English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 26 November 2010, 00:45   #1
Mogilny

80s text adventure game

This one is pretty vague and probably fits alot of games since I don't remember much about it but it's worth a try atleast.

What I do remember is that it was a one disc game for the Amiga, I played it in the end of the 80s and it was a text adventure and not the kind like Police Quest but everything was text. I think the background was black and I'm not sure what time the game took place in but it wasn't modern times. You moved around by writing "north", "south" etc and the only thing I remember from the game was that pretty early in the game I met a trader out in nowhere. I think he had a wagon but I might remember wrongly. I do remember I could hit him once (which I found fun as a kid) but if I hit him more he would give me a whooping.

That's all I can come up with.
Old 26 November 2010, 00:48   #2
s2325
Zone Friend

try
http://hol.abime.net/102
http://hol.abime.net/322
http://hol.abime.net/5530
Old 26 November 2010, 01:00   #3
Mogilny

Thanks, the game looked like Zork but the name doesn't ring a bell. Now I remember that the commands was the same as the ones used on the screenshot i.e. "n", "s", "look". I do realize that this probably doesn't narrow it down much. I have some vague recollection of the game taking part during the colonial period in America but it might be wrong.
Old 26 November 2010, 01:46   #4
s2325
Zone Friend

all text adventures here: http://hol.abime.net/hol_search.php?...subcategory=19
but it could be also PD game
Old 26 November 2010, 17:17   #5
Leffmann

The game you're looking for is The Pawn. If you do a search for "Magnetix" you can find a modern reimplentation of this game engine, and the game files for The Pawn, so you can play it on Windows or OS X as well.
Old 26 November 2010, 20:09   #6
Khyron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
The game you're looking for is The Pawn. If you do a search for "Magnetix" you can find a modern reimplentation of this game engine, and the game files for The Pawn, so you can play it on Windows or OS X as well.
Everything needed is here..
http://msmemorial.if-legends.org/magnetic.htm
Old 27 November 2010, 14:07   #7
Mogilny

Thanks guys. I think my memory is to vague to figure out which game it is. It can be anyone of the suggested games.
Old 27 November 2010, 15:48   #8
Leffmann

Thanks Khyron, that was the page I was thinking of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogilny View Post
Thanks guys. I think my memory is to vague to figure out which game it is. It can be anyone of the suggested games.
The Pawn is a text adventure in the style you described, and it does have a merchant with a wagon in the beginning of the game, whom you can hit once but not twice, or he kills you.
Old 27 November 2010, 16:45   #9
Mogilny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
Thanks Khyron, that was the page I was thinking of.

The Pawn is a text adventure in the style you described, and it does have a merchant with a wagon in the beginning of the game, whom you can hit once but not twice, or he kills you.
Oh, then that's probably the game. Didn't recognize the pics from the game when I watched it on youtube but it was probably because I didn't get very far because I was so young. Thanks alot!