English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 27 March 2018, 20:45   #81
solidcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bprepared View Post
A problem with the V-sync line is what I think too, hence the belling out, but no joy there, all seemed good, but I didn't check for a short to ground due to being very tired and frustrated before packing up to head back to my normal place of residence, will be having another look tonight.
Perhaps have a chat with kipper, he may have come across this one before however it's so similar to issues I've had it's strange maybe both our cd32 doing
It ??? But you say it's fine to a tv ? . Email me for the details of the channel.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 28 March 2018, 00:24   #82
Stedy

Hi,

If you copied my circuit exactly (using the 1G97 devices) what did you set the jumper to?

Jumper off = Minimig SCART with CSYNC for a TV or GBS-8200.
Jumper on = regular H/V Sync for an RGB monitor or scan doubler.

Ian
Old 28 March 2018, 09:03   #83
Bprepared

Thanks Stedy, but the problem was manifesting on standard Amiga scart as well as the Minimig one so jumper issues it was not.
But problem solved! it was a duff 1G97 Logic chip which was screwing with raw C-Sync signal, so a little heat to lift it and tested using the Amiga Scart and we were back in business with a clean picture, new chip down and we have a working finished board
Figured it had to be something of that nature since I had already verified the circuit on the Rev2 board (the one with the wrong PIC pinout) which was 95% populated and working fine.
@Solidcore, I'll drop a kit for you in post this week for testing, haven't experimented with the shorting of PGM (Pin 11 on SSOP package) to Gnd yet for HVP, so would you like me to solder a chip down and pre-program, or would like to do the honors?
Old 28 March 2018, 12:28   #84
solidcore

Quote:
@Solidcore, I'll drop a kit for you in post this week for testing, haven't experimented with the shorting of PGM (Pin 11 on SSOP package) to Gnd yet for HVP, so would you like me to solder a chip down and pre-program, or would like to do the honors?
Thank you mate! glad you got it all working, interesting as well. it's Probably best you pre-program the chip mate - everything else I'll solder no worry but for programming her i'd rather not spend a weekend doing that on the clone k150 lmao . I'll send ya a wee little thing back in the post back that you'll like if my design turns out ok waiting on chips to verify booo!
Old 01 May 2018, 01:05   #85
AmigaWolf

Bprepared When do you have the FireBird FB-32G Rev 2 riser boards for the Amiga CD32 ready?
Old 01 May 2018, 09:49   #86
Bprepared

@AmigaWolf
The board is ready, more or less. I've had alot going on the last few weeks with my business and personal life so I hadn't got around finalising and pricing up the kits.
I did recently find that the Minimig scart doesn't work perfectly with older LCD TV's which aren't 3.3V sync compatable, every 10 secs or so the screen blanks for 0.5 seconds, so I am thinking about adding another jumper so that this can be switched back to 5V when needed so as to improve compatability of the minimig port for all TV's. If this feature isn't important to you I could ship you one of my Rev 2.1 boards once I price the kit this week.
Old 01 May 2018, 14:22   #87
AmigaWolf

Quote:
@AmigaWolf
The board is ready, more or less. I've had alot going on the last few weeks with my business and personal life so I hadn't got around finalising and pricing up the kits.
I did recently find that the Minimig scart doesn't work perfectly with older LCD TV's which aren't 3.3V sync compatable, every 10 secs or so the screen blanks for 0.5 seconds, so I am thinking about adding another jumper so that this can be switched back to 5V when needed so as to improve compatability of the minimig port for all TV's. If this feature isn't important to you I could ship you one of my Rev 2.1 boards once I price the kit this week.

I can still wait a few weeks, it's not a problem, any idea what they gone cost?

And great to see still people making stuff for the trusty old Amiga computers
AdSense AdSense