English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 30 July 2013, 21:29   #1
farfromsleep

Gem'X sort-of-remake released

Hi there, I used to have an account on here but it seems it was deleted in my absence (the last post I found was me looking for a copy of Gem'X, fittingly enough). Anyway, I wanted to let you all know that I just released a new PC Puzzle game heavily inspired by Kaiko's classic.

It includes 40 levels and its own (kind of fiddly) level editor. You can download it free at GameJolt, Yoyo, IndieDB or at the official site. Hope you like it. More remakes/updates on the way.

Old 01 August 2013, 17:26   #2
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

That looks pretty sweet!

What did you use to build the game?
Old 01 August 2013, 17:27   #3
Phantom
Adventurer

Any chance for AmigaOS 4.1 version?

Last edited by Phantom; 01 August 2013 at 17:27. Reason: Typo
Old 01 August 2013, 17:59   #4
farfromsleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
That looks pretty sweet!

What did you use to build the game?
Gamemaker Studio (GMLscript). I know a lot of coders aren't fans of it, but it does the job for me.

Quote:
Any chance for AmigaOS 4.1 version?
I can only export to Win, Mac, iOS, Android and HTML5, it could be a possibility when HTML5 support matures a bit.

That said, it's mechanically a simple enough game, if someone wanted to develop an AROS/AmigaOS version I'd be happy to share the art and music assets. Levels are stored as simple text files, it'd be straightforward enough to parse them. I'd love to have a go myself, but don't really have the free time at the moment, with so many other projects on the go. It's definitely something I'd like to have a crack at at some point, though.

Last edited by farfromsleep; 01 August 2013 at 18:07.