English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Entertainment

Old 09 January 2018, 15:25   #2121
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

A few entries that passed my eyeballs: Netflix's Bright. Quite okay, but ultimately not really too out of the ordinary. It's a great concept for something better in a future movie, this ends up being a sort of origin story that boils down to a weird crossover of a David Ayer "guys with guns" movie and orcs and elves fantasy, with the odd joke thrown in for good measure. That concept alone keeps the interest alive long enough, but don't expect to give the movie much thought after it finishes. IMO they were too conservative with this, if they had made it full on wacky it would probably have left more of a lasting impression. 6/10

Kong: Skull Island. Definitely better than Godzilla and there were a few scenes that I thoroughly enjoyed; Kong is handled with respect too. But... meh. The military dudes want to shoot up the place aspect of it fell very flat for me. Conceptually it seems like the movie is split between being devised by a person who had the imaginary force of a child and a person who had no imagination at all; I wonder if the same duo worked on Avatar. 6.5/10
AdSense AdSense  
Old 10 January 2018, 23:29   #2122
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Kong: Skull Island soundtrack is far better than movie as whole.

It had some retro feel that I did not find in other n-th 'sequal/remake'.
AdSense AdSense