English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 17 May 2017, 21:26   #1
Crashdisk

Floppy disk Amiga Forever 7 (2017)

Upgrading to Amiga Forever 7 (2017):
  • The Tools/Options dialog contains several new tabs, sections and settings, including new controls for emulation, input, graphics and audio. The help tips make it easy to explore the new options: just pause the pointer over the desired feature to view context-specific help.
  • All general keyboard shortcuts (escape, pause, turbo, screen capture, etc.) are now grouped in the General section, under Tools/Options/Input.
  • General (not title-specific) game controller options can also be set in Tools/Options/Input. These global settings are defined as profiles, with features dedicated to standard game controllers (e.g. joysticks), keyboard layouts (e.g. direction and fire keys which can be used if your PC doesn't have a joystick) and arcade controllers (including presets for X-Arcade and I-PAC devices). Input profiles provide abstraction and increased compatibility, as they can be used and changed at runtime without having to modify actual titles, while retaining preferences even if the hardware changes. The individual titles retain maximum portability across systems.
  • To edit title-specific input settings, right-click a title, select Edit, and open the Input tab. Emulated devices and buttons can be reconfigured here, if necessary (e.g. to swap joystick ports or fire buttons on a per-title basis). New input options include multitap ports (i.e. extra joystick adapters). Virtual buttons make it possible to fire keyboard actions based on host game controller actions, e.g. to joystick-enable non-joystick games, or to use extra controller buttons for titles that used a mix of joystick and keyboard controls. Autofire (more broadly, autorepeat, as it works on any key) can be enabled and adjusted here as well. If you are curating content for mobile and touch-screen playback, mark buttons that are not used as Unused.
  • The main player window can now be closed without affecting any open emulation sessions (playback windows).
  • Titles launched from Windows File Explorer now just open the playback window, without also opening the main player window. Use the "Open main window" button at the top left of the playback window to open (or close) the main player interface.
  • All emulation environments now support Type Clipboard Text (in the Tools menu of the playback window), which "pastes" clipboard text by simulating fast keyboard typing. The feature is Unicode-aware and automatically translates between different host and guest keyboard layouts. Support for Japanese Commodore systems is included as well. To set the guest keyboard layout, right-click the title, select Edit, and select the Guest layout in the Input tab. For Amiga systems, you need to make sure that this matches the layout set via SetMap or SetKeyboard. For CBM systems, the correct ROM is automatically used based on the title selection.
  • If you have a very fast (or very slow) system, you can manually adjust the Typematic rate setting under Tools/Options/Emulation.
  • The default internal audio frequency can now be switched between 44.1 and 48 kHz with the new Tools/Options/Emulation/Audio/Preferred Sample Rate setting. If you are aiming for perfect sound quality, you can adjust this to minimize resampling overhead, taking into account the native frequency of the sound board.
  • The new Show Manifest/Show Changes button in the title editor helps power users be in full control of configuration, description and other details.
  • Fancy autostarting Windows into your favorite Amiga (or CBM) configuration? Just drag and drop the title over the Autostart playlist. The title will be launched in fullscreen on startup. For more information on automatic logon, see Booting a PC into Workbench (or C64, or PET/CBM...)
Old 18 May 2017, 00:31   #2
Pyromania

Update sounds very nice.
Old 18 May 2017, 01:17   #3
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Old 18 May 2017, 10:11   #4
celco

Thanks for the info. Sounds very nice. I checked the AmigaForever site but couldn't find the new version yet.
Old 18 May 2017, 11:15   #5
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celco View Post
Thanks for the info. Sounds very nice. I checked the AmigaForever site but couldn't find the new version yet.
Or me, probably an update via the software only?
Old 18 May 2017, 13:41   #6
LieutLaww

Well it isn't available yet as I did an update check earlier
Old 18 May 2017, 16:41   #7
Viceroy

I have just updated an hour ago
Old 18 May 2017, 17:17   #8
celco

@Viceroy
Ehh, how did you do that?
I just checked updates and nothing is available, but I suppose people should pay for the 2017 version. There is nothing mentioned on their site about the new version
Old 18 May 2017, 19:33   #9
Viceroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by celco View Post
@Viceroy
Ehh, how did you do that?
I just checked updates and nothing is available, but I suppose people should pay for the 2017 version. There is nothing mentioned on their site about the new version
Clicked on updates (Check Now)
Did 3 updates. Doesn't mention 2017 mind!
Old 18 May 2017, 19:35   #10
Goggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
Clicked on updates (Check Now)
Did 3 updates
Nope... Nope... Nope...
Old 18 May 2017, 19:40   #11
Goggles

Any screen shots or other corroborating evidence to share? There's no indication anywhere online (official or otherwise) that this update exists. When I check for updates, I get nothing - My software is up to date...
Old 18 May 2017, 19:42   #12
Viceroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggles View Post
Any screen shots or other corroborating evidence to share? There's no indication anywhere online (official or otherwise) that this update exists. When I check for updates, I get nothing - My software is up to date...
It did 3 updates but doesn't mention 2017 version! Version 2016.0.24.0
Old 18 May 2017, 19:45   #13
Viceroy

http://www.indieretronews.com/2017/0...oanto-has.html
Old 18 May 2017, 19:48   #14
Goggles

Quote:
That's a screenshot from a previous version - the old UI... Since you've done the upgrade, can you share some screenshots of your system running 2017?
Old 18 May 2017, 19:50   #15
Viceroy

Quote:
That's a screenshot from a previous version - the old UI... Since you've done the upgrade, can you share some screenshots of your system running 2017?
It was posted today the screenshot means nothing but the write up does
Old 18 May 2017, 19:51   #16
Viceroy

Quote:
If you read my previous posts properly I had 3 updates but doesn't mention 2017!
Old 18 May 2017, 19:54   #17
Goggles

Also, in the About window, mine says "Free updates until: 2016 series" so this very likely a paid upgrade... At least for mine - Amiga Forever 2016 Plus edition, version 2016.0.27.0
Old 18 May 2017, 19:58   #18
Goggles

Quote:
If you read my previous posts properly I had 3 updates but doesn't mention 2017!
Yep, I misread your post... Apologies - So you're still on 2016 like the rest of us then... Hmmm... Wonder where Indie Retro News got the story? Cloanto hasn't announced anything and their site still shows the 2016 versions as the only ones available...
Old 18 May 2017, 20:04   #19
Viceroy

Quote:
Yep, I misread your post... Apologies - So you're still on 2016 like the rest of us then... Hmmm... Wonder where Indie Retro News got the story? Cloanto hasn't announced anything and their site still shows the 2016 versions as the only ones available...
Sorry for the confusion ;-) I must have not installed last 3 updates, only did it today when I read this

Last edited by Viceroy; 18 May 2017 at 20:19.
Old 18 May 2017, 20:31   #20
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
You have noticed the thread poster and info right?

Also - Last Update: 2017-05-17 It has been updated recently