English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 28 April 2004, 22:50   #21
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

I checked out BLEED and another of the mods, and I have to say, they are not my cup of tea. Will try out THREAT tonight.

As for the graphics.... nice If you feel like doing something for the slideshow, the title of it is INNOCENCE. Final graphics can't be more than 256colours so all AGA Amiga owners can view it, perhaps you feel like doing a nice anim or effect, I know that Cool 3D is particularly good, I've used it myself when I did some Video work for a nightclub many moons ago. So long as the anim isn't super HUGE, then it would be nice for some effective way for it to appear. I'll leave it up to you if you want to contribute.

Hows it going Akira?
Old 29 April 2004, 00:04   #22
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
Quote:
As for the graphics.... nice If you feel like doing something for the slideshow, the title of it is INNOCENCE. Final graphics can't be more than 256colours so all AGA Amiga owners can view it, perhaps you feel like doing a nice anim or effect, I know that Cool 3D is particularly good, I've used it myself when I did some Video work for a nightclub many moons ago. So long as the anim isn't super HUGE, then it would be nice for some effective way for it to appear. I'll leave it up to you if you want to contribute.
Is that aimed at me Galahad?

also what resolution is your slideshow gonna be?

Cool 3d is now Studio 3d but i don't use it so much these days not even got it installed, more of a Xara X fan (best thing since Dpaint and Brilliance on Amiga apart from the fact it's vector based)

Any ideas which art package can export to .iff or can you convert 256 colour .bmp? (don't use photoshop or paintshop pro)
Old 29 April 2004, 00:50   #23
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT
Hows it going Akira?
Delayed as you might have noticed. But not forgotten. I'll try to finish it up for the weekend.

Can I have a say at something? I find it pointless to have an amiga prod made with those awful pc apps. i thought sarek could use dpaint from the pics I saw, so why not make something with that instead? Is not that Im making the music with Renoise, I am using AHX ffs! Sarek, maybe you didnt use dpaint in years, but this might be a good chance to dust it off and get to be friends again with the proggy!
Old 19 December 2005, 04:43   #24
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
Digging this out of the BIN i know but i never saw Akira's reply here in answer to it. I put Dpaint away in 1993 and havent used it since the other 2 years i was in the scene i used Amiga Art package Brilliance and Brilliance 2 it was every bit as good as Dpaint and had quite a few nicer features too!

However i have not done any pixel graphics for the last 10 years i think my skills have gone not that i was ever that great anyway

Also don't tar all PC apps with the same brush (if you pardon the pun), Xara Extreme (as it's now known) is AWESOME and nothing like photoshop or paintshop pro or any of the other Pc art package (if you can call em that). I am sorry but the days of pixeling for hours on end are long gone for me at any rate!

Anyone who keeps up with my posts will know i am always banging on about Xara in whatever current version it's in but it really is a master class in speed and execution unlike 99.9% of the other PC (or for that matter apple mac) Art packages. Just take a look at it at Xara.com

Xara's roots are from the Archemedies (can't even spell it ) It is a Vector based art package that Amiga would have killed to have at the time! (look no jaggies)

Is this project still on the go Galahad? i did a logo for it about a year ago will have to look see if i still have it
Old 19 December 2005, 07:17   #25
jobro

Composer here willing to give ouot a music piece for your demo. Only requirement is that the following text apears in the demo:

Music by Dominote
(C) 2005 by JoBro Media.
All rights reserved.

If that can be acomplished then I'm in for this one.

BTW is there any WinXP compatible tracker that can save mod format files?

Last edited by jobro; 19 December 2005 at 07:23.
Old 19 December 2005, 18:21   #26
spiff
Oh noes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro

BTW is there any WinXP compatible tracker that can save mod format files?
Skale Tracker
http://www.skale.org/
Old 26 December 2005, 05:06   #27
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Errm, dear Galahad, if you're still reading this thread, I have already released Innocence way back in September 2000 so I was highly amused when I found this thread by coincidence... You can get Innocence here.

Regards, StingRay/[S]carab^Scoopex, once know as sTYLe/Faction
Old 28 December 2005, 21:41   #28
jobro

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff
Skale Tracker
http://www.skale.org/
Well that shitty tracker isn't even worth the first letter to be called a serious mod tracker since it crashes on loading IFF files! Expelled from my computer.
Old 05 January 2006, 21:01   #29
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay
Errm, dear Galahad, if you're still reading this thread, I have already released Innocence way back in September 2000 so I was highly amused when I found this thread by coincidence... You can get Innocence here.

Regards, StingRay/[S]carab^Scoopex, once know as sTYLe/Faction

Be as 'amused' as you like, I have no idea who you are or of your work.
Old 06 January 2006, 00:14   #30
kriz

sure you do. hehe what a thread btw
Old 08 January 2006, 01:23   #31
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT
Be as 'amused' as you like, I have no idea who you are or of your work.
If you are still in contact with Zoltrix, ask him, he will remember! You might also ask Dan (Wade), he also knows for sure who I am.
Old 08 January 2006, 12:05   #32
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

I haven't spoken to Zoltrix for years and years and only had brief contact with Wade and Boone.
Old 09 January 2006, 00:38   #33
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Same for me, sadly. Anyway, once we were both in the same group, Faction that is. You even gave me your source to save/restore all CIA registers all those years ago because you noticed some problems with my Hill Street Blues 680x0/HD fix I did back then. Does that maybe ring a bell?
Old 09 January 2006, 01:33   #34
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

You are talking about a long time ago mate!

I helped a lot of people, I was too spread around in those days
Old 01 February 2006, 02:50   #35
FromWithin
Music lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro
Well that shitty tracker isn't even worth the first letter to be called a serious mod tracker since it crashes on loading IFF files! Expelled from my computer.
Open Modplug Tracker
Old 02 February 2006, 02:29   #36
spotUP

www.milkytracker.net is the shit for making pt/ft2 mods under win.
www.uprough.net - the only crew still keepin' it real with quality mods

but... the gfx is already out so....