English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 19 September 2016, 18:15   #1
KhenemetHeru

Wink Old Commodore guy but Amiga n00b

Hi, just starting to get serious about Amiga games and software after years of casually fooling around with UAE.

I was a Commodore 64 die-hard, my friend in college had an Amiga but I never had the opportunity to get one back then. Now my PCs can run UAE well enough that I feel it's viable and possible to really get serious, so here I am to learn and try to experience what looks like great things.

- Shadowhawk

Old 20 September 2016, 01:27   #2
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Hi and welcome. Iv'e only mucked about with emulators a few times. I use an A1200 mostly for gaming myself. I need to find time to muck about with it some more.
Old 20 September 2016, 08:03   #3
TroyWilkins

Hi and welcome! If you're using emulation, there are a few great packages you can get that make things much easier, if you'd like to know more I'm sure a few of us would happily point you in the right direction.

Beware, while emulation can be great, nothing really gives the same feel as the real thing - my understanding is that there are still a few games that only work correctly on real hardware, although this may no longer be the case and progress on WinUAE moves at an impressive pace.