English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 29 May 2010, 12:02   #81
Hewitson

AndreasM should be banned for this. Unacceptable.
Old 29 May 2010, 13:32   #82
dirkies
Zone Friend

let's wait and see, perhaps it will be a simultaneous AF/Aminet release, then all this flaming may be unnecessary.
Old 29 May 2010, 14:02   #83
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies View Post
let's wait and see, perhaps it will be a simultaneous AF/Aminet release, then all this flaming may be unnecessary.
No, the flaming is necessary as it also is aimed at the PERSON, AndreasM.
Old 29 May 2010, 14:29   #84
gulliver
BoingBagged

Well, it seems this subject has brought some debate.

First, let me clarify my intentions which have remained the same since the begining of this PFS3 affair:
I already own, since a few years, a legal copy of PFS3, and so basicly, all I wanted is to ask the developer to relese it for free so that all users could enjoy the same excellent filesystem I was using, which I still believe to be the best on Amigas. I also asked him for the sourcecode. I am not a coder, and I havent got the skills to tinker with it, but I thought it would be great for further improvements, bugfixes, updates, and the possibility of being ported to other Amigoid OSes, so that it could even run natively on them.

So, my idea was purely for the benefit of the entire Amiga community (Amig68k, OS4, MorphOS, AROS, etc), no matter how bitter, twisted or divided it is. I dont gain a single thing from this, and I really dont expect credit to be given to me, I am not after it, and it really doesnt mean anything.
It was just an act of good will from an Amiga fan

I am truly sorry if some of you feel that I had taken the wrong decision regarding the fact that I gave the email address of Mr. Pelt to AndreasM. But I thought it was a step in the right direction (making PFS3 availble), perhaps I was too naive, I really dont know.

Bottomline: I know PFS3 will be released both as binary and sourcecode, for free, for everyone, as intended. It will just be a matter of time. And the rest, well, it is upto you to be the judge.
Old 29 May 2010, 14:53   #85
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
but now hosting it on the eab fileserver may endup breaking the rules, but we will see

I`ll with alexh I have also misplaced my disks so a replacement would be nice
Old 29 May 2010, 15:06   #86
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
Bottomline: I know PFS3 will be released both as binary and sourcecode, for free, for everyone, as intended. It will just be a matter of time. And the rest, well, it is upto you to be the judge.
If that's true, then great
Old 29 May 2010, 22:43   #87
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

If I knew that the money was going direct to the author (even though he's no longer producing Amiga software and has no intention of ever doing so again) I'd be up for a "reasonable" online donation for a direct ISO download.

If the author needed bandwidth to serve the image I'm sure I know people who could come up with it.
Old 30 May 2010, 02:00   #88
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
IF AndreasM said the truth this means Michiel Pelt has simply rolled back.

AndreasM, does your post means that you're ready to "pursue" anyone that would propose the PFS3 system for free download ?
Old 30 May 2010, 03:32   #89
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
IF AndreasM said the truth this means Michiel Pelt has simply rolled back.

AndreasM, does your post means that you're ready to "pursue" anyone that would propose the PFS3 system for free download ?
AndreasM only has himself to blame through previous actions, as to why people believe what they do about him. After all, it is in Andreas's own interest to NOT have PFS free to download from the AF website. After all, Andreas only wants to sell as many copies of AF as possible (More money for him), Where would the incentive be for me to buy the magazine if the software was available for download for FREE from the AF website.

@AndreasM
Also, What has happened to Michiel intending to release it to the Public Domain via AMINET as described in Gulliver's emails ? Did you Talk him out of it ? Where is the copy of the email that Michiel sent you stating his agreement for you to ONLY put the software on the coverdisk, and *NOT* the website Andreas ? , What is to stop someone buying the CD and promptly uploading the binaries to Aminet themselves, given that we have Emails of his INTENT to distribute via Aminet ? You have showed us *NOTHING* (As you always do).
Old 30 May 2010, 11:02   #90
AndreasM

del

Last edited by AndreasM; 30 May 2010 at 18:45.
Old 30 May 2010, 11:04   #91
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

http://www.william-shakespeare.info/...ut-nothing.htm
On both ends it seems If the intention was to freely make it available in source and bin form, that would take a matter of minutes if both is available. No idea what's going on at Michiel' end, but excuse me if I say that at least it smells a bit fishy. Anyway, good luck as always.
Old 30 May 2010, 17:43   #92
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
fishy its positively starting to stink

starting to think that ps filing system is`t as good as its sposed to be
Old 30 May 2010, 17:56   #93
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasM View Post
Michiel decide that PFS are not available as download on the webpage page.
Wow how convenient!

Gulliver, sorry to say this, but you should have known better. AndreasM is a scumbag, you should have never given the contact to him. Now we have to pay for his shit magazine to get this. you were having a cool conversation with this guy and he was all about sharing it and suddenly he doesn't want to distribute it "too much"?
Old 30 May 2010, 18:41   #94
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

I love how he doesnt dispute the scumbag bit
Old 30 May 2010, 18:44   #95
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

damn i miss the thread tags....
Old 30 May 2010, 18:49   #96
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Oh snap! he deleted a bunch of posts...
Old 30 May 2010, 22:56   #97
Amiga1992

Please let AndreasM be banned from EAB.
Old 31 May 2010, 02:03   #98
BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
I actually think the opposite. let him post. better these people be visible than moderated/removed. but maybe disable his ability to delete his posts. its important stuff. especially some older threads. I dont think anyone should be able to delete posts after a certain time. i have done it in the past, but the forum might be more interesting even with my terribly drunken posts ;-)
Old 31 May 2010, 02:04   #99
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson View Post
Oh snap! he deleted a bunch of posts...
And if you notice, the post that he deleted (Removed text ?), was the post that he "stated" that PFS3 was a NON EXCLUSIVE, but Pelt asked him to *NOT* host the files for FREE download on the download section of the AF website ?
Old 31 May 2010, 03:08   #100
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteb View Post
And if you notice, the post that he deleted (Removed text ?), was the post that he "stated" that PFS3 was a NON EXCLUSIVE, but Pelt asked him to *NOT* host the files for FREE download on the download section of the AF website ?
The post he deleted said how the creator of PFS3, allegedly, did not want to spread this release too much (even after AndreasM "told him" it was a non exclusive release, to which I say, poppycock!). Which contradicts gulliver's conversations where he was agreeing to put it on Aminet. Also says that if PFS3 was to be distributed in some other way we would be "going agaisnt michal;'s will", so we can assume that AndreasM will be, as usual, being an asshole hunting down on anyone he seems fit. How can his magazine be a non profit venture?

I think it is gulliver's task to clear this up.

Last edited by Amiga1992; 31 May 2010 at 04:14.