English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Sprites

Old 03 February 2006, 22:00   #1
method
Zone Friend

I've made a site for archiving the graphics ripped here...

http://ipdb.ath.cx/_pubtest/tagl

You can upload USS files for me to attempt to rip.
You can also upload your own rips too.

EDIT: This is just a TEMPORARY site for use until Cebulba gets back.

peace!!

Last edited by method; 05 February 2006 at 15:21.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 03 February 2006, 23:11   #2
Adderly
[Satan^God]

Send a message via ICQ to Adderly
Didn't cebulba had already a website up for this purpose? He has exams until mid february and will do updates to amigavision.de then...

Edit:see http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=223928&postcount=51

Last edited by Adderly; 03 February 2006 at 23:18.
Old 03 February 2006, 23:36   #3
method
Zone Friend

And as soon as he does.. I'll close my site and redirect people there.

This is just a temporary thing because he seems to be busy.

As I've stated in another post.. I'm not trying to steal anybody's thunder.

I just figured.. as I'm a fast coder.. and I've got bandwidth and webspace.. I might as well fill the void 'til he gets his site up and running properly.

...and I'm adding my own rips. (already have in fact)

peace!!
Old 04 February 2006, 04:43   #4
Ironclaw
Banned

Hi, I was just gonna reply the pm u sent me... but no need anymore .

I think what you have done is great . I was going to make an Amiga sprite site aswell as the current one (the one with the lemmings in the logo) is slowly progressing and requires LOGIN and REGISTRATION to view any ripps, and that is totally wrong imo. Glad to see someone else made a site. Check the sprite forum and threads for sprites to add to your site.

I did some ripping in the beginning when trying out the ripper, those gifs are in the big sprites thread in the sprite forum.
Old 04 February 2006, 05:45   #5
Adderly
[Satan^God]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw
I was going to make an Amiga sprite site aswell ....
If i see it right it will be the third sprite-project relevant site!?
I'm not involved in the sprite project so i don't care but i suggest to be little bit more organized here!
Old 04 February 2006, 05:57   #6
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adderly
If i see it right it will be the third sprite-project relevant site!?
I'm not involved in the sprite project so i don't care but i suggest to be little bit more organized here!
The reason why I wanted to do an Amiga sprite site was that there were no good ones. Only one a the moment was the one with the lemmings as logo, but as mentioned above, it required login and stuff.. also it was progressing slowly and had only a few sprites.. that's why I wanted to make my own sprite site so we would get one with lots of sprites up running fast.... but seeing now that method made one, I don't have to.
Old 05 February 2006, 15:18   #7
method
Zone Friend

@adderly... I only made the site as a temporary thing... nothing more.

When cebulba gets back... I'll arrange to send him my archive and then close my temporary site. So... it's all cool... I won't be stepping on anyone's toes.
Old 05 February 2006, 15:40   #8
Ironclaw
Banned

Then when yours is gone, he will be the one with the only amiga sprite site.... hope he does a good job with lot's of sprites upped fast.... and hopefully remove the lame registration to view the sprites.

sure, he kan have a registration, as long as you don't have to be logged in to view the sprites.
Old 05 February 2006, 19:44   #9
Adderly
[Satan^God]

I think it's a good sign that you all want to distribute to this project. Thats why i love eab, with all those active members like you this board just rules!
Old 06 February 2006, 17:21   #10
Johan Walfridso
worm

Send a message via MSN to Johan Walfridso
Would be very nice if there could be more detailes on the items, like "complete".

Anyway,
Old 06 February 2006, 18:33   #11
BippyM

Instead of having to select a game from a dropdown list can you just make then all available on one page!

All I wann do is *view* the images, and selecting each one is a pain in the arse!
Old 06 February 2006, 18:49   #12
Ironclaw
Banned

Most sprite pages has it so that when you select a game, you will be presented with the sprite sheets.

