Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 02 October 2016, 18:49   #281
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Picasso96

Config and Logs (start system+reset)
Does it work if you press END+F9? (If it fails to autoswitch)
Old 02 October 2016, 19:01   #282
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Does it work if you press END+F9? (If it fails to autoswitch)
If before press END+F9 and then press CTRL-Amiga-Amiga, Yes the system restart correctly.

N.B. With UAE Zorro III the reset with CTRL-Amiga-Amiga it works fine, no problem

EDIT: On the gray screen press "END+F9" Switching works Gray/Screen Workbench

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 02 October 2016 at 19:34.
Old 02 October 2016, 19:37   #283
NorthWay

Beta9 crash

Didn't find a way to send this in private...
Attached Files
File Type: zip beta9-dump.zip (22.8 KB, 144 views)
Old 02 October 2016, 21:08   #284
mark_k

Quote:
- Added longPathAware manifest entry (Removes 260 character path limit, supported by Windows 10 version 1607 or later)
I noticed a couple of references to PATH_MAX and MAX_PATH. Could any be a problem with long path support?
uaenative.cpp: get_native_library_path() uses PATH_MAX
rommgr.cpp: getromdatabyname() and load_keyring() use MAX_PATH
registry.cpp: reginitializeinit() uses MAX_PATH
Old 03 October 2016, 11:09   #285
thomas

Quote:
Beta 9:
Add Directory is broken: What you enter into Device name is used as volume name and device becomes DHx. The Volume label field is ignored.

If you leave the Volume label field empty, the directory name is used as volume as it should. But now the device name is ignored and becomes DHx again.
Old 03 October 2016, 12:23   #286
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Add Directory is broken: What you enter into Device name is used as volume name and device becomes DHx. The Volume label field is ignored.

If you leave the Volume label field empty, the directory name is used as volume as it should. But now the device name is ignored and becomes DHx again.
Ciao Thomas, I think it's been fixed Yesterday after my reporting, or i misunderstood

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=279
Old 03 October 2016, 15:42   #287
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post

winuae.7z should fix both. If not: exact step by step instructions needed.
Old 03 October 2016, 16:04   #288
AMIGASYSTEM

Ok Toni thank you, with the last fix even the hot reset (CTRL-Amiga-Amiga) with Picasso IV card works well.
Old 03 October 2016, 18:40   #289
mark_k

Quote:
CPU Idle changed completely, I just forgot to mention it in change log.

Now it is just two states, active or inactive. Slider selects how idle Amiga needs to be before state changes. Active = fastest possible CPU mode, inactive = temporary internal switch to approximate cpu mode. This guarantees very low CPU usage when Amiga is idle without breaking compatibility.
Would it be a good idea to change the "sense" of the CPU Idle slider?

Now the emulated machine is fastest with the slider all the way to the right, whereas before it was the opposite. Would existing/older configs run either much faster or slower than 3.3.0, until the user adjusts the CPU Idle slider?
Old 03 October 2016, 19:17   #290
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
Would it be a good idea to change the "sense" of the CPU Idle slider?

Now the emulated machine is fastest with the slider all the way to the right, whereas before it was the opposite. Would existing/older configs run either much faster or slower than 3.3.0, until the user adjusts the CPU Idle slider?
It works the same, off when fully left, max when fully right. (But there is one tiny bug, if slider is moved to fully left when CPU idle state is active, it gets stuck in idle state)
Old 04 October 2016, 18:24   #291
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_3400b10.7z
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae64_3400b10.7z

Beta 10:

- OpalVision emulation. Not fully supported yet, King of Karate does not work but for example OpalPaint mostly work with some glitches.
- ColorBurst emulation, partial. Only existing software seems to be "CB Paint Update" in TOSEC. ColorBurst is functionally nearly identical to OpalVision but has less features. Note: that most test programs are buggy and very CPU speed sensitive, the slower the CPU the less you see..
- It was not possible to edit directory harddrive volume or device name.
- Current visible RTG display state was not fully re-initialized when system was reset.
- Increased GUI max size limits to support very high resolution screens.
- Some accelerator boards (for example CSMK1) mapped 128k board to Z2 autoconfig space when correct size was 64k. Caused validation halt error and/or reset loop if it wasn't last Z2 board.

