English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 11 April 2021, 13:25   #41
haps
Rumpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Just a quick update from me re. status. Among other things, I recently bough a house (happened somewhat quicker that anticipated), so spare time has been in limited supply the past few weeks. It looks like I'll be doing quite a bit of painting/gardering/fixing throughout the summer. Just wanted to let you know so you don't think anything is amiss, except temporarily less time for hobbies

Know what you mean there mate. Bought a new house for me and the missus last November and we still aren't half way through what is planned. I was happy with my office and my workshop so I could compute and work on my motorbikes/cars, but apparently I have to build gardens and pergolas and all sorts of crap I couldn't give a shit about.
Old 11 April 2021, 13:50   #42
McNoise

Cool

Quote:
@Foul and everyone else, please see http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=106562 ("Want to try builds of the new FS-UAE & Launcher?") if interested

THANK YOU
Old 15 April 2021, 18:45   #43
fehmi

Auto-update does not seem to be working for me on Windows 10 - below is the output from the software updater:

Quote:
Getting list of updates...
Got result, doing calculations...
FS-UAE-Launcher: 4.0.68-master => 4.0.70-master (Windows_x86-64)
Updates are available!
Starting update
Downloading FS-UAE-Launcher_4.0.70-master_Windows_x86-64.tar.xz...
Downloaded 42153092 bytes, verying checksum...
Checksum OK
Extracting FS-UAE-Launcher_4.0.70-master_Windows_x86-64.tar.xz...
Installing update for FS-UAE-Launcher....
Cleaning up...
Update complete, but a restart is required
When I manually restart FS-UAE Launcher, it is still at 4.0.68 and I get the update notification once again. Re-running the auto-update or restarting my computer does not help.

I had originally switched to the 4.0 beta builds by manually replacing stable 3.0.5. Also, this is the first time I am using the auto-updater; previously, I was updating FS-UAE and FS-UAE Launcher manually.
Old 15 April 2021, 18:59   #44
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@fehmi You should not overwrite the stable executables but instead put extract the new versions to Documents/FS-UAE/System as I mentioned in the post. I'm assuming that what happens is that the new version is installed to Documents/FS-UAE/System/FS-UAE-Launcher (as designed) while you are starting the older version extracted somewhere else!

(It may also be a good idea to keep 3.x installed in parallel, for cases where the in-progress-4.x version is not good enough )
Old 16 April 2021, 02:25   #45
fehmi

Quote:
@fehmi You should not overwrite the stable executables but instead put extract the new versions to Documents/FS-UAE/System as I mentioned in the post. I'm assuming that what happens is that the new version is installed to Documents/FS-UAE/System/FS-UAE-Launcher (as designed) while you are starting the older version extracted somewhere else!

(It may also be a good idea to keep 3.x installed in parallel, for cases where the in-progress-4.x version is not good enough )
You are absolutely right on location of the update - apologies for bugging you with a non-bug!

Like you said, I will keep the stable version installed in parallel as I use WHDLoad quite often - I hope the issue on Windows will be fixed soon!

Also, I will report my findings in the release topic from now on to avoid clutter.