You could also have it like bippym wants, a button that takes you to a page where all the sprites are shown in one page.
Old 06 February 2006, 19:42   #13
method
Zone Friend

@bippym...

You can do a blank search too.. that'll return all results. (Though a single page pre-rendered wouldn't be a bad idea.. it'd save on me hitting the database too.)

---

@Ironclaw...

EDIT: When you use the game-selector... you now have a "View-All-Images" option. (though it excludes BMP files due to their size)

---

@Johan Walfridso...

I could add a 'status' field for each game and make a simple admin interface so that a few people here could help categorize the DB and set the status for each game accordingly.

Any good??

--

peace!!

Last edited by method; 07 February 2006 at 11:07.
Old 08 February 2006, 18:23   #14
method
Zone Friend

Have added new games:

Bill's Tomato Game (help with palettes appreciated!!)
Fantastic Dizzy
Lotus3

---

Have added more rips to:

Fire And Ice (thanx for tip GIFGIT!!)
Chaos Engine
Robocod

--

C'ya!!
Old 08 February 2006, 21:25   #15
gifgit
Retarded and dribbling

I`m really impressed with this site.I`ll maybe try to get the main sprite from fire and ice for you in the next couple of days,keep up the good work Method.
Old 08 February 2006, 21:42   #16
Ironclaw
Banned

Yeah, it's a nice site.... someone send him all sprite rips ever been posted in the sprites forum.
Old 08 February 2006, 21:54   #17
gifgit
Retarded and dribbling

Fire and ice main sprite.

Last edited by gifgit; 12 July 2009 at 12:49.
Old 09 February 2006, 01:55   #18
method
Zone Friend

Thanks.. couldn't get that one at all... have added it.
Old 10 February 2006, 12:54   #19
cebulba

hello foks,

nice site. Thanks.

Well here are my comments:

1) It's surprising to me that so many people are now wanting to run their own sites and so many offering help - as I already asked for long before (and state that I cannot maintain the site alone)....

2) Thanks for the comments on my site. I have read a lot more comments on various Amiga platforms about lacking design and more. The main reason I started the site was, to have one right now and an easy one to work with - I set it up in a few hours, trying to fix all problems within the further progress of the project (and help by others).

3) For registration: My site ist hosted in Germany. We have different laws over here. Secondly I wanted to have the same dislaimer on my site as "method" did (for safety) which you should accept before downloading.

I don't have a problem if other people start their own sites and I think the page maintained by "method" is very good. I don't complain about other people works - every work can be enhanced and will never be completed.

Suggestions are ok for me but if you think you could do it better - than DO IT and stop complaining (I guess the guy will get it)...

The reason I don't added more contents - as stated before -that I need to finish my written degree (in Enviromental Sciences with Focus on Geomatics and Remote Sensing) by the end of February. I thought I may have some spare time left to add contents on a weekly basis- unfortunately not and you may guess that it's more important for me to get my personal life to work

Well. To sum up:

I don't have a problem in abandon the amigavision site. Method already did a good job. Take the project (and deal with those S*****s ) , you are welcomed. If you want - I offer help (but hence you are a coder I can't help you anyways - perhaps with some site design as I'm more a graphic artist)...

For the others: Thanks for the comments.
But do me and others a favour,
and next time think them over,
- before posting.

cu in the Hall of Light,

Olli K.

cebulba of www.thelegacy.de
Old 10 February 2006, 14:14   #20
woody57

Since Cebulba has a registered site name I would suguest that a full time home for the sprite project be made there.

Using the above suguestions & combining the skills of those involved that way it remains a SOLID community project.

I understand Ironclaws frustration as a browser who only wants to view sheets from a site....But the need for a disclamer page before entering the sprite viewing area should be enough to cover the points Cebulba has made .

Certainly the Coding of a dedicated & unique database system that allows for secure access for uploaders & fast fixed browsing from an indexed entry page is whats being called for......not a thing you can make in 5 minutes

Maybe its time to create a team project here as opposed to a series of "one man shows"
AdSense AdSense