English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 01 December 2013, 12:36   #3141
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

I lose interest once I've completed all the levels in LEGO games. Very few games I return to time and time again to attain 100%. With the exception of GTA series.
Old 03 December 2013, 11:29   #3142
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Been playing Back to the Future - the Game. Been through two of the five episodes so far and its a fun experience. The puzzles aren't exactly going to rack the brain if you're used to the likes of the good old point & click adventures, but the story is fun and follows the movies in that way that you go back in time and then later go back in time to the same moment where you were already back in time to correct mistakes, to make it nice and confusing

The voicing would be really good too, if the recording quality would have been a bit better.
Old 03 December 2013, 12:03   #3143
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I've been playing 'Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes' with my wife lately and it's not only a quite disturbing and well drawn point-and-click adventure, but it also includes a quite well designed 'parallel world' gameplay aspect. From the first screen you might get a totally wrong impression what the game will be like later on. It's packed with black humour and some pretty twisted scenes If you got it in the Daedalic bundle and thought it might be not suited for your age, I recommend you give it a real try
Old 12 December 2013, 14:17   #3144
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Besides playing Discworld with my wife (real shame it's not available on GOG or Steam...), I have started to play the Alien Breed remake(s).

Alien Breed: Impact plays quite different to the old games, but it 'conserves' a lot of the elements of the original games. The 'find the exit elevator' or 'destroy x objects' goals have been exchanged for story driven elements (mainly 'activate this to gain access to that' ). Overall it plays slightly like Dead Space in isometric perspective. The controls take a bit to get used to, but aren't bad at all. I'm quite surprised how well the story driven (you could say almost action-adventure...ish) gameplay works together with the classic Alien Breed shooter qualities.

tl;dr: Recommended
Old 12 December 2013, 15:49   #3145
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I liked AB: Impact, but each next level is just a harder version of the previous one. I got really bored with it eventually, so repetitive :/

I've been sucked back into Civilization 5 + Gods & Kings. The game has so many flaws compared to its predecessors, but it just keeps pulling me back in nonetheless!

Probably my biggest annoyance with the game is that I just can't seem to grasp how to play it properly on any reasonable difficulty (prince or higher), I usually end up just flattening out in my city development not gaining enough culture, faith, gold and/or food to expand as fast as the opponents do.
Old 12 December 2013, 15:54   #3146
BarryB
Amigaholic

Currently playing Postal 2 (again) on PC, now the flowers will grow
Old 12 December 2013, 16:03   #3147
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
I liked AB: Impact, but each next level is just a harder version of the previous one. I got really bored with it eventually, so repetitive :/
Not really sure what you'd expect... They threw in some nice timed mission bits and other gimmicks.
Old 12 December 2013, 18:08   #3148
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I was probably already too spoiled by the likes of Shadowgrounds to really appreciate it
Old 12 December 2013, 18:50   #3149
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Hmm, I have Shadowgrounds... seems like I need to give it a try then
Old 13 December 2013, 13:08   #3150
Obliterator

Been playing War Thunder on my new PS4 cant seem to stop playing it O.O and Bombing the crap out of stuff in my Wellington bomber
Old 31 December 2013, 18:12   #3151
MazinKaesar
Super Robot Pilot

Finally I returned to play videogames. I played and completed Dead Space 2 and 3.
Old 31 December 2013, 19:15   #3152
vroom6sri

Uh... Putty Squad and Doom(Attack).
Old 31 December 2013, 20:29   #3153
BarryB
Amigaholic

Started Metro Last Light but it's so full of bugs First you get on a train and somehow can get moved outside the train into a black void and die, now I'm further in the game and a roomful of soldiers are just standing like statues so I can't kill or loot them. Same problem further along when I stealth killed a soldier but it was another 'statue' and I couldn't move after that so lost all progress to that point. Stopped playing it after that, buggy POS!!
Old 03 January 2014, 17:26   #3154
Phantom
Adventurer

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and well... Solid Gold too.
Old 03 January 2014, 17:32   #3155
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Hehe, RoboCraft.
Old 04 January 2014, 22:09   #3156
SWIV

Zx spectrum homebrew games,also Pitfall the Mayan adventure and Thunder Force II on Megadrive.
Old 12 January 2014, 06:32   #3157
laffer
Zone Friend

Dungeon Keeper for the iPad... sadly they've turned it into a nickel and dime game, for instance there are rocks that take 24 hours to remove, and many buildings take up to 6 days to upgrade (unless you use your credit card of course).
Luckily I'm patient so I haven't spent a dime in it, and I'm not planning to.
It's a nice time waster, just checking in form time to time to check up on my progress.

Also, there is actually strategy involved in how you construct your dungeon, and how you attack other players dungeons, so it's not one of those totally brain dead city builder games.
Old 12 January 2014, 11:16   #3158
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I'm playing Legend of Grimrock and DuckTales Remastered (thank you very much laffer ) right now.

First one is an amazingly well made homage to Dungeon Master/Eye of the Beholder. Stonekeep tried the same and didn't really catch me back when it was released, but Legend of Grimrock just feels right. I know I'm (very) late to the party, but another 'must play if you like DM/EoB' from me

DuckTales Remastered isn't a remake of the Amiga, but the NES game. This one just shows that the NES gameplay with a lot of love to details and improved presentation really still works today. It's not Rayman, but if you can get this one in a sale for a tenner, I'd recommend you do so
Old 12 January 2014, 14:47   #3159
spiff
Oh noes!

Been traveling so mostly stuff that works on a macbook. It was a really nice surprise that some games on steam included both a PC and mac version!

Systemshock 2 and Theif 2, a new version of darkengine was released by some nice chap about a year ago. Reliving these two classics.

Poker night 2, great for that 40 min while you travel, doesn't eat that much laptop battery.

Xcom and civ 5, both work pretty well on a track pad

Putty squad!!
Old 12 January 2014, 17:38   #3160
laffer
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post

I've been sucked back into Civilization 5 + Gods & Kings. The game has so many flaws compared to its predecessors, but it just keeps pulling me back in nonetheless!

Probably my biggest annoyance with the game is that I just can't seem to grasp how to play it properly on any reasonable difficulty (prince or higher), I usually end up just flattening out in my city development not gaining enough culture, faith, gold and/or food to expand as fast as the opponents do.
Gimbal, maybe we could play AB coop sometime?