OpalVision and ColorBurst note: Multiple per-pixel calculations are needed to render the output (priority/plane/genlock stencil masking, memory bank selection, color modes, copro line-based mode changes, etc..). If it is too slow: buy a new PC. I am not going to optimize it.
Old 04 October 2016, 23:25   #292
NorthWay

Quote:
Beta 10:
I keep getting just black screen or halt2 with b10. For me b9 with careful avoidance of the bugs is a better deal.
Old 05 October 2016, 08:47   #293
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWay View Post
I keep getting just black screen or halt2 with b10. For me b9 with careful avoidance of the bugs is a better deal.
How is this going to help anyone? Logs and config! EDIT: especially important when using "special" config like accelerator boards.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 05 October 2016 at 17:45.
Old 08 October 2016, 16:30   #294
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_3400b11.7z
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae64_3400b11.7z

Beta 11:

- Added generic Z2/Z3 autoconfig support to expansion.cpp. Previously each expansion type needed own separate autoconfig handling.
- Ariadne II added but not yet working. Drivers require working 9346 EEPROM chip. (RTL8029 is NE2000 clone with some extra features)
- Any archive mounted as a harddrive: skip files with zero length file names.
- LZX archive mounted as a harddrive: archives inside LZX archive didn't always unpack and zero size files failed to open.
- Genlock custom video file, capture device and image file support fully implemented. GUI support added. Uses obsolete DirectShow SampleGrabber method which is not necessarily supported with all video files/capture devices. Image support requires png image files. Scaling is simple integer scaling. Genlock display changes to blue if image, video or capture device fails to open. Capture option uses default capture device. You may get few seconds of blue genlock screen before capture/video initializes fully. Maximum pointlessness feature level reached!
- uaesnd updates. It can play sound for the first time.
- Test compilation with Visual Studio 15 Preview 5.
Old 09 October 2016, 03:27   #295
emufan

Quote:
- Genlock custom video file, capture device and image file support fully implemented. GUI support added. Uses obsolete DirectShow SampleGrabber method which is not necessarily supported with all video files/capture devices. Image support requires png image files. Scaling is simple integer scaling. Genlock display changes to blue if image, video or capture device fails to open. Capture option uses default capture device. You may get few seconds of blue genlock screen before capture/video initializes fully. Maximum pointlessness feature level reached!
soooo cool, thanks for this - just tested with some avi video files, very cool feature
so we can do now some rotoscoping - maybe we need some sort of pause/resume/loop button for the video file.

*gosh* post #1984

Last edited by emufan; 09 October 2016 at 03:36.
Old 09 October 2016, 11:15   #296
Dr.Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED-209 View Post
about WASAPI EX: It is working now after I increase the sound buffer from 1 to 2.

Quote:
Ok, so it can also happen when buffer is too small.
I noticed an issue in wasapi-ex mode that may be related to the above:

Issue 1: No sound when WinUAE sound setting is equal or smaller than sound card latency setting

My soundcard allows to set the soundcard latency value between 48-64-128-256-512-1024-2048 samples. (See page 18 of the manual here for a picture http://download.esi-audiotechnik.com...i@-English.pdf )

If I set the WinUAE sound buffer size in wasapi-ex mode equal or smaller than the sound panel latency setting there will be no sound. So setting the soundcard latency to "512 sample", then for WinUAE setting "1" (256) and "2" (512) there will be no sound. Only from setting "3" upwards there will be sound. Similarly when I set the soundcard latency value to "1024" then WinUAE sound setting "1" to "4" will produce silence. Only from setting "5" upwards there will be sound.

My hunch is that for people using onboard sound chips (Realtek etc) there's a default sound latency setting for the onboard chip that is fixed, most likely at something like 512 samples. Which would mean no sound out of WinUAE in Wasapi-ex mode for sound settings 1 and 2. Maybe this helps in explaining some of these "curious" issues with no sound playing.

