English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 01 January 2019, 15:42   #221
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiscoco View Post
I would like to know if I can charge something for my work or not, just for being attached to some graphics.
If you used graphics that belong to someone else, then no, you cannot charge money for it no matter how much work you added to it. That is the law, and is not up for debate.

What Amiten did was wrong, no question. And with companies like Nintendo going after anyone and anything that uses their IP without permission we don't need that kind of thing in the scene.
Old 01 January 2019, 16:17   #222
PortuguesePilot
Global Moderator

This whole attachment to money and revenue puts me off. If I knew a bit more about programming I'd do games FOR FREE. To share with my community and to perpetuate - as more as its humanly possible - the awesomeness of the Amiga as a computer and as a machine that causes us to aggregate around it. This "but can I still earn money" posture bothers me. It's clear that you love money more than you love the Amiga or the community that surrounds it. Sorry to put out so bluntly.
Old 01 January 2019, 16:21   #223
cip060

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortuguesePilot View Post
This whole attachment to money and revenue puts me off. If I knew a bit more about programming I'd do games FOR FREE. To share with my community and to perpetuate - as more as its humanly possible - the awesomeness of the Amiga as a computer and as a machine that causes us to aggregate around it. This "but can I still earn money" posture bothers me. It's clear that you love money more than you love the Amiga or the community that surrounds it. Sorry to put out so bluntly.
Amiten loves more money than amiga ???????
ahahahahahaha
But did you see that amiga spectrum collection atari st amstrad has Mr. Acevedo ??
You could save this offense
Old 01 January 2019, 16:24   #224
cip060

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Yeah, like EAB and the moderators are the bad people here; right

Wake up Johnny!!! You are a f$%$ing scammer; you push your propaganda shit everywhere, then eventually believe your own lies as if it was the truth!!!

What do you have to say about this post: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=176???

...you pretend that you were actually making the intro graphics by yourself by posting some bullshit image of you "apparently" drawing the assets; nothing could be further from the truth!!!
But do you realize that you are making yourself ridiculous?
In the end, what do you care if one sells or puts a game for amiga for free?
I remind you that the EAB server is full of commercial programs !!
Old 01 January 2019, 16:34   #225
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by cip060 View Post
Amiten loves more money than amiga ???????
ahahahahahaha
But did you see that amiga spectrum collection atari st amstrad has Mr. Acevedo ??
You could save this offense
Why are you mentioning Amiten?

The only one here saying since the beginning that he wanted the game to be monetized is :

Quote:
[...] The price was discussed and Amiten wanted to put it free. basically because the drawings are free of the network (mentioned above), retouched by him. Then and rather because of my situation in Venezuela and another member of the team decided to put some price to help us directly with money. [...]
Old 01 January 2019, 16:38   #226
DamienD
Global Moderator

I don't really care about you opinion cip060.

All the evidence that Johnny ripped the graphics is out now; people can make up their own minds...

You want to support him, then be my guest.
Old 01 January 2019, 16:48   #227
Luiscoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
Why are you mentioning Amiten?

The only one here saying since the beginning that he wanted the game to be monetized is :
Actually, I do not mind giving it away, I'll try to convince Amiten to release it, although people who have already paid may feel frustrated.

To me what I would like is to polish it and improve it, I am also thinking of a better version with more weapons, more keys and doors, more puzzles, eliminating some defects, to give it to those who contributed, and thus keep everyone happy.

