive is working but the Maxtor 3.5" 20gb harddrive can not be detected when I try to install it using the workbench install disc. I was hoping to install workbench 3.1 on it, then get the full 20gb when I installed OS 3.9. Is their a way of detecting it? Maybe another harddrive installer thats better?

The next problem is the CD-Rom drive won't detect. I have tried my OS 3.9 emergency disc and I get a SCSI not found error. The IDE interface I'm using is similar to the one I had installed in my Amiga 1200 to run an exteral dvd drive, the settings should work. When I try installing IDEFix it gets onto the menu and after a few options I get a unknown error.

The final problem is the accelerator card, If I get a black screen nothing will boot on the amiga tower. Just wondering if it has anything to do with the mediator card I've got installed. The accelerator is an Apollo.

EDIT: I just tried my blizzard accelerator and that now works The main problem I think is IDEFix not installing and throwing up the unknown error before letting me choose the installation directory. I have done a test install and that works fine. Anyone any ideas what is wrong with IDEFix? If I can get the cd rom drive working all my problems should be gone.

Last edited by adgloride; 25 June 2006 at 18:03.
Old 25 June 2006, 23:23   #3
adgloride
Amiga Mod Chipper

I managed to get this all working now. I messed around with another program similar to IDEFix and after putting some of the files of this program on the harddrive, IDEFix decided to install. It detected the CD rom drive but it turns out the CD rom drive wasn't reading CDs. It would not show the icon. I borrowed a CD rom from my pc and that worked fine. Everything is working apart from the sounds not 100%, I think its something to do with the mediator software, a soundcard and speakers shoud sort that out.

I've been trying to install the 20gb harddrive and it still won't detect it even in OS 3.9. I've come to the conclusion that the harddrives are incompatable with the Amiga.
Old 25 June 2006, 23:29   #4
keropi

oh good that u solved all your probs! 2 more amigas to count!