English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 02 May 2002, 02:17   #1
Henrik

Unhappy Fullscreen prob. in 640X480.

I'm experiencing problems with getting the whole image centered on the screen in 640X480, and alot of other screensizes aswell.
Part of the Amigascreen is lacking both in width and height. I'm using WinUAE ver. 0.8.8 Release 8. These are my current settings, Correct Aspect, Full Screen, Full Screen RTG, Linemode Doubled, Centering Horizontal Vertical, Chipset Full ECS.

Does anybody have a clue how to get it fixed?

Old 02 May 2002, 14:18   #2
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

For my A500 config (which I assume you are refering to, because you mentioned the ECS chipset) here are my display properties. My screen is nearly always centred with this:

In the display SETTINGS, I only have full screen enabled and nothing else. Line mode is doubled, centering is horizontal and vertical, with an OCS chipset.

I hope this helps.
Old 02 May 2002, 21:31   #3
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Does anybody have a clue how to get it fixed?
Jeez, yet another victim of this stuff.

Well I think that these threads are speaking for itself:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3478

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3682

Especially check out my WinFellow<->WinUAE confrontation (eg Crazy Seasons)

Again, folks: try to persuade Bernd Schmidt to fix this! After writing dozens of e-mails without getting any of them answered, I've literally given up persuading him.
I hope I can find time to dig through this one day (AND understand it), so that I can present you the solution for it. I promise to publish it here and then let Bernd wait 3 weeks for it until I send him the patch! (just as he did it with my e-mails )
Again, it's definitely NOT necessary to tweak the screen resolution for the graphics card by adding an additional screen mode, because WinFellow works in 768x576 without ANY other modifications. So this proves that it IS possible to fix it in the emulator.
Old 02 May 2002, 23:23   #4
Henrik

Post Andreas

I can only agree with you Andreas on this issue we share the exact same problem (after looking at the image you posted, with the glitch in winuae). Now we face yet another problem. If mr Schimdt decide to fix this problem, he will probably implement it into one of the newer versions of WinUAE. Which I must say have not been stable at all.

Old 02 May 2002, 23:30   #5
Ian
Global Moderator

Re: Andreas

Quote:
Originally posted by Henrik
Which I must say have not been stable at all.
Well, I suppose everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I find the latest versions (ie the ones Toni has realeased) the most stable ever.<---- Period
Old 02 May 2002, 23:58   #6
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
I can only agree with you Andreas on this issue we share the exact same problem (after looking at the image you posted, with the glitch in winuae).
Thanks.
If more and more people put this issue on top of the list, Bernd will realize
- that he has to do something about this
- that it's *not* a minor issue with only marginal importance

- that it ANNOYS a lot of users, which may lead to some of them deciding to revert back to their real amiga because they're frustrated that there's nothing done about this, but only added more and more features to keep people happy

@Ian: It's VERY stable, I agree, but just because it's stable, you can't forget about 1 - 1 1/2 inches missing on the left hand side of the screen. That's simply inexcusable.

Last edited by andreas; 03 May 2002 at 00:04.
Old 03 May 2002, 00:18   #7
Ian
Global Moderator

The screen problem doesn't bother me because I don't use screen centreing, but I'm not saying it shouldn't bother you and it should be looked at your right.
Old 03 May 2002, 05:23   #8
§ane

WinUAE 0.8.21, Release 3 (Fixed? horizontal centering)
http://sane.myip.org/amiga/WinUAE/XP...R3_hcenter.zip

WinUAEXP 2 Beta 1 (Based on WinUAE 0.8.21, Release 2)
http://sane.myip.org/amiga/WinUAE/XP/WinUAEXP2b1.zip
http://sane.myip.org/amiga/WinUAE/XP/WinUAEXP2b1src.zip

Features:
- DirectDraw7 hardware stretching and smart window centering.

- Fixed amiga screen centering ( at least for 640 x ? resolutions, don't ask me how I did it, check center_image(), vague, but meh, it works ).

- Window multi-threading, this means that the emulation will not have to wait while the window procedure processes messages, resulting in an overall smoother feel but the downside is that it opens up a lot of holes in code, and may cause a crash at some point, however it is very possible to overcome with proper thread synchronization, I just hadn't got around to it.

- Popup shortcut menu (right click) features Quick Save/Load, Floppies Insert/Eject, Display adjustments etc.

- Dynamically linked Kaillera DLL (non functional, not finished).

It is a beta so expect bugs. Please keep in mind there is currently no support for Picasso96 modes, and virtual hard disks.