English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 10 May 2019, 23:55   #221
Cisek

Any chance for crt-easymode-halation shader speed up/faster version? This is my favourite one, though it works a little too slow on my machine.

Old 11 May 2019, 22:10   #222
guest.r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisek View Post
Any chance for crt-easymode-halation shader speed up/faster version? This is my favourite one, though it works a little too slow on my machine.
Hi there,

it's a pretty complex shader, i don't want to cripple it too much, but i used fast gamma in this variant, that should give it some boost.

I also posted the normal version here, it should run much faster.
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...7&postcount=62
Attached Files
File Type: zip crt-easymode-hl.zip (2.9 KB, 365 views)
Old 12 May 2019, 11:36   #223
Cisek

Thank you

It still is too slow though. I tried also your crt-classic shader, which looks really good on the screens, but with my setup it looks completely different and bad. I tried to use it with lowres and highres and still can't get the effects like on your screenshots.

Old 12 May 2019, 20:47   #224
guest.r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisek View Post
Thank you

It still is too slow though. I tried also your crt-classic shader, which looks really good on the screens, but with my setup it looks completely different and bad. I tried to use it with lowres and highres and still can't get the effects like on your screenshots.
Does it happen with crt-classic if you use something like this in your settings?

Code:
keep_aspect = 1.0
line_doubling = 0
low_resolution = 1
shader = crt-classic
Otherwise a screenie would be welcome for me to think about it a bit.

If you want for crt-easymode-halation (or any other shader) to run a bit faster, then you could also limit the output image a bit, assuming you are running at least 1080p by adding following to the custom configuration:

Code:
scale_x = 4.0
scale_y = 4.0
Old 05 June 2019, 04:01   #225
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Has anyone managed to make these shaders work with FS UAE on Macs (latest Mojave)?

If I attempt to use them, FS UAE crashes miserably upon launching the game.
Old 07 June 2019, 00:51   #226
CCRider

No luck as of yet.
Old 30 July 2019, 04:06   #227
fatguy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest.r View Post
Hi everyone!...
Thanks for all the shaders guest.r, I've tested a few but tbh I'm happy enough with crt-guest with beam_min set to 2.0 and beam_max set to 4.0

Unfortunately, it took a while to even get to that stage as despite my best efforts I could not get them to work. I was putting the shaders into
Code:
FS-UAE\Shaders
but eventually found out they have to be in
Code:
FS-UAE\Data\Shaders
I was also updating the file database after dropping a new shader into the folder but realised eventually that you don't have to do that!

I had another issue with how to put these in the settings, as I was adding the .shader suffix but that isn't actually required so you wouldn't write
Code:
shader = crt-guest.shader
it should actually be
Code:
shader = crt-guest
I know this is covered in the thread but would it be possible for you to update the OP with this information? I think it would be helpful for people like myself who only read the OP then skim the other 13 or whatever pages. Thanks.
Old 04 August 2019, 15:37   #228
guest.r

Sure, NP. I updated the Original Post with some useful info.

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=1156121&postcount=1

Also new is that now i host some nicest shaders on Github, please check the link:

https://github.com/guestrr/FS-UAE-Shaders

Some new shaders are added, some improoved, so you can update without second thoughts.
Old 06 January 2020, 17:37   #229
diedel

Would it be very difficult to convert the crt-mattias shader from Retroarch into FS-UAE?

Here the link:
https://github.com/libretro/glsl-sha...t-mattias.glsl

I tried a lot of shaders but this shader is simply awesome, it reminds me of the screenshots of the 80's magazines. I run it together with the Retroarch P-UAE core.
Old 06 January 2020, 18:27   #230
guest.r

It's a nonstandard shader, which really likes some texture coordinates setups (0.0-1.0 range for source image) / non power of two textures, but i think it's a decent port.

Cheers...
Attached Files
File Type: zip crt-mattias.zip (1.8 KB, 226 views)
Old 06 January 2020, 20:16   #231
diedel

Wow! Thanks!

It looks amazing in FS-UAE too. But I noticed some moving black bands in the image that aren't in Retroarch.

I took an screenshot in FS-UAE but the black bands are gone
Click image for larger version

Name:	carvup-real-2001061909-01.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	65849
The effect is similar to this but much less pronounced:
https://i.stack.imgur.com/TvcIF.png

I can see also some distortion, maybe is related with those black bands?

