English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 04 October 2008, 08:37   #1
gsargent

Dataflyer Ram Card

I have an Expansion Systems Dataflyer Ram card and I can't get the thing to work. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on getting it to work as a stand alone card in a 2000 Rev4.4 I have tried the following:

checked all jumpers and they are as follows JP-2 closed, JP-3 Independent, JP-4 2&4

I have removed all the SIMMS except bank 0, so 2 meg and have those jumpers set correctly too.

When I run SysInfo it doesn't see the extra memory or even the card in the cards section.

The only thing that I can figure is that the 30-pin simms I have are 1x9 not 1x8 but I thought that it would just ignore the extra parity bit. I had it working on my 500 in the external case piggybacked on the dataflyer plus card but it won't work stand alone. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I am about to pull my hair out over this one.

AdSense AdSense  
Old 04 October 2008, 21:12   #2
rkauer
I hate potatos and shirts

Send a message via MSN to rkauer Send a message via Yahoo to rkauer
Using the Workbench 1.3 (preferably 1.3.3), issue the command "Addmem" or "Fastmemfirst".

But if I recall correctly, the Dataflyer RAM must use a special command to work (look into Installer's Heaven).

Those A2000 with 4.x board revision could be a pain in the ass to configure.
Old 05 October 2008, 07:25   #3
gsargent

Already using WB1.3.3 so I tried the fastmemfirst but no luck. I searched around on the installer's heaven site but could only find an install disc for the dataflyer HD controller card. Any more ideas?

Thanks

Old 16 December 2008, 01:03   #4
lesT

Re the Dataflyer...maybe too late...but have spotted one in the A2000 I've just acquired has one with 2Mb ram and is visible to Sysinfo....

Jumpers are set the same as yours with jumper 1 on the ***** setting.

I've just formatted the HD and installed WB2.1, other than DirWork and Sysinfo, AFAIk, there's no other software that might be firing up the Dataflyer.

I don't have a manual, but come back if there's any info I can glean from the system for you

Old 16 December 2008, 01:54   #5
lesT

Oops...hadn't noticed the jumper on row 2...covered by the support bar. (nor had I figured out the code) when I posted.

Further checking shows the 2000 board to be REV 6, so my post probably less than useful to you, sorry about that.

AdSense AdSense