English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 24 January 2019, 15:52   #201
buzzybee

If you prefer watching cool games rather than playing them, please feel invited to have a look at RESHOOT R when it´s ready ... :-)
Old 24 January 2019, 21:37   #202
solaris104

Perfect video, I look forward to the final version of the game :-)
Old 24 January 2019, 22:45   #203
vroom6sri

This is looking and sounding great. I can't imagine seeing a game with those effects back in the Amiga's original era. Very impressive.

Do you think you'll still do a bundle release of Reshoot and Reshoot R? I for one would buy said bundle.
Old 25 January 2019, 05:00   #204
buzzybee

@vroom6sri: Thank you for your kind words. As for a bundle of Reshoot and RESHOOT R. I love the idea, already thought about it and finally decided against it. Why? To me such a bundle would only make sense if I modified Reshoots original code, to make the game look a bit prettier and to kill two or three bugs. This would eat up a many hours - time which I could then not invest into RESHOOT R. Having said that, there are still copies of Reshoot available for order right now :-)
Old 25 January 2019, 11:06   #205
vroom6sri

I understand and respect that.
Old 25 January 2019, 11:48   #206
Pyromania

This game is going to be kick-ass!
Old 25 January 2019, 20:39   #207
thairacerjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
This game is going to be kick-ass!
I AGREE 1000 % , long time i didn't being so hurry to play an Amiga game AAA class, so imaginative background , thanks for this richard .
Old 27 January 2019, 16:15   #208
vulture

Looks fantastic, I like the perspective scroller a lot!
Old 30 January 2019, 10:16   #209
buzzybee

It´s so much fun to work with old school tools like Deluxe Paint IV sometimes. Even though the majority of RESHOOT R is developed with a modern toolchain, lucky me sometimes has to use software from the 90s in order to get RESHOOT R off the ground.

rr_dev_deluxe_paint by Richard Löwenstein, auf Flickr
Old 04 February 2019, 19:56   #210
sokolovic

OK I've played one demo of Reshoot R and this is one of the most impressive 2D game I've ever seen on the Amiga. Looking forward to buy a copy of this masterpiece.

Last edited by sokolovic; 04 February 2019 at 22:40.
Old 04 February 2019, 22:29   #211
buzzybee

Your comment is very kind. My goal is to release a game which would not get slapped by the press if it would have been released in ... say ... 1992. And if some consider it being a real good shmup, on Amiga or whatever platform, than that´s all I can realistically want to achieve.
Old 12 February 2019, 11:31   #212
AndreasM

RESHOOT R Webpage online

RESHOOT R Webpage online

From now on the support page of RESHOOT R can be accessed at http://reshootr.apc-tcp.de

RESHOOT R is the successor of Reshoot and is a horizontal scrolling shoot'em'up for the Amiga 1200, Amiga 4000 or CD32.

The game is expected to be available at APC&TCP in Q2 2019 as ...

... Digital Download
... Pure Edition
... Signature Edition (Includes Audio Soundtrack CD & Pure Edition CD & Making Of Booklet).

Already in the first quarter of 2019, the Audio Soundtrack CD will be available from RESHOOT R at APC&TCP and at Amiga retailers.

If you are interested in offering RESHOOT R Audio Soundtrack CD to your customers, please contact APC&TCP via email.

About APC & TCP

APC & TCP is one of the largest publishers for the computer system Amiga.
Just in 2019, APC & TCP will publish over a dozen products for the Amiga.
APC&TCP has been active as an Amiga publisher for over 25 years and always looks for good and interesting Amiga products for release.
Should anyone be interested in selling his product via APC&TCP ... just write an email.

http://www.apc-tcp.de
Old 12 February 2019, 14:56   #213
sokolovic

I'll buy it as soon as it will be available.

Just a question, maybe already answered, but does the game use the AGA Chipset in other ways than using extra colors ? I remember that there was a bunch of others features but that most of the games, even the AGA only ones barely used (like larger sprites or "burst" mode)
Old 12 February 2019, 15:23   #214
buzzybee

Quote:
I'll buy it as soon as it will be available.
That would be an honor!

Quote:
does the game use the AGA Chipset in other ways than using extra colors
Using AGAs true color palette was probably one of the most pesky things I had to cope with while developing RESHOOT R. AGAs colormanagement is from hell. But anyway, the game uses a number of AGA-specialities. Some main features are:
  • 64 pixel wide sprites
  • full AGA colorpalette
  • HAM8 usage
  • subpixel positioning of viewport and sprites
  • and some sort of lores / dual playfield hybrid usage which is a bit boring to explain, but nice to look at

While I we are at it: I noticed that some people would like to play a demo of the game. Well, a demoversion from an older built is available for some months. Whoever missed it might want to visit an older posting on my Patreon-website.

Also, in case you wanna get a first impression how the cover looks like, may I again invite you to click here or look down there
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	digipac_cover.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	326.9 KB
ID:	62033  
Old 12 February 2019, 19:09   #215
eXeler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
That would be an honor!

Using AGAs true color palette was probably one of the most pesky things I had to cope with while developing RESHOOT R. AGAs colormanagement is from hell. But anyway, the game uses a number of AGA-specialities. Some main features are:
  • 64 pixel wide sprites
  • full AGA colorpalette
  • HAM8 usage
  • subpixel positioning of viewport and sprites
  • and some sort of lores / dual playfield hybrid usage which is a bit boring to explain, but nice to look at

While I we are at it: I noticed that some people would like to play a demo of the game. Well, a demoversion from an older built is available for some months. Whoever missed it might want to visit an older posting on my Patreon-website.

Also, in case you wanna get a first impression how the cover looks like, may I again invite you to click here or look down there
Cool, so release is nearing. Will definitely order the physical copy.
Just curious, did you consider releasing digital copy before sending CDs for manufacting to iron out potential bugs?
Old 12 February 2019, 20:54   #216
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
Just curious, did you consider releasing digital copy before sending CDs for manufacting to iron out potential bugs?
Interesting proposal. Suppose you´ve got the one or two bugs in mind, which had crept into the first Reshoot game. Well, RESHOOT R is totally different as I showed the game on several events in the past two years. This was not the case with its predecessor.

RESHOOT R has been played and commented a lot by several people. Which, by the way, is the reason why it takes me so much longer to develop than I had thought. Because I get so many great idea, some of which I want / wanted to put into the game. Plus, I can iron out a whole lotofbugs!
Old 18 February 2019, 13:35   #217
mcgeezer

I had a chance to check out videos of your game Richard, it looks excellent, there's certainly a huge amount of effort went into it which I appreciate!

As I love shmups I will buy your game for sure.

The only thing I would say is that I much prefer the "Fire and Forget" type of shmup, where enemies only take 1 hit to be destroyed (apart from bosses), some of the enemies if your game look like they take a lot of hits which would frustrate me a little.

Game looks brilliant though - well done.

Geezer
Old 18 February 2019, 16:04   #218
buzzybee

@mcgeezer: Much appreciated, especially from a man of your caliber, who knows what it takes to develop a complete game of reasonable quality.

Regarding 1-hit-type objects: Obviously, classic european type shmups for homecomputers had to rely on hard-to-kill-objects, as the hardware was not built to draw a lot of objects – so if they´d all be killed in an instant, the screen would look empty lot of times.

I optimised the engine for RESHOOT R a lot, so that I can display nice visual fx and lots of objects without slowdown or too much flicker. Therefore I now try to design the game in a way of mixing the pleasure you get from a killing spree against 1-hit-type objects, and waves of objects which are obviously harder to kill because of their size.

So my hopes are high that you will enjoy the final game. :-)