I noticed a comment from mark_k about acquiring the minimum/smallest supported sound buffer value from the soundcard; possibly that could be used to circumvent above "no sound" issue for users.

Issue 2: Clicks and pops in wasapi-ex sound stream when soundcard latency setting is smaller than 512 samples (regardless of WinUAE sound setting)
A second issue that I'm experiencing with Wasapi-Ex mode is that when I set the sound card latency to anything below 512 samples, WinUAE will produce clicks and pops in the wasapi-ex sound stream, regardless of WinUAE sound buffer size/setting. With a soundcard latency setting of 512 or greater the sound is perfect.

This issue of clicks and pops in the soundstream for small sound card latency settings does not happen with any of the other sound modes, including ASIO and WDM-KS, they even run fine with a sound card latency setting of 48 samples (which is really small).

Any possible idea/clue why only wasapi-ex mode seems to affected by this issue?
Old 09 October 2016, 11:38   #297
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Venom View Post
I noticed an issue in wasapi-ex mode that may be related to the above:

[B]Issue 1: No sound when WinUAE sound setting is equal or smaller than sound card latency setting
"No sound" does not include enough information
(error log message?)

Quote:
Issue 2: Clicks and pops in wasapi-ex sound stream when soundcard latency setting is smaller than 512 samples (regardless of WinUAE sound setting)
EDIT: Isn't that just some driver specific thing = not my problem anyway. (Why would it even need adjustment when the adjustment IS buffer size that application chooses?)

EDIT2: I guess that option is made for applications that don't ask for buffer size and only wants some default. That causes problem if application really wants the buffer size it requests.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 09 October 2016 at 11:54.
Old 09 October 2016, 14:54   #298
Dr.Venom

Quote:
"No sound" does not include enough information
(error log message?)
I just tested with quickstart (because that is what you like ), only changing soundmode to wasapi-ex, setting 2. Soundcard latency setting is at 512. It gives an interesting results, starting it in this way makes WinUAE hang right at boot. I have to kill the process via task manager. What is saved is attached in the first log.

I also tested with quickstart at sound setting 3 (768) and then it runs normally. Log (2) also attached.

Then I started my regular config, sound is playing, then changing soundsetting to 2, there is no sound anymore. Log (3) also attached. From a quick glance at the log, it gets completely flooded with " pull overflow! 2048 2048 2048" . See from line 11428 onwards in the log.

Quote:
EDIT2: I guess that option is made for applications that don't ask for buffer size and only wants some default. That causes problem if application really wants the buffer size it requests.
From what I understand it is (should?) mainly be an ASIO feature. All cards that have an ASIO driver also have this (or similar) panel to at least control the ASIO audio latency.

The ESI manual doesn' t explicitly say whether or not it only affects the ASIO latency or all exclusive modes or everything else also.

Since the documentation on this stuff (google) is so scarce, I'm still sitting on the fence whether or not this is a driver issue or not.

I guess that WinUAE setting 512 should at least work (produce sound) when sound panel latency is also at 512, whereas currently it either hangs or produces no sound.
Old 09 October 2016, 15:21   #299
emufan

Quote:
- OpalVision emulation. Not fully supported yet, King of Karate does not work but for example OpalPaint mostly work with some glitches.
- ColorBurst emulation, partial. Only existing software seems to be "CB Paint
cannot find opalvision in rtgboards/expansion - it has no autoconfig IDs,
how to enable it?

using Beta 11 2016.10.08

Last edited by emufan; 09 October 2016 at 16:04.
Old 09 October 2016, 15:22   #300
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Your log has no errors from WASAPI API which means I can only blame your sound driver.

"pull overflow" means WASAPI events don't happen or don't happen fast enough. (In your case it looks like they never come).

You can try forcing crash dump when it hangs and attaching it. (task manager -> select winua.exe > create dump file. Use 32-bit version.