English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 02 February 2008, 20:49   #1
amigaboy

Easyadf Problems with Flash Card

Hi, I recently got Easyadf from Amigakit along with the PCMCIA CF Adapter The problem I have is when I load Easyadf it says there is no disk in CF0. I thought it would be easy - put the CF in the PCMCIA slot - boot the disk and load the program and access CF0.

I do notice that when I boot there is no CF0 icon on the workbench?? I know the amiga can read the CF because when I was going through workbench I found a program where I can format the card.

I have an Amiga 600 and I am using workbench 2.05. I have read through the amiga workbench manual and there is no mention of how to access the CF0 drive.

Where am I going wrong.

Old 03 February 2008, 14:59   #2
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

Amigaboy,

Don't know were you're going wrong but I've got the same problem

I've tried with my 600 and 1200. Both machines have harddrives. Tried a clean reinstall of Workbench on the 1200. Still no joy.

Both machines are reporting through CardPrep that they are there but Workbench won't see them.

To answer your question - Open a shell window and type in Dir CF0:

If your card is there it will tell you - if not it will also let you know that there is no disk in CF0:

I've reported it to Amigakit (which is where I got mine from) and we're trying to sort it out now

Good luck with yours
Old 04 February 2008, 14:21   #3
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

Update - I've been asked to return my adaptor and card for checking
Old 11 February 2008, 22:40   #4
amigaboy

I have now managed to mount the flash card.

When I go into shell and type Mount Cf0: I get the reply - Cf0 already mounted which is good - However I still don't have an icon. When I type Cf0: in shell I get the reply no disk in Cf0

I seem to be making slow progress but still not solved. Have contacted Amigakit about returning my disk with card but I am waiting a reply.

Does anyone have any suggestions in the mean time?

Last edited by amigaboy; 14 February 2008 at 21:49.

Old 11 February 2008, 23:03   #5
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

Amigaboy

You have pm
Old 11 February 2008, 23:11   #6
ppill
CON: artist

@amigaboy

What disk are you using to load the system? A Workbench floppy? Which version of kickstart does your A600 have (you should see it just after powering up -- next to the disk drive animation)?
Old 12 February 2008, 01:28   #7
amigaboy

I have kickstart 37.300 I am booting from a floppy verison of workbench 2.05

I have copied the cf0 and compactflash.device to my workbench devs draw

I have copied the fat95 to the l drive

This allows me to mount the cfo drive when I boot workbench. I know it is mounted as when I type info in shell it appears with my other drives but says there is no disk present

I have also copied over various programs from the workbench disk to the easyadf disk from amigakit so that it can mount the cfo on loading using either the mount program or iconx in the c draw.

I am at just a lost as to why it wont recognise the card. In prepcard function in workbench extras the card is shown and when I take the card out it disappears which seems to suggest the card adaptor is working.

I have also formated the card on my pc but this has had no impact.

Sorry for any repetition but I have been googling other sites and ticking off other recommendations that I have come across.

Old 12 February 2008, 01:34   #8
amigaboy

Just had a message from Davideo, it seems as if there might be a problem with the current batch of cards not being compatible. Will contact Amigakit and let you know what the outcome is.

Thanks for the help

Old 12 February 2008, 11:20   #9
ppill

It's a bit strange that you've got the CF0: mounted during startup. I checked the default startup-sequence ona 2.05 Workbench disk and it's not enough to copy a mountlist (CF0) to devs: to make it available straight after boot. I think they introduced separate mount entries stored in devs:dosdrivers later. Did you modify the s-s?

You should mount it from the shell like this:

Quote:
mount cf0: from devs:cf0 (if the cf0 file is in devs:)
or do this:

Quote:
type devs:cf0 >>devs:mountlist (this will add the contents of CF0 to the default mountlist)
Edit the mountlist file and add

CF0: just before

Quote:
CF0: <- here
FileSystem = l:fat95
Device = compactflash.device
Unit = 0
Flags = 0
then it's simply

Quote:
mount cf0:
If PrepCard recognises the card, it should work (not that PrepCard has anything to do with setting up CF cards and adapters but still).

Last edited by ppill; 12 February 2008 at 11:36.
Old 12 February 2008, 12:05   #10
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

ppill,

I had the same problem as Amigaboy - it turned out (according to Amigakit) that the new cards have been changed and are not compatable with the Amiga.

My new card and adaptor was returned to Amigakit last week and a replacement card and adaptor are now winging their way back to me

I was going to update this thread when I'd had chance to try the new setup but won't be able to do that until tonight - so I'll keep my fingers crossed until then
Old 12 February 2008, 12:35   #11
ppill

OK. Good luck then
Old 12 February 2008, 20:09   #12
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

Amigaboy,

Put my replacement card in - worked straight away

So I'd suggest contacting AmigaKit as you said in your earlier thread
Old 12 February 2008, 21:19   #13
amigaboy

Glad yours is working - have contacted amigakit about returning card so fingers crossed will have equal success.

Thanks again for the help.

Old 14 February 2008, 21:49   #14
amigaboy

Have used a replacement card and everything is working

Thanks for all the responses - I think I was going mad on my own trying to work it all out and I definetely used workbench and shell more in the last few weeks than when I had my old 500 back in the nineties.

Old 14 February 2008, 23:27   #15
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

AmigaBoy,

Pleased you got sorted.
Old 14 February 2008, 23:37   #16
ppill

Glad to hear it works.
Old 03 March 2008, 15:39   #17
wandeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigaboy View Post
Have used a replacement card and everything is working

Thanks for all the responses - I think I was going mad on my own trying to work it all out and I definetely used workbench and shell more in the last few weeks than when I had my old 500 back in the nineties.
Which CF card are you using?