What I still do not see is how to solve the graphics, since I do not see people supporting that. (only one, but not yet completely)
Old 01 January 2019, 17:35   #228
aszu

I don't mind to pay; I keep donating people whenever I can, but what's been going on here is unacceptable and scandalous. There is plenty of graphicians, who could do gfx, even for free. Why don't we close this topic, leave this thing to be forgotten and if you want to crack on with a new production, you already have a engine to use.
Old 01 January 2019, 17:37   #229
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by aszu View Post
I don't mind to pay; I keep donating people whenever I can, but what's been going on here is unacceptable and scandalous. There is plenty of graphicians, who could do gfx, even for free. Why don't we close this topic, leave this thing to be forgotten and if you want to crack on with a new production, you already have a engine to use.
+1
Old 01 January 2019, 17:43   #230
Luiscoco

Quote:
That's what I'm going to do, close this issue, and use the engine for something else.
Old 01 January 2019, 18:08   #231
BippyM
Global Moderator

Is this still going?
Old 01 January 2019, 19:24   #232
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
That's what I'm going to do, close this issue, and use the engine for something else.
Old 01 January 2019, 19:28   #233
cip060

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I don't really care about you opinion cip060.

All the evidence that Johnny ripped the graphics is out now; people can make up their own minds...

You want to support him, then be my guest.
then?
Old 01 January 2019, 19:29   #234
cip060

But do you realize that you are making yourself ridiculous?
In the end, what do you care if one sells or puts a game for amiga for free?
I remind you that the EAB server is full of commercial programs !!
Old 01 January 2019, 19:35   #235
DamienD
Global Moderator

Yes you've said all that... sure, maybe I haven't handled this the best but I really don't appreciate being made a scapegoat by this guy on Facebook.

Again, Johnny has used graphics from various places that he's not authorised to and tried to claim that they were his creations. Everyone can see this.

How is it right to do this and charge people money for stuff that isn't your own? That's totally wrong, but you seem to be saying this is cool for some reason and he deserves the community's support?

There's really nothing more for me to say about this situation.
Old 01 January 2019, 20:45   #236
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Quote:
But this can be again the matter of "copyright" from the opposite side - who is the owner to the rights for Coco Banana engine? I wouldn't underestimate this. Johnny also reads this thread, as he shown in his latest Facebook post today.
Old 01 January 2019, 20:51   #237
BippyM
Global Moderator

Just delete the code and abandon the game.. Alternatively let capcom know someone is using their IP to make money..
Old 01 January 2019, 21:11   #238
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippyM View Post
Alternatively let capcom know someone is using their IP to make money..
Please, do not. I think rats are even worse than plagiators and thieves
Old 01 January 2019, 21:17   #239
kikems

I view this issue to easy. If you read official FB page con can view.

1- First the project start as a free game and need donators to do the game.
2- If you check FB page of project you can't find a text to say something like " I'd make the graphics " but not find something " I used graphic from other sources ". In few posts screens inside deluxepaint app interface that induce to think you make graphics. Everything is very confusing and I honestly think that intention is that it seems that everything original but without saying it.
3- When the game comes to finish, surprise !!!! the game that need need help with donations to do it because it will be free, now is a commercial game LOL. Amiten have asked for donations to make a free game and when it is finished also want to capture the money of the buyers, it is incredible.
4- When Amiten have the "drama" with DamienD, Amiten announce something like "thanks, this "drama" grow my sales..." and next day grow price from 19 € to 29 €.

I am aware that the project has taken a lot of work and has a well-worked code, but none of that is good justification for me.
I think that this project is a shame in the community and the worst thing of all is that there are still people who defend it or think it is not so serious.
The Cocobanana project seems an insult to the community, to the users and to the rest of the developers who do great things for Amiga, whether commercial or free.
Support or defend this type of actions, I think it is serious and a big mistake in the advancement of the Amiga community.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00.png
Views:	57
Size:	346.1 KB
ID:	61405   Click image for larger version

Name:	01.png
Views:	52
Size:	276.5 KB
ID:	61406   Click image for larger version

Name:	04.png
Views:	57
Size:	340.4 KB
ID:	61407   Click image for larger version

Name:	05.png
Views:	54
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	61408  
Old 01 January 2019, 21:17   #240
Allen1

Quote:

That is one of the most sensible posts I've seen on this topic, cant this and the other thread be closed and deleted (and maybe backed up in case of future problems).