English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 25 March 2014, 23:17   #1
jack-3d
kLiker

Question Deneb in Z2 mode and Flashrom usage

I have Deneb in A1200T with Micronik Z-3i rev6.7. When Deneb has Flashrom free, there is absolutely no problem work with USB memory cards, flash disks, and others from Workbench. But I know Deneb can do a lot more magics. I am trying to get three more things working:

1) resident mouse and keyboard support - I mean I want to be able to use mouse and keyboard even in Boot menu, PPC menu and in NoStartupSequence mode
-> I have loaded denebz2.device, hub.class, hid.class, bootkeyboard.class, bootmouse.class -> but it does not work

2) resident USB disk support - I mean to have mounted USB just like HDD and be able to choose booting from it
-> in this case I am not sure what devices and classes do I need to load to flashrom

3) load patches like Rom2Fast, Set60nsmode by phase5 and one patch for CSMK3/PPC by Micronik all to be started by Deneb
-> when I simply try to load them to flashrom (next to BBlank and Noclick utils), I got error: Warning! The program "xxx" does not seem to contain a valid RomTag, and will therefore NOT be executed! You may safely remove this file from the list.

First of all, is there any step by step manual that would help me understanding this nice piece of hardware?
Old 26 March 2014, 07:53   #2
thomas

Documentation comes with the software. Check the Docs directory for a .guide file, it is very detailed.

Luciferin has an "add Poseidon" menu option which takes care of all USB-related stuff. There is a lot more to add than what you mentioned above.
Old 26 March 2014, 12:20   #3
jack-3d
kLiker

Thank you for the tips, I will check it today.
Old 27 March 2014, 23:15   #4
jack-3d
kLiker

Thanks to your tip mouse and keyboard are working (once Green screen appear the red LED in mouse begin light), but there is one problem with mouse. To initiate Boot menu both mouse buttons should be pressed and hold. With the USB mouse this does not work so Boot menu is not possible to access. When I enter PPC menu pressing ESC key the USB mouse works fine. When I enter Boot menu using my Amiga mouse then USB mouse also works. Just the initiating of the Boot menu does not work. I tried to hold both buttons, I tried to repeat clicking, ...

About my last plan to start phase5 utils during the boot, I am not expert in Amiga OS, but it seems they were not written to allow Romtag so they probably cannot be used anyway Or could be somehow?