And this is the screenshot from Retroarch:

Name:	CarVup_v1.3_1232-200106-190653.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	333.4 KB
ID:	65850
In the Retroarch screenshot the bilinear filtering is disabled.

By the way, I removed the curvature and reduced the ghosting, like I did in GLSL version:

uv = mix( uv , uv, 0.5 );
float ghs = 0.01;
Old 06 January 2020, 20:34   #232
guest.r

Is this version better? I disabled the "wobbling" effect which should originaly change with time i guess.
Attached Files
File Type: zip crt-mattias-no-wobbly.zip (1.8 KB, 251 views)
Old 06 January 2020, 22:11   #233
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Looks very good to me! Maybe I'll actually start using CRT shaders (possibly without the curvature though). Maybe I can add some features to help such shaders look better. I notice for example that when the Amiga display has a (light) border color, the left border of the curved screen becomes sharp and somewhat jagged, while the right border is blurry. This is due to texture sampling/interpolation, and the fact that there is nothing to the left of the image (on the GPU), while there is a black area to the right since the texture is bigger than the used area. This can be worked around in the shader itself probably, but could also be an idea to offset the Amiga display a bit to the right and down on the texture in FS-UAE, so that there is black data outside all edges...
Old 06 January 2020, 23:02   #234
FRQZ

The crt-caligari shader is my favorite from Retroarch. Quite usable for different resolutions.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rachero-200106-230116.png
Views:	312
Size:	955.2 KB
ID:	65853  

Old 06 January 2020, 23:35   #235
guest.r

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Looks very good to me! Maybe I'll actually start using CRT shaders (possibly without the curvature though). Maybe I can add some features to help such shaders look better. I notice for example that when the Amiga display has a (light) border color, the left border of the curved screen becomes sharp and somewhat jagged, while the right border is blurry. This is due to texture sampling/interpolation, and the fact that there is nothing to the left of the image (on the GPU), while there is a black area to the right since the texture is bigger than the used area. This can be worked around in the shader itself probably, but could also be an idea to offset the Amiga display a bit to the right and down on the texture in FS-UAE, so that there is black data outside all edges...
Sounds like a very good idea! Ideally it could be done with texture wrapping modes, "tile" should be ok i guess, if we want black colors on edges.

It could be done with shaders also, there is a special "corner" function which does exactly this (adds black borders around the image), much easier than coordinate checks. But if the emulator could fix this it would be great.

@FRQZ
Quote:
The crt-caligari shader is my favorite from Retroarch. Quite usable for different resolutions.
A lovely shader, indeed. When i'm up for some "shading", i could make a FS-UAE port too.

Last edited by guest.r; 07 January 2020 at 21:42.
Old 07 January 2020, 23:13   #236
diedel

Yes, much better! The distortion has gone.

Yet the black waves are still. Can you see them?
Old 07 January 2020, 23:30   #237
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by diedel View Post
Yet the black waves are still. Can you see them?

Based on the (look-alike) image you posted it looks like an aliasing effect, probably due to the shader not actually rendering to 1:1 display pixels. One possible explanation for that is a high-DPI display where FS-UAE runs with a lower resolution which is then rendered to a higher-res display by the windowing system.

Are you using Windows or macOS? If you're running Windows, you can try to disable interface scaling (don't remember the setting's name) where you can choose between 100%, 150%, 200% etc to scale up fonts (etc). Try 100% and see if the shader looks correct?
Old 08 January 2020, 00:10   #238
diedel

Yes, it was that. Thank you!
I had 125% in the Windows 10 interface scaling, I'm in my forties

Last edited by diedel; 08 January 2020 at 00:17.
Old 08 January 2020, 00:22   #239
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Btw, in the next FS-UAE series, this problem should go away, in-development FS-UAE version should be high-dpi aware (I hope) - so it should not matter what the scaling factor is
Old 04 February 2020, 12:57   #240
RuySan

Some of the shaders on Retroarch are really nice, and simple scanlines just doesn't cut it anymore on FS-UAE

But the shader I use for Retroarch, CRT-Royale, seems overkill for Amiga. It really looks more like a TV instead of a monitor. What is the shader that emulates the 1084s screen the best for FS-UAE?