English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 25 May 2007, 06:42   #1
laffer
Zone Friend

Phantasmagoria 2 longplay

I'm making a Phantasmagoria 2 longplay these days. For those of you that don't know, it's an interactive horror movie game from Sierra.. pretty old now. It's not very interactive and it features a lot of clichés but I still like it. Finished it a lot of times (it's a very, very easy game to finish) so I decided it was time to make a longplay.

I've only finished the two first chapters so far (out of five) as it takes ages to record.. I'm recording in Dosbox and it records in extremely slow motion! A 45 minute chapter takes about three hours to record!

Anyway, here are the links to the parts I've done so far, I'll post the rest when it's done (in a few days I expect) -

Chapter 1 -
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]

Chapter 2 -
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 25 May 2007, 07:56   #2
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Yay, now I can finally watch the game without having to get it to work or play it.

Good job.

One question though, are you planning on distributing the whole thing some time (by whatever means, P2P file sharing for example), or is it just gonna be the little pieces on YouTube?

I watched some full TV episodes at this service recently: http://stage6.divx.com/
I think they allow pretty big chunks and you can keep the video when it's finished downloading. I don't know much about their policies or upload procedures in general, but maybe you'll want to check them out.
Old 25 May 2007, 08:00   #3
laffer
Zone Friend

I do have the full files, I might upload entire chapters if I find somewhere good to do so.. I'll check out the link you posted

However, the full thing will be on Youtube, only divided into 10 minute segments (due to that silly 10 minute limit there).

So far I've uploaded the entire first three chapters.

Last edited by laffer; 25 May 2007 at 10:07.
Old 25 May 2007, 10:06   #4
laffer
Zone Friend

Here's chapter 3.

Chapter 3 -
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 25 May 2007, 11:30   #5
laffer
Zone Friend

If you watch it, please leave a comment about the game or just anything.
Recording this game is so incredibly boring as it records at such a low speed so a few comments would be appreciated
Old 25 May 2007, 11:33   #6
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Well you got my comment here. I refuse to participate in any more YouTube activity than necessary.
Old 25 May 2007, 11:38   #7
laffer
Zone Friend

You don't like Youtube?

I agree the quality there isn't all that good but to be honest - the videos in this game aren't very good quality in the first place

I love Youtube as I don't have to download anything and there is so much stuff there.. I'm willing to look past the bad quality of the videos.. they're certainly watchable at least

But I'll try to upload the entire chapter files later on then if you hate Youtube so much