English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 18 February 2014, 17:51   #81
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbob42 View Post
I sucessfully flashed the Gotek and the selector.adf boots fine.

However, "save & reset" gives me a "write failed" every time, so I'm stuck with slot 000.

Anything I'm doing wrong here? I tried both USB sticks and MemoryCards (2/8 GB, Fat32, 4096 bytes cluster size)
Are images adf or adz, i think i seen somewhere you cannot write to an adz image
Old 18 February 2014, 18:00   #82
bubbob42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
Are images adf or adz, i think i seen somewhere you cannot write to an adz image
All adf, I'm even using the same Arte.adf as in the video.

I can copy files to selector.adf via cli, but I cannot save the Disk-selection to the USB-stick (or whereever it is stored).
Old 18 February 2014, 18:07   #83
kipper2k

Quote:
All adf, I'm even using the same Arte.adf as in the video.

I can copy files to selector.adf via cli, but I cannot save the Disk-selection to the USB-stick (or whereever it is stored).
Not sure if this would be an issue, is the adf RWED permissions set ?
Old 18 February 2014, 18:27   #84
bubbob42

Quote:
Not sure if this would be an issue, is the adf RWED permissions set ?
What do you mean? The files are writeable and readable. The permissions inside the adfs themselves should be no problem.
Old 18 February 2014, 18:38   #85
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

i got mine today i orderd it on the 14th thats fast from hongkong

just waiting for the programmer now from germany
Old 18 February 2014, 20:12   #86
kipper2k

Quote:
What do you mean? The files are writeable and readable. The permissions inside the adfs themselves should be no problem.

I mean the windows attributes, because they are on a fat formatted drive the attributes may need the archive bit set. I know sometimes if you copy a file from a CD sometimes the read only attributes is the only one set and the archive bit needs to be set
Old 18 February 2014, 20:27   #87
bubbob42

Quote:
I mean the windows attributes, because they are on a fat formatted drive the attributes may need the archive bit set. I know sometimes if you copy a file from a CD sometimes the read only attributes is the only one set and the archive bit needs to be set
I think I tried with and without archive bit, but I'm not sure. Will check.
Old 18 February 2014, 20:35   #88
cpiac64

is possible rework the mainbord for move the usb in the position of eject button?
Old 18 February 2014, 20:36   #89
bubbob42

Quote:
the archive bit needs to be set
You did it - I checked again. ALL selected ADFs need archive bit set. The write fails if just one has it missing. Thank you!

Drive works fine, even with trackloaders.
Old 18 February 2014, 20:49   #90
Olecranon

How does this product compare with the HxC Floppy Emulator ?
Old 18 February 2014, 21:00   #91
Higgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpiac64 View Post
is possible rework the mainbord for move the usb in the position of eject button?
You can desolder the existing USB and fit headers or extension wires, or you might be able to just tack on wires to the backside of the pcb. The LED's are not needed. The display already has header pins on both sides.
Like I said on previous post, in the end I could not be bothered and just mounted it into my A1200 as per pics.
I aligned GOTEK in new position then used small drill to make new holes in GOTEK, then fitted screws. I have the two normal screws at top of floppy drive and drilled hole in GOTEK to utilise the lower angled bracket that is used on original floppy.
Old 20 February 2014, 20:02   #92
Akiko

Would it be possible connect this up to an external disk drive? It would be a nice solution for CD32 owners with those Analogic floppy drives and for SX1/SX32 users.
Old 20 February 2014, 20:28   #93
kipper2k

I just got mine, first impressions, very nice. I put selector.adf in root of usb stick, copied an adf in root, tried it and it worked. I created a directory called A_Dir and put a game in, the bootup manager allows you to go into the directory and boot from there so very nice indeed

Did a cold boot after playing Addams family in the A_Dir and the computer boots right up into the game so it remembers previous selection

Once you assign a slot to an adf you can simply use the 2 buttons to select the slot number and then do a warm reset and the computer will boot the selected slot. If you want to return to the boot selection menu press buttons to go to 000 and then reset

Last edited by kipper2k; 20 February 2014 at 20:37.
Old 20 February 2014, 22:18   #94
kipper2k

Forgot to mention. Requested improvement - mouse control so the keyboard does not have to be hooked up, (i do a lot of testing so not having to hook up the keyboard would be a big plus
Old 20 February 2014, 22:38   #95
H.M

Quote:
Forgot to mention. Requested improvement - mouse control so the keyboard does not have to be hooked up, (i do a lot of testing so not having to hook up the keyboard would be a big plus
And what about the joystick ? Did you tried it ?
Old 20 February 2014, 23:15   #96
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M View Post
And what about the joystick ? Did you tried it ?

Hmm, ya got me there, i never tried that... Hey, look at that, joystick works
Old 21 February 2014, 14:08   #97
skyline21

This works great on a A500/A600 but when trying to format a blank disk in dungeon master it fails on a A1200 (Standard)
So i think its a timing issue maybe

Great work tho

Old 21 February 2014, 14:23   #98
Turran

I have been having a terrible time trying to flash my device. Got it to work once on my Win8.1 x64 using power from an ATX power supply, so I flashed it and all is fine with it.

Tried to help a friend flash his yesterday but could not connect to it. Tried my own again and it did not want to connect either.

Tested all USB ports
Tested on another Win7 x64 machine as well.

Finally connected it to an old XP x86 laptop and it works again. I can connect to mine now (Do not have the other one here).

I'm a bit insecure now though. When chosing "Target", the "STM32_Connectivity-Line_128k" is no longer there. Only these:
STM8_128K
STM8_16K
STM8_256K
STM8_32K
STM8_64K
STM8L_16K
STM8L_32K
STM8L_64K
STM8L_8K

Which one should I use? Figured I might need to re-flash for an update so I might as well solve this now...
Old 21 February 2014, 14:33   #99
Higgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline21 View Post
This works great on a A500/A600 but when trying to format a blank disk in dungeon master it fails on a A1200 (Standard)
So i think its a timing issue maybe

Great work tho
I managed to format a disk (on A1200) by turning off 'verify'. It was using the formatting program that is with ClassicWb.

I 'burnt' (copied, wrote?) an ADF to the formatted disk, but the disk then had an error once I rebooted. Not sure if the issue was with original ADF or like you say some timing issue.

I did think about creating a blank .ADF and just leaving it on SLOT 030 or something.
Old 21 February 2014, 14:42   #100
Higgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
I have been having a terrible time trying to flash my device. Got it to work once on my Win8.1 x64 using power from an ATX power supply, so I flashed it and all is fine with it.

I'm a bit insecure now though. When chosing "Target", the "STM32_Connectivity-Line_128k" is no longer there. Only these:
STM8_128K
STM8_16K
STM8_256K
STM8_32K
STM8_64K
STM8L_16K
STM8L_32K
STM8L_64K
STM8L_8K

Which one should I use? Figured I might need to re-flash for an update so I might as well solve this now...
This sounds a bit technical, sorry cannot help here. Not sure if I really took much notice of this line when flashing the newer firmware releases.

My USB-TTL was quite picky on which pins I connected first to the GOTEK before it would talk. After all my SERIAL-TTL issues I think I went past the 'follow exactly H.M's instructions' to I WANT IT TO WORK!! So just pluggined in randomly.

I did not have any drivers with the USB-TTL, so used these:

http://www.pololu.com/docs/0J7/2

Once I remembered to change my COM port to 5 it all worked (I had left it on COM 1, which was the non-working serial port).